• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All Disney or Universal too?

avdeane

<font color=purple>Just popping in to wish you a V
I've heard from several of my relatives who have visited Disney and Universal studios in the past that we shouldn't miss doing Universal. This is our first trip (except for my DH that is) and since we will only have a week, I thought we should spend a day at each park. This will probably be the only trip I get to make with all of my kids together so I wanted to make sure they got to enjoy all of the Disney parks. I've only gotten half of our tickets so far and these are 4 day PHP.
Since we will be there at the busiest time of the year and new years eve falls right in the middle, I was planning that as our day away from the parks.
Would it be a mistake to miss Universal? I know we won't be able to do two days so it would only be one of the parks there. My kid's ages are 9, 11, 20, 21, 23 plus our daughter;s fiances will be with us as well.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!! TIA!

Vicky:wave2:

Hi avdeane,

Personally I don't really enjoy the attractions at the Universal Studios. We were there for a week in September and spent one day at the Universal Studio... it was quite boring, I think.:p I like the Seaworld better than the Universal Studio.:D

We love Universal. With the ages of your group also I think they might actually prefer the roller coasters and thrill rides at Universal. We love Disney, but nothing can compare to Spiderman. The new Shrek 4D is great. You could spend one day at Universal and just do the best of what both parks have to offer. We always hit Disney and Universal in our one weeks trips. Have fun!

Thanks Dolphin Girl and Hockey Mom for your replies! I appreciate your input!

HockeyMom, which of the Universal parks would you recommend to visit for one day? If we get an earlier start to our vacation we may have an extra full day. So in that case we'd be able to fit in a day at Universal even if we do 4 days of Disney. I am planning on returning to Disney for a vacation just DH and myself in the future so extra days on our PHP would be ok if it ended up that way. But since I have only adults left to buy passes for and these are gifts for Christmas, if I can get away with buying 3 day passes and then Universal tickets, it would save me money compared to buying 4 day passes and deciding to do Universal and only using 3 days on the passes.

Did that make sense? *L* :confused:

Thanks again!!
Vicky:hyper:

Tough call. In IOA the roller coasters are the big hit, so if your group loves coasters this might be the place. Here you also have spiderman , jurassic park(also good), and the only section you might not get enough out of is Suess landing. Very cute, but nothing thrilling going on. Now in Universal you have the classics like Jaws, twister, men in black, back to the future and the new Shrek show, so like I said I would have a tough time deciding which park might be the best. I think you would get more bang for your buck at Universal(a few more things to do).

We never go to Disney any more. My teens, 15 and 17, think it is very "lame". However, we do go to Universal probably twice a year. The prices are fantastic (annual pass for $110US) and the hotel prices are amazing ($120 US for Royal Pacific Resort which compares to Disney's Deluxe resorts). The theming and quality of the rides far outshine Disney (in our opinion). If you stay onsite, you get express access on every ride. There is a new Mummy ride opening in the spring which is supposed to be incredible.

We LOVE Universal!

Damo -do you mind if I ask where you buy your universal AP. The only price I seem to get is $180 US. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter