CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

the booking we made for our two bedroom suite in the new Cabana Bay tower (with view of Volcano Bay) has been changed and the hotel offered us 2 joining suites in the Thunderbird tower.

I understand the frustration of having a reservation changed with no input from you. Of course you'd prefer not to have rooms changed, but consider whether they're offering you a reasonable alternative.

my overall saving from his offer is really $300.

Even if it's the lower amount, that is not an insignificant amount of money to be saving considering all which is really changing is the room view.

Not impressed at all. Ruining my vacation.

Now you're just being dramatic. First off, you assume they're lying to you about why they changed your reservation with no proof. Then you get at least $300 off for the trouble. And somehow the lack of a Volcano Bay view is still "ruining your vacation?" Get real.

Question about room requests in relation to Sapphire Falls. I plan on using the SF water taxi as my primary transportation to and from the parks---yes, I know it takes longer than the bus but it saves me most of the walk through CityWalk--what would be a good room request to take that walk to and from the SF water taxi dock as easy as possible?

Bit hard to tell from Google Maps, since the satellite images are from before SF was open.

tumblr_n3csz3ooJ11qh5vtfo1_500.jpg

this is from 2014 and do not know if it still is valid for 2017.
if it is not, could be a similar program?

check with damo's food sticky
something current might be there.

I contacted the hotel and this was their response about the sonic mugs

Thank you for choosing Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort.

Our resort food court, the Bayliner Diner, still offers the Sonic refillable cups. The current pricing is as follows:

1 day use $8.99

2 day use $11.99

3 day use $14.99

4 days or more $17.99

**If you are still in possession of Sonic refillable cups from a previous stay, you may receive $3.00 off your reactivation purchase.

Please let us know if we may assist you further.

We look forward to your arrival!

Just booked for January! We have been to Universal once about 7 years ago and never stayed on property. We love Disney and go almost every year and have always stayed on property. But this time we are doing 4 nights at Universal - no Disney! We are super excited. It will be my husband and myself and our 11 yo daughter.

Just booked for January! We have been to Universal once about 7 years ago and never stayed on property. We love Disney and go almost every year and have always stayed on property. But this time we are doing 4 nights at Universal - no Disney! We are super excited. It will be my husband and myself and our 11 yo daughter.

You'll have a great time !!
So much as changed since you were last there.

We check out of our Disney area condo today and head over to Cabana Bay ! We've had a really great time at Disney but the teens are definitely more excited for Universal and Cabana Bay. We can't wait to get there

I understand the frustration of having a reservation changed with no input from you. Of course you'd prefer not to have rooms changed, but consider whether they're offering you a reasonable alternative.

Even if it's the lower amount, that is not an insignificant amount of money to be saving considering all which is really changing is the room view.

Now you're just being dramatic. First off, you assume they're lying to you about why they changed your reservation with no proof. Then you get at least $300 off for the trouble. And somehow the lack of a Volcano Bay view is still "ruining your vacation?" Get real.
I will update my experience later. Please don't presume to tell people how they should or should not feel when they have planned something for 4 kids for 4 months, and invest over $15,000 on a vacation. I was pretty pissed off that they changed my hotel room without notice. The way I felt, they should have given me rooms for nothing. It was hardly about the money if I am being honest, and I told the manager such.

The check in manager told me that the entire tower was being vacated. They they could not therefore contact 400 room guests about the closure and room changes. This was clearly not the case, as when I asked 2 days later, the second manager I spoke to informed me that some of the 2 bedroom suites had issues. A little different than closing the entire tower, don't you think? I could quite easily have been informed, and prepared in advance by email.

Thankfully, they were able to accommodate me in a 2 bedroom suite for 3 of our 7 nights. Something the original manager could not do for me. It was not the full 7 nights I booked, but it was a happy compromise, and my wife and kids were amazed at the view from the room, of Volcano Bay. I am not being dramatic when I say that getting the room we initially booked, if only for 3 nights, rather saved me having a bitter taste in my mouth about staying on site.

Last edited:

Can anyone tell me which towers the standard rooms are located in? We booked a standard tower room. Just curious where that might be.

Also, do we need to bring our own floats/pool noodles for the lazy river and pools? If so, which kind are allowed?

Can anyone tell me which towers the standard rooms are located in? We booked a standard tower room. Just curious where that might be.

Also, do we need to bring our own floats/pool noodles for the lazy river and pools? If so, which kind are allowed?

We got a room in the Americana building. I am now sitting in my room looking over the Lazy river - with the Volcano from Volcano Bay looking over everything. It is breathtaking. And a pleasure to wake up having such a beautiful view.

We are maybe 400 steps away from the Volcano Bay enterance. From our room.

The floats can be bought by the lazy river at Cabana Bay. We got two 9 dollar ones. It will make for a nice souvenir.

Trust me, Cabana Bay is AWESOME

I tried to do a search but wasn't really good at it. Does anyone know what the incidental charges are for the hotel at check in? We are checking in on Saturday for 8 days and I want to make sure we have a credit card to cover it all. In Vegas is usually $50- $100 per night hold on the credit card with a maximum hold limit in most places.

Just booked Cabana Bay for Nov. 11-15. Has anyone had success requesting a particular room location? Ideally, I'd like to be close to the lobby and food court and on the side closest to Sapphire Falls, because I plan on using the water taxi rather than the bus.

We will be checking into 2 family suites 11/11 thru 11/14 before moving over to WDW. I will be the Grammy chasing 3 crazy grandsons!!!

We are moving to Cabana Bay for one night after our longer stay at Royal Pacific. We are booked into a volcano view room which I assume is in one of the new towers. How far away are these rooms from the food court?

Last edited:
We got a room in the Americana building. I am now sitting in my room looking over the Lazy river - with the Volcano from Volcano Bay looking over everything. It is breathtaking. And a pleasure to wake up having such a beautiful view.

We are maybe 400 steps away from the Volcano Bay enterance. From our room.

The floats can be bought by the lazy river at Cabana Bay. We got two 9 dollar ones. It will make for a nice souvenir.

Trust me, Cabana Bay is AWESOME
We were in Americana as well overlooking the lazy river, third floor not far from elevator to the pool! Loved it! We did see some ducks enjoying the lazy river just floating around earlier in the mornings! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!