All New CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels' started by schumigirl, Oct 26, 2016.

1. tinkerbellybutton

tinkerbellybutton DIS Veteran

Update: I called Cabana Bay hotel and spoke to the gift shop. They do not sell floats in the gift shop. I thought I saw floats in the gift shop on our last trip, but wasn't 100% sure. Well according to the gift shop employee they do not.

2. tinkerbellybutton

tinkerbellybutton DIS Veteran

My son is going to sleep on the sofa with a blanket and pillow from home, without opening it into a sofa bed. This way the air mattress will fit on the living room floor. He isn't tall and the sofa will be fine. We have stayed in the family suites at Cabana Bay twice now so we are aware of the space and set up. If we could get a cot I would leave the air mattress at home. Called Cabana Bay and they do not offer cots at Cabana Bay at all, no matter which room is booked.

Also, 2 bedroom suites are not available during our trip. Otherwise I may have switched us to that.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Mrsjwb1

Mrsjwb1 otherwise known as Lori

We have stayed at most of the hotels, fortunately, as my daughter is a CM. Cabana Bay, is by far, our favorite. We like the layout of the rooms and the privacy afforded by the little living area/kitchenette.

We've stayed at several of the Deluxe resorts and they are nice, but we love the laid back family atmosphere at CB. However, that being said, the key word is "family" so if you are looking for romantic, quiet or adult, you might want to look elsewhere.

The only issue we have had is PARKING. DH drives a quadcab F150 and parking it is a nightmare. Very limited parking (IMO) and several nights we had to park a long way from our room.

pigletto likes this.
  5. RalphinSC

RalphinSC Daft Brotherhood of the Ubiquitous Mugshare

Just got back from another GREAT week at Cabana Bay! It's an absolute STEAL for Volcano Bay entry and is just our favorite place to stay period right now!

I made a fun little youtube video for the resort. Click and enjoy. Really puts you in that Cabana Bay mood!

6. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead Moderator

I'll give you my first born son if you let me use that YouTube of yours in this hotel sticky intro section.......

Great personal showing of Cbay hotel!

Gruff320 and saskdw like this.
  7. RalphinSC

Absolutely! And you can keep the child!!! :joker:

8. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead Moderator

9. schumigirl

schumigirl It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

I've added it to the 2nd post at the beginning of the thread........

Thanks Ralph, for taking the time to make the video........:)

smallworldnh and RalphinSC like this.
  10. RalphinSC

Thanks! :yay:

11. smallworldnh

smallworldnh DIS Veteran

Loved your video, RalphinNC! I can't wait to see it for myself! :)

RalphinSC and macraven like this.
  12. smallworldnh

smallworldnh DIS Veteran

I have a question on the s'mores (love them and it looks like a fun thing to do). They sell the kits at the hotel, correct? Is there usually a wait to get to the fire pits or can you just walk up and make yours?

13. RalphinSC

Saw it being done, but haven't done it or looked it up myself. We are Scouters and smore-making is a sacred art. LOL! I think they sell kits, not 100% positive though....

smallworldnh likes this.