CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Just got back from Cabana bay on Saturday, and had a great time!

The suites weren't full, so we got a cheap upgrade and really enjoyed the extra space. It was nice having two sinks and having the shower and toilet separate (though we did think the door to the toilet was at an awkward angle).

So I just booked Tower Family room for our April, I thought Tower location is closer to the lobby.....but I may be wrong.
Which location is closer to the lobby and restaurant?

The new towers are not next to the lobby, but they are really close to Volcano Bay - the new water park. (And we loved Volcano Bay, so I wouldn't hesitate to stay there!!) But the lower-numbered rooms in Castaway and Starlight will be closest to the check-in desk, and the lower numbered rooms in Continental and Building 5 of Americana will be closest to the restaurant, if that's what you want most. (And that same section of Americana is very close to the bus stop as well.)

Does anyone know where the laundry room is located?
Thanks!

According to the binder in my room, laundry is on the first floor of Starlight, thunderbird and castaway bldgs, and 3rd and 6th floors of Americana and continental bldgs.

Yes, we were in Castaway, and I remember passing the laundry down by the pool - near the center stairs, I think?? It seemed to be a very convenient spot!

Hope someone could help me with this, basically two questions

1. I noticed Cabana Bay has a "check-in parking" area, what is the time limit for parking here/is there a charge for parking here?

2. Could I pick up my AP at Cabana Bay or is it for tickets only?

Hope someone could help me with this, basically two questions

1. I noticed Cabana Bay has a "check-in parking" area, what is the time limit for parking here/is there a charge for parking here?

2. Could I pick up my AP at Cabana Bay or is it for tickets only?

I parked along the curb long enough to check in, no charge. I was able to have them issue me a new AP (I had renewed and upgraded over the phone but needed the new plastic ticket) at the ticket desk.

I think the limit for the curbside parking area at Cabana Bay is 30 minutes, though I am not sure how they would time it. Should be plenty of time to get a ticket activated.

Does the Starbucks at Cabana Bay sell the Universal “You are here” mugs?

We’re planning a day at Volcano Bay. I’d be willing to walk over if they sell the mug. I know the Starbucks at City Walk sells them, but I won’t get over there this visit.

The mug came out right AFTER our last Universal visit! :mad:

Does the Starbucks at Cabana Bay sell the Universal “You are here” mugs?

We’re planning a day at Volcano Bay. I’d be willing to walk over if they sell the mug. I know the Starbucks at City Walk sells them, but I won’t get over there this visit.

The mug came out right AFTER our last Universal visit! :mad:

I think I saw them there a week ago. Not 100%, but there was definitely a mug there as I was standing in line, and I think my brain registered it as the Universal mug. Question is - can you get back in to Volcano Bay via the CBBR entrance after you buy it? They do check room keys at the entrance.

Just checked my credit card charges, and found an extra parking charge from CBBR. I had paid all my charges the night before checkout by gift cards, and have the folio receipt, so I had to call Loews and get the extra $12.78 credited back to my card. It was no problem to get them to reverse the charge, but I might not have noticed...

Hi! I'm looking at having my second stay here this summer. It's just for one night, and we're thinking we might have another couple split the room with us. Their flight doesn't get in until way late, though. My question: how late can we use the pool and other amenities on check out day? Just until check out, or could we hang out at the pool until like 2 or 3 if we stayed the night before? We're heading to a different vacation home that afternoon, so I'm not worried about being ready for a flight or anything like that. Thanks, all!

Hi! I'm looking at having my second stay here this summer. It's just for one night, and we're thinking we might have another couple split the room with us. Their flight doesn't get in until way late, though. My question: how late can we use the pool and other amenities on check out day? Just until check out, or could we hang out at the pool until like 2 or 3 if we stayed the night before? We're heading to a different vacation home that afternoon, so I'm not worried about being ready for a flight or anything like that. Thanks, all!

You can use the pool all day. There are lockers and showers in the fitness center that you can use also.

Hi! Question about the lazy river - does anybody know the depth. For example can an 6' tall person stand up and still have their head above the water? Thank you!

Hi! Question about the lazy river - does anybody know the depth. For example can an 6' tall person stand up and still have their head above the water? Thank you!
I don't know the depth exactly, but I know a 6' tall person could definitely stand and have their head above water. I'm 5'7 and was able to stand without my head getting wet.

I don't know the depth exactly, but I know a 6' tall person could definitely stand and have their head above water. I'm 5'7 and was able to stand without my head getting wet.
Thank you for the information, it was very helpful. :)

Is there some place closes to CBay where you can go and pick up a few groceries or sundry items?
Also, a quick question about Mears transfers, does anyone know the cost of airport to hotel?

Meant to ask this when I got back and forgot - does anyone know if the housekeepers at Universal are not allowed to accept tips? I had little envelopes made up (like we do at Disney) for each day, and they didn't take them. :confused3 The first day, we just thought they missed it, but after the same thing happened the second day, we gave up.

Yes
Housekeepers are a tipped position

Leave a note addressed to housekeeping in the room that the money (next to note) is a tip for them

They will be allowed to take it

They can not take money left out unless there is a note the money is a tip for them

I have never left a note however I always leave a few dollars on the pillow. I never leave it anywhere else and have never left it in an envelope. We have never had them leave it behind. I think its understood that if its on the bed its for them.

Leaving in a while for a repeat trip to CBBR. Last time we were there, I got one of those refill mugs. Is there any discount for me if I bring it back? I'm trying to decide if it's worth the space in my bag to bring an old cup to reuse, or if I'm better of purchasing a new one.

Leaving Friday for our first ever stay at Universal. We will be at Cabana Bay. What will be the best way for us to get to the parks? We are not doing Volcano Bay. I read there is a bus or you can take a boat? Is one better than the other regarding wait times and length of trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter