All-New ‘Magic Happens’ Parade to Debut in Spring 2020 at Disneyland Park

dina444444

DIS Veteran
mhb111231823019999928123.jpg

At D23 Expo 2019, Bob Chapek, chairman, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products just shared details about the next generation of animated stories we’re bringing to life – starting at the Disneyland Resort!

mhp0923480298374928374234fi.jpg

Debuting in spring 2020, the all-new, extraordinary “Magic Happens” parade will travel down Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland park.

Celebrating awe-inspiring moments of magic—both large and small—that are at the heart of so many Disney stories, “Magic Happens” reminds us we don’t need wings to fly, shooting stars were made to wish upon, and magic doesn’t stop at midnight.

mhe029384023948209432.jpg

This daytime spectacular will feature stunning floats, beautiful costumes, and beloved Disney characters – all led by Mickey Mouse and his pals.

On her voyager wa‘a (or canoe), Moana journeys forth on the crest of a beautiful wave, inspired by beautiful koa wood carvings inset with LED panels, providing a dazzling glimpse into the magic the ocean holds.

Celebrating the magic that happens when Miguel strums the guitar of Ernesto de la Cruz, the spectacular float inspired by the Disney and Pixar film “Coco” bridges the Land of the Living and the Land of the Dead with vibrant marigolds. Fantastical alebrije spirit animals join the procession, along with Miguel’s dog Danté.

mhp871623817398127981273123.jpg

The regal grand finale of “Magic Happens” parade celebrates magical moments from classic Disney stories, including the trio of fairies from “Sleeping Beauty” who transform Princess Aurora’s gown from pink to blue and back again!

In addition, the parade will feature even more floats and characters, an energetic musical score and a new song produced in partnership with singer-songwriter Todrick Hall. The high-energy music combines this original song with classic Disney tunes in a fresh, contemporary style.

Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog for more updates on “Magic Happens.”

Source

Celebrating the magic that happens when Miguel strums the guitar of Ernesto de la Cruz
Absolutely love all about it, but... the guitar... doesn't exactly belong to Ernesto, now does it, Disney? 😂😋

Moana? Coco? Todrick Hall involved? I already luuuuuuuuuv this parade.

any idea what they mean by spring? Lol, I have my trip booked and flights paid for feb 28-march 4 next year so I think we will miss it sadly. However, I hope we will get some sort of parade.

any idea what they mean by spring? Lol, I have my trip booked and flights paid for feb 28-march 4 next year so I think we will miss it sadly. However, I hope we will get some sort of parade.
"Spring" can usually mean any time from March - June.

Performer rumors say they’re aiming for the week before Easter. Of course, “aiming” doesn’t mean that will happen, but they apparently started converting the Soundsational floats about a month ago.

Yippee skippee!

Here is my wish list for Disneyland's Magic Happens Parade that's coming next year. So here we go:

1. Since the opening unit is like a Fantasia unit, I may suggests hopefully include and bring back dancing hippos, dancing alligators, and dancing ostriches from the Dance of the Hours. I missed those guys. Of course, if that won't happened (even though it will most likely upset me.), then I guess maybe dancing brooms from Sorcerer's Apprentice will be fine too.

2. Since there's going to be a Sword In the Stone float, which I hope they keep it, while using Merlin, I hope they made a character costume of Wart AKA King Arthur, so he can pull the sword in the stone. And maybe include the songs like Higitus Figitus, Makes The World Go Round , and the finale song like this:

3. Since I've heard there's going to be special effects and magic tricks, don't cut them or they'll face the wrath of the Disneyland fans! Just kidding! But just don't cut them.

4. While there's a Cinderella float, I'm kind of expecting a dress transformation trick. And maybe include the mice Jaq, Gus, Suzy, and Perla.

5. While Mickey will dressed up in his Sorcerer's Apprentice outfit, I would love to see his friends into their sorcerer's costumes like they did at Disneyland Paris and Tokyo Disneysea.

6. For those of characters are face characters, I like to see a few of them wearing wireless mics on the parade like from Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams, MSEP, PTN, and more. Like maybe Merlin or something.

7. While Sleeping Beauty is the finale float, I like to see other characters don't have floats be part of the finale and holding dancing ribbons like they did on TDL's Dreaming Up.

8. Since Soundsational has been performing for 8 years minus Pixarfest, let it stay for 4 or 5 years so hopefully they make a new parade for DL's 70th anniversary. Speaking of which.....

9. I don't know if Disneyland is going to celebrate DL's 65th anniversary next year, but just in case, treat that parade as DL's 65th anniversary parade.

and

10. Make the floats innovative and spectacular. Soundsational Parade have great floats, but not as innovative as Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams and WDW's Festival of Fantasy Parade.

And that's my wish list. My list may have some guarantees and some will not. But we'll see what happens next year.

Performer rumors say they’re aiming for the week before Easter. Of course, “aiming” doesn’t mean that will happen, but they apparently started converting the Soundsational floats about a month ago.
The week before Easter like April 5-11? That week is "reservation only" for FlexPass holders while all surrounding weeks are "good-to-go", so I assume that is The Big Easter Break Week. We are going to be there literally the week before that.

How long do you think until we get some sort of official word? This looks awesome and I would try to rearrange our plans to accommodate it, but don't want to go to the trouble if we are going to miss it by 48 hours. Good thing we are going back in 2021!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter