All Disney World Attractions Ranked (That I've been on)

Donald Schmuck

Mouseketeer
Hey all,

I've been a long time follower of the boards and The Dis Podcast but this will be my first time posting. I did this just for fun and because I seem to have contrary beliefs on certain attractions that others seem to love. I also left some notes on most of the rides. Feel free to comment and roast me if you disagree with my picks. In order from worst to first, here we go...

Rides I actively avoid

55. Triceratops Spin
- Standard out of the box aerial spinner. Disney put zero energy into this.... "attraction". I pause because I have difficulty calling it an attraction.

54. It's a Small World
- I expect to get some push back here since it is beloved by a lot of old school disney lovers. I find the song horrible and annoying. I almost always leave this ride with a headache.

53. Prince Charming Regal Carousel
- Standard boring carousel. Just sucks slightly less than the other two.

52. Alien Swirling Saucers
- I rank this so low because Disney opened a new park with 3 rides ( only two of them being new) and decided to go with a boring floor spinner. Highly disappointed that Disney went this route.

51. The Seas with Nemo and Friends
- A more boring version of the already boring Under the Sea.

50. Mad Tea Party
- Just as bad as Aliens and Tricerotops Spin, but ranks higher due to it's location and years it's been around.

49. Journey into Imagination with Figmant
- Disney decided to alter an average to above average ride into an absolute snooze fest. I will only hop on this ride if the heat is unbearable.

48.Swiss Family Treehouse
- Good way to get away from the crowds for a few minutes. Other than that I'd never go in.

47. Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Another boring aerial ride with a better view than the others

46. Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid
- This ride serves it's purpose. A people eater to handle the Fantasyland crowds

Once in awhile

40. Astro Orbiter
- My favorite of the aerials, but that's not saying much. I'll only ride it if I can get on during the fireworks.

39. Tomorrowland Speedway
- If you like the scorching heat from the black top and want a free mid-day high from the fumes, you'll love Tomorrowland Speedway

38. Country Bear Jamboree
- Mildly entertaining because the show is so old that they get away with saying things that you could never get away with now if it were a new attraction.

37. Muppet Vision 3D
- Another attraction to use as an escape from the heat or a time killer between fastpasses

36. Gran Fiesta Tour
- Underrated because most people don't even know it exists.

35. Wildlife Express
- Train ride with decent views. No more, no less.

34. Liberty Bell Riverboat
- A nice little getaway from the crowds. That's about it.

33. Spaceship Earth
- This ride sits relatively in the middle of the pack because I couldn't decide if it sucks or not.

32. Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- A lesser version of Peter Pans Flight

31. Turtle Talk with Crush
- Fairly amusing. I really only come to this section of the park to hear the Nemo Seaguls.

30. Mission: Space (Green)
- Pretty decent ride, but I'm more of a thrill seeker, so I enjoy the orange version a lot more.

29. Walt Disney World Railroad
- Classic, nostalgic Disney and a good break for your feet.

28. Carousel of Progress
- Didn't know where else to place this ride. Middle of the pack for me.

27. Kali River Rapids
- Standard river raft ride that is way too short.

26. Peter Pans Flight
- Nervous about this one... This is the second most overrated ride in Disney World. I don't get the hype and the long queues. On the other hand, I love that it's popular because it gives me more fast pass opportunities to get on the rides I really love.

Rides I enjoy, but won't waste a fastpass on

25. Living with the Land
- Some people love it, some people hate it. I like to hop on before or after Soarin. If the line is longer than 15 minutes, I pass.

24. Haunted Mansion
- Here we go. This is the MOST OVERRATED ride at Disney. Every time I go in open minded and always leave saying "it was decent". I don't think that this is a bad ride, but I don't get what all the praise is about and probably never will.

23. Frozen Ever After
- I've only been on this ride twice, both at the end of the evening when the lines go down a bit. Very well themed and I can see why kids and families love it, but I prefer the old ride.

22. Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
- Poor mans version of Midway Mania with a horrible queue, but it's still fun.

21. Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
- A little underrated in my opinion. However, I have had a few bad shows because a lot of it depends on the crowd.

20. Mission: Space (Orange)
- I think I like this ride a lot? But it could also just be because it's located in EPCOT, where rides go to die.

19.Jungle Cruise
- Always liked this ride, not a diehard like a lot of people. Also has a horrible queue.

18. Dinosaur
- Typically short waits and is the lone highlight of Dinoland.

17. Test Track
- It's good but is the red headed stepchild compared to Radiator Springs. Typically utilize the single rider line here.

16. Na'vi River Journey
- Again, a fun ride with great theming, however a little on the short side. The main problem for this ride is that it's located next to Flight of Passage.

Must Do's

15. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- I was highly disappointed when it first came out, but it was my fault. I was expecting a legitimate coaster, when all along it was supposed to be a family "coaster" with great theming. Now seeing what the ride was meant to be and accepting it for what it is, I enjoy it.

