CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

I just reserved (late August) one of the new 2 Bedroom Suites in the Cabana Tower next to Volcano Bay. I understand they are not open yet (May opening?). Be nice to get some pictures if any are available. I chose the new 2 bed suite because I have the wife and 4 kids. Too expensive for a Parlor suite at Portofino. Wife wants the Cabana for the kids. Not the luxury feel which is OK I guess I could also get 2 CBBR rooms, but be real nice if we can all be in the same room experience (772 square feet ain't too bad), and the rooms are supposed to face the Volcano, from what I have read elsewhere. Anyone confirm any of this? Any pictures available at all?

Questions:

Can I cancel my current reservation and take adavantage of any APH rates that might come up for Single rooms in August?

There are a limited number of these 2 bed suites. If they are all booked, during my trip, then what are the chances off an APH rate coming available?

Sure I had another question, but that's probably enough........

I just reserved (late August) one of the new 2 Bedroom Suites in the Cabana Tower next to Volcano Bay. I understand they are not open yet (May opening?). Be nice to get some pictures if any are available. I chose the new 2 bed suite because I have the wife and 4 kids. Too expensive for a Parlor suite at Portofino. Wife wants the Cabana for the kids. Not the luxury feel which is OK I guess I could also get 2 CBBR rooms, but be real nice if we can all be in the same room experience (772 square feet ain't too bad), and the rooms are supposed to face the Volcano, from what I have read elsewhere. Anyone confirm any of this? Any pictures available at all?

Questions:

Can I cancel my current reservation and take adavantage of any APH rates that might come up for Single rooms in August?

There are a limited number of these 2 bed suites. If they are all booked, during my trip, then what are the chances off an APH rate coming available?

Sure I had another question, but that's probably enough........
We have a 2 bedroom suite booked for early May. I was told they are nearly done. I was also told when I booked it that there would only be 20 2 bedroom suites per new tower. I will post pictures when I get back if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

We have a 2 bedroom suite booked for early May. I was told they are nearly done. I was also told when I booked it that there would only be 20 2 bedroom suites per new tower. I will post pictures when I get back if someone else doesn't beat me to it.
Awesome Larissa. When you book on the UO site, it indicates they have a view of the new water park (volcano bay). I understand that there is also some nightly show from the park, so be nice to have that view too, if show extends into August. Will look forward to your experiences and pictures. Have an awesome time.

Last edited:
We are booked for the 2 bedroom suite in the new tower in Sept! Went to the Loews site to try to get an idea of when these will open and it showed no availability until the end of August so we were worried they were delayed. Glad to hear that some are booked for May! Looking forward to seeing pics and hearing reviews for these big rooms!

Does anyone have any photos of the food there and food area?I read there is icees machines,frozen yogurt bar,and a salad bar.Thank you!

I'll currently have reservations there for early May. Do we know yet when construction will be finished? As much as I love CBBR, dealing with construction may be the tipping point to stay at HRH.

Does anyone have any photos of the food there and food area?I read there is icees machines,frozen yogurt bar,and a salad bar.Thank you!
No pics but yes, there's a salad bar, frozen yogurt bar and icee machines. It's definitely one of the better theme park resort food courts. And prices aren't crazy.

We're flying down this year instead of driving, and am thinking about getting some groceries delivered. I have a few questions, since we've never done it.

Has anyone used Amazon Fresh?

Our flight gets into MCO at 6pm, should we have the stuff delivered that night or wait until the next morning? If it gets there before we do, how does that work? What about cold items?

Thanks!!!

Disneyjr77 - How are you getting from the airport to Universal? Most car services will include a grocery stop?

That being said bell services has a refrigerator and freezer that they will hold things in.

Disneyjr77 - How are you getting from the airport to Universal? Most car services will include a grocery stop?

That being said bell services has a refrigerator and freezer that they will hold things in.

We're using the Universal shuttle, so i don't think they'll stop. We may just get a cab to Wal-mart and call it a day.

I'm still on the fence about what would be the best way.

We're going to be at Cabana Bay tomorrow (yeah!). We are talking about maybe doing a lazy stay-in movie night. Does anyone know if it is possible to stream movies on the TV from my tablet or to hook up DVD player if I packed one?

Does anyone happen to know if the kids meals in Bayliner Diner can have fries substituted for apples and carrots?

We're flying down this year instead of driving, and am thinking about getting some groceries delivered. I have a few questions, since we've never done it.

Has anyone used Amazon Fresh?

Our flight gets into MCO at 6pm, should we have the stuff delivered that night or wait until the next morning? If it gets there before we do, how does that work? What about cold items?

Thanks!!!
I also like GardenGrocer. I find their prices to be normal.

Does anyone happen to know if the kids meals in Bayliner Diner can have fries substituted for apples and carrots?

Don't imagine it would be a problem.......you can normally change things like that everywhere else......our friends with 3 young kids do that in every Universal restaurant they eat at, as their kids don't eat fries.

Hi Everyone! We decided to drive straight to Orlando from New Orleans, so we will be arriving late. Is there an online check in option? Should we call and let them know we are checking in late? It's probably going to be after midnight.

We're going to be at Cabana Bay tomorrow (yeah!). We are talking about maybe doing a lazy stay-in movie night. Does anyone know if it is possible to stream movies on the TV from my tablet or to hook up DVD player if I packed one?

In case anyone was wondering, I kind of found out the answer to my own question. I was able to play around with the TV in the bedroom (we were in a suite) and stream from my tablet to the TV fairly easily. We wound up not using it, but it was nice to know that it was possible.

Just wanted to say that I was at Cabana Bay over this past weekend and had a great time there! Arrived around 11:30am and the room was ready! I really wish I could have been there longer. Ended up in one of the new towers, Beachside. The room was very nice and spacious! I was in 8615 and it overlooked Volcano Bay. I was okay with not having the EP this trip since the waits were pretty low on Friday, got a lot done in just 5 hours. Would totally stay here again!

Just wanted to say that I was at Cabana Bay over this past weekend and had a great time there! Arrived around 11:30am and the room was ready! I really wish I could have been there longer. Ended up in one of the new towers, Beachside. The room was very nice and spacious! I was in 8615 and it overlooked Volcano Bay. I was okay with not having the EP this trip since the waits were pretty low on Friday, got a lot done in just 5 hours. Would totally stay here again!

How was the walk from the tower to the lobby?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter