Apologies if this has been asked up thread, but has there been any announcement of when Disney will allow ticket purchases for 2020? We're going with a big group in mid January 2020 and as the planner I try and give everyone a cost estimate as early as possible. Not knowing how much park tickets will cost is a pretty big unknown. At this point I'm just taking 2019 highest price and using that as my estimate as I'd rather revise down than up.
Should be between now and 3 months from now.
6 months in advance ADRs would be due in July.

Apologies if this has been asked up thread, but has there been any announcement of when Disney will allow ticket purchases for 2020? We're going with a big group in mid January 2020 and as the planner I try and give everyone a cost estimate as early as possible. Not knowing how much park tickets will cost is a pretty big unknown. At this point I'm just taking 2019 highest price and using that as my estimate as I'd rather revise down than up.

Not sure how official or correct this is, but when I searched the Mom’s Panel, it was mentioned that 2020 tickets would be on sale in June.

I have an upgrade question.....I bought a 10 day park hopper from UT, date specific. I want to upgrade the ticket to an annual pass. We fly non-rev and it doesn't look like the family member that I linked this ticket to is going to be able to make the flight. Can someone else in our party upgrade the ticket when they get onsite?

I have an upgrade question.....I bought a 10 day park hopper from UT, date specific. I want to upgrade the ticket to an annual pass. We fly non-rev and it doesn't look like the family member that I linked this ticket to is going to be able to make the flight. Can someone else in our party upgrade the ticket when they get onsite?

Yes.
(Before upgrading, iusing your MDX account, transfer the UT ticket in question to the "other person" who wants to activate that new AP.)

BTW...
It's not clear from your question (and it makes a huge difference...)
Will that "someone else" be the person who actually USES that AP for the rest of the year?

thanks for the quick reply...I bought the ticket for my daughter. my son will be able to make the trip but already has an ap which doesn't expire until August. I just want to know if he can upgrade the ticket on her behalf. the 10 is valid from today thru the 26th. does it have to be used today? are we sunk?

thanks for the quick reply...I bought the ticket for my daughter. my son will be able to make the trip but already has an ap which doesn't expire until August. I just want to know if he can upgrade the ticket on her behalf. the 10 is valid from today thru the 26th. does it have to be used today? are we sunk?
Ticket can be upgraded as late as the last day it is valid.
As long as the new AP is upgraded by a guest who is under 18 years old, it doesn’t matter about the legal ID.
Really, what you want to do is upgade to an AP certificate (sometimes called an AP “voucher.”)

That way you can have whomever you want activate the actual AP on a future trip.

Last edited:

I have a vacation booked under my email address. My husband purchased MNSSHP tickets under his email address which is not linked to my account. Is there any reason why I should try to link these accounts? I can make FP at 30 days for prior to the party, assuming they allow early entry as usual, in his account that we can use? (We won't be using regular park tickets on this day, just MNSSHP) When we are in the park, I can use our Magic bands linked to my account for dining/snack credits, purchases and capturing memory maker photos? But, I won't try to book additional FP on my magic bands once inside the park - -I know that this is not allowed, won't work, and will lock up my account. Also, I know these FP would only be for prior to the party, no FP once the party starts.

Thanks for your help.

1. I see no need to do so, or not do so. It simply doesn't matter.
But, I don't understand why you would not want to, it's a non-issue in this particular case.
If you DO temporarily link them, you could then simply transfer the tickets out of his, into YOUR account (if you both are listed in your account) and not worry about his account while at WDW.
2. Yes.
3. OK.
4. Yes.
5. OK.
6. Yup.

Thanks for your response.

The why I want to do this is:
Last year, I had 10 day tickets, and DAH on 2 additional days and I made FP on 12 days at my 60 day mark. About a month later, I started getting emails which threatened to delete the last 2 days of FP. I called at least 4 times and got 4 different answers. I finally deleted the FP on party days, re-assigned the tickets with alternate names as someone on this board suggested and booked FP at 30 days on the re-assigned tickets. But I guess I did something wrong because each party night the hard tickets didn't work and the magic bands didn't work for entry. I ended up at guest services undoing it and re-assigning the tickets back to our original names and it took about 30-45 minutes each time (between the line and trying to explain what I did and why and that I wanted my FP re-stored) So, I just like to avoid that headache again. I don't want to be stuck at guest services instead of hustling along to a character line.

I've read through and I'm just hoping to confirm that I understand my options correctly.

My family of 4 (one child ticket) is planning to make 2019-2020 the year of Disney hoping for 4 trips. We have never had APs and our first trip will be June 20th.

1. As I understand it, I could find the best savings on park tickets from Undercover Tourist, and roll that savings into the tickets during my trip. Therefore, if (4) 5 day hopper starting June 20th is ~ $300 less than Disney, and the Disney price on that ticket (before taxes) are $2,116.85, upgrading to APs $894 X 4 = 3576, I would essentially have to pay the difference + taxes during our trip ($1459.15 before taxes) and essentially realize an ~ $300 savings from the original ticket into the annual pass.

2. The *risk* of doing this is AP's could increase between now and June 20th, and if they increase by > $75 per pass, or $300 overall, it will be more expensive than buying the AP today.

3. I'm a bit confused on "when" I can upgrade. I've seen each of the following, Can only upgrade at guest relations after the first day is used; can upgrade with concierge at Disney hotel when we check in prior to first use; may be able to upgrade from home prior to trip. Any clarity on this point would be appreciated

4. As a side note, I think the "discount" shown on UT is wrong. For example, they say their 5 day hopper ticket (June 20th start) saves $99, however it is $489, while the same ticket on the same date through Disney is $534, or $568 after taxes. Am I missing something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've read through and I'm just hoping to confirm that I understand my options correctly.

My family of 4 (one child ticket) is planning to make 2019-2020 the year of Disney hoping for 4 trips. We have never had APs and our first trip will be June 20th.

1. As I understand it, I could find the best savings on park tickets from Undercover Tourist, and roll that savings into the tickets during my trip. Therefore, if (4) 5 day hopper starting June 20th is ~ $300 less than Disney, and the Disney price on that ticket (before taxes) are $2,116.85, upgrading to APs $894 X 4 = 3576, I would essentially have to pay the difference + taxes during our trip ($1459.15 before taxes) and essentially realize an ~ $300 savings from the original ticket into the annual pass.

2. The *risk* of doing this is AP's could increase between now and June 20th, and if they increase by > $75 per pass, or $300 overall, it will be more expensive than buying the AP today.

3. I'm a bit confused on "when" I can upgrade. I've seen each of the following, Can only upgrade at guest relations after the first day is used; can upgrade with concierge at Disney hotel when we check in prior to first use; may be able to upgrade from home prior to trip. Any clarity on this point would be appreciated

4. As a side note, I think the "discount" shown on UT is wrong. For example, they say their 5 day hopper ticket (June 20th start) saves $99, however it is $489, while the same ticket on the same date through Disney is $534, or $568 after taxes. Am I missing something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. No need to use a ticket before upgrading.
Maybe can upgrade at resort. Maybe not.
Unlikely (currently) that you can upgrade before your trip.
4. The posted UT “savings” includes the upcharge for buying at a WDW gate. Not a factor in upgrading pre-ordered tix.

On unused UT tickets that are valid through 12/31/19, is they any way to extend the date?

:earsboy: Bill

On unused UT tickets that are valid through 12/31/19, is they any way to extend the date?
Not directly.
If a never-used ticket is allowed to expire, the guest can use the original "Disney value" of that ticket as payment toward purchase of
a new "current" ticket when that guest goes back to WDW.

I'm planning to purchase tickets through UT for an upcoming trip. We drive to WDW and sometimes arrive a day earlier than planned. Since the start date of the tickets are date specific, is there a way to change the start date once we actually arrive? Thanks in advance for any info!

Not directly.
If a never-used ticket is allowed to expire, the guest can use the original "Disney value" of that ticket as payment toward purchase of
a new "current" ticket when that guest goes back to WDW.

What is the "Disney value"? What Disney sold the ticket to UT for or what Disney sold the ticket to the public?

BTW, thank you for your years of support and your willingness to share your knowledge. :thumbsup2

What is the "Disney value"? What Disney sold the ticket to UT for or what Disney sold the ticket to the public?

BTW, thank you for your years of support and your willingness to share your knowledge. :thumbsup2

Price that Disney sold the ticket to the public.

Thank you for the kind words, Bill!

Thank you!

To make sure I'm not confused, if I buy the passes directly and have a reservation at a resort already for June, I'll be able to link the pass to that reservation so I can book FP+ at 60 days, but it won't actually activate until the day of the trip, correct?

Thank you!

To make sure I'm not confused, if I buy the passes directly and have a reservation at a resort already for June, I'll be able to link the pass to that reservation so I can book FP+ at 60 days, but it won't actually activate until the day of the trip, correct?

APs cannot be activated unless the guest is actually at WDW.
There is no way to "accidentally" activate an AP from home.

Pre-purchased and, as yet, unactivated AP certificates put into an MDX account can book advance FPs.

I am sure that this has been asked before but after spending an hour or so searching the forums I seem to only have a mixed bag of an answer to this question. I have two partially used non expiring tickets from 2005. I have sent the email to ticket.usage to inquire about about is left on each although I'm 99% sure of the answer. Here is my actual question in regards to these tickets.

1. Is there any possibility that these can be linked to my husbands MDE account prior to the trip over the phone, since the rest of us have new tickets and want to book FP+ preferably with him too.
2. If they are unable to link them and I have to wait until we get there is there anyway they can duplicate our FP+ reservations to his account once they are linked. i am asking this because I feel like I have read about that happening in this forum.
3. Is there anything else I can ask them to do or anything else I should know before making this phone call.

Thanks.

I decided to just buy the AP's direct from Disney now, rather than take the savings of ~$300 from booking with UT and upgrading at time of visit, risking a price increase. The good news is, after linking the annual pass on MDE, I was able to actually rebook my resort with the 40% off annual passholder savings which saved ~ $400!

I decided to just buy the AP's direct from Disney now, rather than take the savings of ~$300 from booking with UT and upgrading at time of visit, risking a price increase. The good news is, after linking the annual pass on MDE, I was able to actually rebook my resort with the 40% off annual passholder savings which saved ~ $400!

Very nice!

Just to make things clear for anyone looking in...
You could have booked a room at the AP rate without buying the AP, yet.
You can call and ask for any AP rates at your trip time, and, if available, book an AP room,
and then still not need the actual AP until after you arrive at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter