"All Dressed" potato chips?

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
Never heard of them but saw them on sale and said what the heck. I remember some Canadians posting here talked about ketchup potato chips (and I think ketchup Doritos), but I don't recall a discussion on this. Tried it and it seems to be a combination of barbecue, ketchup, and vinegar seasoning.

ruffles-all-dressed.png
original-grid-image-22126-1422985230-35.jpg

The Canadian original doesn't appear to advertise its "Canadian-ness". Apparently it was a limited time offering in the US about 3 years ago, where they seemed to overdo the maple leaf motif. Still - it sounds like the name is supposed to give a feeling for putting everything on "all dressed" to go out in the cold weather?

img_4907.jpg

http://junkbanter.com/2015/10/01/review-ruffles-all-dressed-potato-chips/

Never heard of them but saw them on sale and said what the heck. I remember some Canadians posting here talked about ketchup potato chips (and I think ketchup Doritos), but I don't recall a discussion on this. Tried it and it seems to be a combination of barbecue, ketchup, and vinegar seasoning.

ruffles-all-dressed.png
original-grid-image-22126-1422985230-35.jpg

The Canadian original doesn't appear to advertise its "Canadian-ness". Apparently it was a limited time offering in the US about 3 years ago, where they seemed to overdo the maple leaf motif. Still - it sounds like the name is supposed to give a feeling for putting everything on "all dressed" to go out in the cold weather?

img_4907.jpg

http://junkbanter.com/2015/10/01/review-ruffles-all-dressed-potato-chips/

Ketchup, salt, vinegar, barbecue, sour cream, onion and other seasoning is what they are. They're a this and that of chips. One of my faves.

We always had All Dressed chips in the house growing up, but I was never a fan.
I prefer my chips naked.

My husband is Canadian although I think this year is the year that he's now lived in the United States longer than he lived in Canada... I digress. All Dressed chips are one of his favorite Canadian things. We are currently living in Buffalo, NY now and I can find them at Wegmans here though since we are right at the border. I'm not a big chip lover so All Dressed doesn't do anything for me. If I'm going to eat chips, I like either plain ones with french onion chip dip or salt and vinegar.

This thread sent me to the pantry and I've just had a nice little snack of All-Dressed. I don't eat a lot of chips but I do love the flavour of these but I prefer brands other than Lays because I find ripple chips to be too thick and heavy.

Oh... sounds yummy but I’ve never seenthis offering.
My niece loves those pickle flavored ones and when I see them, I send them to her lol

I don't eat chips anymore, but I'd try a combo of the chips pictured in the OP, if I saw it at the store. Every few years, I get a craving for fries dipped in mayo & ketchup. It takes me back to my youth. I get my fix, then go back to being an adult that can't eat everything I want. :sad2: I don't think I'd eat the ketchup version alone. They would need to combine the ketchup & mayo to get me to buy a bag.

Love them but don’t eat chips too often. You can find them here in NJ. I have seen ketchup chips here too but only on occasion.

Love those. Great cross between BBQ and vinegar flavor.

I’ve never seen them offered here in SE Michigan. I’d buy a bag if I saw them.

This thread sent me to the pantry and I've just had a nice little snack of All-Dressed. I don't eat a lot of chips but I do love the flavour of these but I prefer brands other than Lays because I find ripple chips to be too thick and heavy.

I was kind of surprised that Frito-Lay Canada only does this for Ruffles and not regular (thin) Lay's. There have to be some other brands with traditional flat chips, right?

My kid loves Ruffles though. Prefers cheddar and sour cream. Only wish I could find small bags at our local Costco Business Center (they do resale packaging).

I was kind of surprised that Frito-Lay Canada only does this for Ruffles and not regular (thin) Lay's. There have to be some other brands with traditional flat chips, right?

My kid loves Ruffles though. Prefers cheddar and sour cream. Only wish I could find small bags at our local Costco Business Center (they do resale packaging).
Yep - lots. All-Dressed is not an exclusive flavour to Lays.

We have the All Dressed Ruffles here in GA. My manager of my shop brought some in a few years ago and said "Hey Boss, ever had these"? Now we always have a bag in the house!

We don't eat potato chips much anymore, but when we do buy them, we make a point of looking for the "All Dressed" chips. They're excellent.

I have recently spied All-Dressed potato chips in the 365 brand at Whole Foods. It says "Canadian Inspired" right on the package. They are about the only potato chips that our family buys.

365_PotatoChipsAllDressed_10oz_0009948246391.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter