I am sure that this has been asked before but after spending an hour or so searching the forums I seem to only have a mixed bag of an answer to this question. I have two partially used non expiring tickets from 2005. I have sent the email to ticket.usage to inquire about about is left on each although I'm 99% sure of the answer. Here is my actual question in regards to these tickets.

1. Is there any possibility that these can be linked to my husbands MDE account prior to the trip over the phone, since the rest of us have new tickets and want to book FP+ preferably with him too.
2. If they are unable to link them and I have to wait until we get there is there anyway they can duplicate our FP+ reservations to his account once they are linked. i am asking this because I feel like I have read about that happening in this forum.
3. Is there anything else I can ask them to do or anything else I should know before making this phone call.
1. "Any" possibility? Yes. (It can depend on the individual ticket that you have, however.)
2. Not a normal procedure. Generally, unless it is an error on Disney's part, they don't often "add matching FPs" for guests.
3. Have the ticket in front of you. (And, maybe a magnifying glass.)

Thanks for the quick response Robo. Last question. Since I have already emailed ticket.usage should I wait for a response or should I just go ahead and call since I'm pretty sure I know what is on there. I'm only asking because time is tight (I had to find the tickets). We start booking fast passes on April 5th, since we are off property and I'm hoping to have it squared away by then.

Since I have already emailed ticket.usage should I wait for a response or should I just go ahead and call since
Like anything else...
If you don't hear from them in a "reasonable time," call 'em.

Question for anyone who's in the know: I've looked through this thread somewhat but can't find the answer.

We have the opportunity to go to WDW with a Dance group through the Performing Arts Series. We would be given 4 day hoppers that are discounted. We are already planning on purchasing DVC annual passes around the same time. Can these tickets be upgraded to a DVC annual pass when we get there? Since these are a discounted ticket, I wasn't sure if they were eligible for upgrade in that manner.

The other option would be for us to buy the AP beforehand and ask the group to discount our rates, but I worry that would be too much hassle for them. TIA!

Question for anyone who's in the know: I've looked through this thread somewhat but can't find the answer.

We have the opportunity to go to WDW with a Dance group through the Performing Arts Series. We would be given 4 day hoppers that are discounted. We are already planning on purchasing DVC annual passes around the same time.
1. Can these tickets be upgraded to a DVC annual pass when we get there?
2. Since these are a discounted ticket, I wasn't sure if they were eligible for upgrade in that manner.
3. The other option would be for us to buy the AP beforehand and ask the group to discount our rates, but I worry that would be too much hassle for them. TIA!
1. Maybe. Some "convention" tickets can be upgraded. Some cannot.
2. It is the AMOUNT of the discount that can be the determining factor. The greater the discount, the less likely the ability to upgrade.
3. It's worth asking the group leader if that can be done.

Are conference tickets priced differently based on an agreement with each individual conference planner? I had found a site online that showed multi day ticket prices for conference attendees and thought it was a general page. Only today did I realize it was attached to a particular conference. The savings was great!

I can save $250 by purchasing them from Undercover tourist vs Disney. Here's my questions.

1) If I buy them from Undercover tourist and I cant go, do I lose all of my money/tickets.

2) Are the rules different for this when purchasing from Undercover tourist vs Disney?

This is the first time I'm purchasing tickets separately, and just curious about buying them in advance. I know I need to at some point for securing fast passes.I don't care about getting my money back, just want to be able to use the tickets at a different time, If for some reason we can't make it. I'm already going to eat the DVC rental if we don't go, just curious if i have to eat the cost of the tickets as well.

I can save $250 by purchasing them from Undercover tourist vs Disney. Here's my questions.

1) If I buy them from Undercover tourist and I cant go, do I lose all of my money/tickets.

2) Are the rules different for this when purchasing from Undercover tourist vs Disney?

This is the first time I'm purchasing tickets separately, and just curious about buying them in advance. I know I need to at some point for securing fast passes.I don't care about getting my money back, just want to be able to use the tickets at a different time, If for some reason we can't make it. I'm already going to eat the DVC rental if we don't go, just curious if i have to eat the cost of the tickets as well.
1) No.
2) Not in the case of "never used" tickets.
UT tickets are actual "Disney tickets," just being sold by UT.
If tickets are not used and they expire, never being used, their original value can be used toward the purchase of new current tickets at the time of your next trip.

Also, when Disney first makes a change in their ticket prices (as is the case right now,)
UT (and others) may offer the "old price" tickets for a period of time, due to having X number of those "old" tickets still in stock.

Last edited:
Are conference tickets priced differently based on an agreement with each individual conference planner? I had found a site online that showed multi day ticket prices for conference attendees and thought it was a general page. Only today did I realize it was attached to a particular conference. The savings was great!

There are general prices offered for conference/convention tickets.

OTOH, it is possible that a given convention could make some sort of special deal with Disney.

I'm planning to purchase tickets through UT for an upcoming trip. We drive to WDW and sometimes arrive a day earlier than planned. Since the start date of the tickets are date specific, is there a way to change the start date once we actually arrive? Thanks in advance for any info!
I would opt for tickets with the earlier start date, unless you're going to have a lot of resort days and need the full use window. I'm pretty sure the fine print says you can change the dates if you pay the higher cost, but I read that a while ago.

We bought a 4 day ticket from UT. They are physical tickets so they are returnable. Would it be better to return them and buy new tickets with PH from UT on the old pricing or to price bridge at the parks and add PH?

We bought a 4 day ticket from UT. They are physical tickets so they are returnable. Would it be better to return them and buy new tickets with PH from UT on the old pricing or to price bridge at the parks and add PH?

If you return hard tickets to UT, you will be charged (your refund reduced by) a 5% "restocking fee"
so consider that and figure that into the cost computations.

It is POSSIBLE that you can input your UT tickets to your MDX account and ADD the Park Hopper option right in the account,
but once you do add the tickets to MDX, you can't return them.
If you do that, you might be up-charged from the current base ticket price to the current Hopper ticket price (but you should be able to
keep the discount you paid for the original base tickets.)

The above in blue is my speculation, based on one or two reports that I've read,
but I AM NOT CERTAIN that is what will happen.

The new ticket handling via MDX is uncertain at this moment.
Just not enough reported info to know what to expect or if/when more changes will occur.

Contact UT directly and ask them about the "return base tickets and re-buy Hopper tickets" plan.

Last edited:
I would opt for tickets with the earlier start date, unless you're going to have a lot of resort days and need the full use window. I'm pretty sure the fine print says you can change the dates if you pay the higher cost, but I read that a while ago.

Thanks for this! I ended up purchasing them yesterday after calling both WDW and UT and both of them telling me that in the event we decide to arrive early, we can just go to guest relations and have them adjust the start date for us.

1) No.
2) Not in the case of "never used" tickets.
UT tickets are actual "Disney tickets," just being sold by UT.
If tickets are not used and they expire, never being used, their original value can be used toward the purchase of new current tickets at the time of your next trip.

Also, when Disney first make a change in their ticket prices (as is the case right now,)
UT (and others) may offer the "old price" tickets for a period of time, due to having X number of those "old" tickets still in stock.
Thanks for your help.

in the event we decide to arrive early, we can just go to guest relations and have them adjust the start date for us.

Be aware that depending on your dates, “adjusting the start date” may cost more. Or less - but if less, you will not receive a refund of the difference.

Enjoy your vacation!

Oh guru of all things Ticket Media related I have question that is a horse of a different colour for you! A few years ago there was a discount for CDN residents that gave us non-expiring tickets and several of my cohorts in the CDN forum redeemed some Airmiles for children's tickets and their kids have now aged into "adults" How will Disney handle the upgrading of these? We are all fully aware of how we lose our discount if we chose to upgrade them at all now (bump up to the current price of what we have before any upgrade is done eliminating any discount we originally received) but what about needing to switch from a child's ticket to an adult's? Will they still use the current prices?

Oh guru of all things Ticket Media related I have question that is a horse of a different colour for you! A few years ago there was a discount for CDN residents that gave us non-expiring tickets and several of my cohorts in the CDN forum redeemed some Airmiles for children's tickets and their kids have now aged into "adults" How will Disney handle the upgrading of these? We are all fully aware of how we lose our discount if we chose to upgrade them at all now (bump up to the current price of what we have before any upgrade is done eliminating any discount we originally received) but what about needing to switch from a child's ticket to an adult's? Will they still use the current prices?

If you are asking about PARTIALLY-USED non-expiring kids tickets...
upgrading the remaining assets to "adult," is done at no charge.

If you are asking about NEW, NEVER-USED kids tickets...
upgrading them to current "adult," is done, generally" at the difference between the "Disney price" at the time of purchase
and the current price for a similar ticket.

If you are asking about PARTIALLY-USED non-expiring kids tickets...
upgrading the remaining assets to "adult," is done at no charge.

If you are asking about NEW, NEVER-USED kids tickets...
upgrading them to current "adult," is done, generally" at the difference between the "Disney price" at the time of purchase
and the current price for a similar ticket.
Dang, you must sit at a computer more than I do! Your answers are always quick & detailed :worship:

This is what my fellow Canucks were afraid would happen to tickets they have locked away -- if you redeemed Airmiles for them it made them *free* so why not! Time to sell them to a friend and hope for another discount to crop up (highly doubtful with Star Wars invading!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!