14. Pirates of the Carribean
- Disney classic, that's it.

13. People Mover
- If you don't get why People Mover is a great attraction, then go to Leggo Land.

12. Star Tours
- The main reason I love this ride is because of the 1993 Disney promo video where the kid explaining the ride has his hands on his hips like a pregnant women.

11. Slinky Dog Dash
- Good coaster for adults and kids. Great theming. Back row is the place to be.

10. Kilimanjaro Safari
- It's a safari, there are cool animals, it's different. Enough said.

9. Toy Story Midway Mania
- If Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin is a skirt steak, then Toy Story Midway Mania is the filet mignon. 4D, better targets, no crappy laser pointer. However, you do have to make some interesting gestures to shoot the rings...

8. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
- This is not the best ride at Disney, it's not even the best roller coaster. However, this ride fills in a gap that was really needed at Disney. A thrilling roller coaster.

7. Soarin'
- An amazing ride that would easily be in the top 5 if not for two things. 1. The queue is horrible, top 3 worst queues on property. 2. Crooked Eiffel Tower - Come on Disney; all the amazing things the company and the imagineers can do and you can't find a way to have the Eiffel Tower look normal if you're not in the middle row? Shame on you.

Best of the best

6. Space Mountain
- This ride amazes me. If you put this coaster outside during the day, it would be a marginally better ride than Barnstormer. But the dome, the queue, the theming, the darkness make this an extremely exciting coaster.

5. Tower of Terror
- The pre-show, the que, the theming, the drops. I love this ride.

4. Big Thunder Mountain
If you can time it so that you're on the ride when the fireworks go off, it's amazing. There is only one thing wrong with this ride, the chain lifts. The trains are so long that the front of the train is 1/2 way down the drop before the chain releases the train.

3. Splash Mountain
- My favorite ride pre Animal kingdom.

2. Expedition Everest
- Disney Imagineering at it's best. They even made a Vekoma roller coaster a fun ride.

1. Passage of Flight
- Best ride on property and in my opinion it's not even close.

Last edited:
This took a lot of time and thought! I completely agree with "Its a Small World". I just don't get it.

I love the Tikki Room and since you included the Bear Jamboree I assume the Tikki room should be rated?

Soarin is a top 5 for me.

I really don't understand the love for The People Mover but it could be because we got stuck in this ride not once, but twice for 20 min or more. I'm scared to even try it.

Spaceship Earth is an awesome ride and way too low on your list.

Where do you rank Primeval Whirl?

This took a lot of time and thought! I completely agree with "Its a Small World". I just don't get it.

I love the Tikki Room and since you included the Bear Jamboree I assume the Tikki room should be rated?

Soarin is a top 5 for me.

I really don't understand the love for The People Mover but it could be because we got stuck in this ride not once, but twice for 20 min or more. I'm scared to even try it.

Spaceship Earth is an awesome ride and way too low on your list.

Where do you rank Primeval Whirl?

Hey,

Thanks for the reply! Ahh, I knew I forgot something, Primeval. If that ride was at a road carnival, I would say it's ok for what it is. But since this ride came out of the box and Disney just dumped it in Dinoland and said "here ride this" I absolutely hate it. Embarrassingly, I have never been in Tikki Room, but I am going to be at Disney the end of April and have it on my list.

My wife loves Spaceship Earth too and so do a lot of others. I can't put my finger on why it doesn't appeal to me like others, but I will be going on it again, like always when I return in April.

Last edited:

Not a bad list. Though I I strongly disagree with your ranking of Spaceship Earth. It's a beautiful ride.

Haunted Mansion at 20+ is a head scratcher, no offense. It's one of my favs.

Not a bad list. Though I I strongly disagree with your ranking of Spaceship Earth. It's a beautiful ride.

Haunted Mansion at 20+ is a head scratcher, no offense. It's one of my favs.

Yea, I figured I'd get pushback on Haunted Mansion. I want to love it but I just don't get why it is so beloved.

Agree Spaceship Earth is a beautiful attraction, just not my jam.

Kinda hard to tell if you actually even like disney from your "notes".
A "glass half empty" sort of vibe going on here...

If he took the time to write out a detailed list like that, I'd say he definitely likes Disney.
I don't understand that logic. The time it took has no relevance on his dis/like for WDW.

His wording is where I drew my opinion.
Take #7, #6, #4, as examples. These area all at the top of the list. Even when he likes a ride, he still gives negative feedback.

My opinion...That's all!

I don't understand that logic. The time it took has no relevance on his dis/like for WDW.

His wording is where I drew my opinion.
Take #7, #6, #4, as examples. These area all at the top of the list. Even when he likes a ride, he still gives negative feedback.

My opinion...That's all!

All it means is he's providing valuable feedback and isn't smoking the pixie dust. Nothing is perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter