Can completely unused tickets be upgraded to AP vouchers that I could activate at a later date? Or are the APs activated at the time of the upgrade?

Are UT date specific tickets (looks like the late December dates are still the pre-increase old price) bridged to the full gate price for those dates?

Thank you, Ticket rule Pros!

I can answer the first question. Yes, completely unused tickets can be upgraded to AP vouchers to be used at a later date. I just did this myself when I was at WDW last week. My tickets were pre date specific so I can’t answer that.

1. It won't help me to call again and play CM roulette since my ticket number has been flagged
(I tried a third time but that CM who also stopped me right away and said there was a note associated with the ticket number that it couldn' be upgraded to an AP over the phone -
2. this note probably because I had insisted on to talking to a supervisor the second time I called).
1. Don't let that stop you.
2. And, don't let that stop you, either.

If you want to call again, do so.

Hoping to buy 7 day e-ticket from UT. Does anyone know if we would be able to change our dates (should an emergency come up) once they are attached to our MDE account? Assuming we would be responsible for any price increases, etc.

Hoping to buy 7 day e-ticket from UT.
1. Does anyone know if we would be able to change our dates (should an emergency come up) once they are attached to our MDE account?
2. Assuming we would be responsible for any price increases, etc.
1. Yes.
2. Yes.

I have a vacation booked under my email address. My husband purchased MNSSHP tickets under his email address which is not linked to my account. Is there any reason why I should try to link these accounts? I can make FP at 30 days for prior to the party, assuming they allow early entry as usual, in his account that we can use? (We won't be using regular park tickets on this day, just MNSSHP) When we are in the park, I can use our Magic bands linked to my account for dining/snack credits, purchases and capturing memory maker photos? But, I won't try to book additional FP on my magic bands once inside the park - -I know that this is not allowed, won't work, and will lock up my account. Also, I know these FP would only be for prior to the party, no FP once the party starts.

Thanks for your help.

I have a vacation booked under my email address. My husband purchased MNSSHP tickets under his email address which is not linked to my account.
1. Is there any reason why I should try to link these accounts?
2. I can make FP at 30 days for prior to the party, assuming they allow early entry as usual, in his account that we can use?
3. (We won't be using regular park tickets on this day, just MNSSHP)
4. When we are in the park, I can use our Magic bands linked to my account for dining/snack credits, purchases and capturing memory maker photos?
5. But, I won't try to book additional FP on my magic bands once inside the park -
6. -I know that this is not allowed, won't work, and will lock up my account. Also, I know these FP would only be for prior to the party, no FP once the party starts.

1. I see no need to do so, or not do so. It simply doesn't matter.
But, I don't understand why you would not want to, it's a non-issue in this particular case.
If you DO temporarily link them, you could then simply transfer the tickets out of his, into YOUR account (if you both are listed in your account) and not worry about his account while at WDW.
2. Yes.
3. OK.
4. Yes.
5. OK.
6. Yup.

Last edited:

This is a cautionary tale about upgrading to an AP before going to WDW. Maybe no one else thought of doing this but I did and it didn't work out. Anyway, I had read on Mousesavers that it was now possible to upgrade multi day tickets over the website app or the phone with ticketing customer service. I wanted to upgrade a 6 day UT ticket to an AP and the language of the Mousesavers write up sounded like there was a good chance of it working (see below). First I tried on the website and then on the APP but couldn't so I called. The CM I first talked to seemed like he would do that upgrade with a UT ticket but he said he needed UT's address so I ended the call to look that up. When I called back, the CM (a different one) stopped me cold right away and would not do the upgrade and neither would a supervisor. I'll have to upgrade when I get there in July but I am afraid APs will have gone up a lot by then. Another screw up on my part :( It won't help me to call again and play CM roulette since my ticket number has been flagged (I tried a third time but that CM who also stopped me right away and said there was a note associated with the ticket number that it couldn' be upgraded to an AP over the phone - this note probably because I had insisted on to talking to a supervisor the second time I called).

Note that I know the below statement doesn't say it was a guarantee but it did make it sound very possible. Again this is a caution for those that were thinking of doing the same thing.

Mousesaver's quote on this:
  • Most upgrades of current tickets can now be done online, using the Disney World app or over the phone. This is new; for a long time you had to upgrade in person. But now once you’ve linked your ticket to MyDisneyExperience, you should be able to change it yourself, whether you’ve purchased it directly from Disney or from a third-party retailer like Undercover Tourist. Odd situations (upgrading older tickets, upgrading to specialty annual passes, etc.) still need to be done by a Cast Member, but they may be able to do it on the phone. Try to do your upgrade in MyDisneyExperience first, and if you can’t get it to work, call Disney World ticketing directly at (407) 566-4985, during normal daytime hours in Florida. Don’t just call the main Disney number – you’re likely to get a Cast Member that only knows how to do the most basic upgrades.
Have you called back on this? I also have 7 day hoppers from UCT that we want to upgrade to AP's and it would be easier to do it over the phone before we even get there!

Have you called back on this? I also have 7 day hoppers from UCT that we want to upgrade to AP's and it would be easier to do it over the phone before we even get there!

Of course, all things are subject to change at Disney, but my experience upgrading a UCT ticket to an AP prior to arrival even after the new ticketing system was a resounding no. I spoke to multiple CMs and even emailed GuestRelations. They were all very kind and I asked to speak to a supervisor. All said that because it was a third-party ticket, I had to wait until I was on site to do the upgrade.

Godspeed.

Of course, all things are subject to change at Disney, but my experience upgrading a UCT ticket to an AP prior to arrival even after the new ticketing system was a resounding no. I spoke to multiple CMs and even emailed GuestRelations. They were all very kind and I asked to speak to a supervisor. All said that because it was a third-party ticket, I had to wait until I was on site to do the upgrade.

Godspeed.
hoping there is not an AP increase before we get there April 11th!

No, I haven't tried calling again but I might later today.

If you want to try it what you may want to do is first is ask the CM if they will upgrade your undercover tourist tickets to APs before giving them any info. If they say yes, THEN give your ticket numbers and names. If they say they can't, say thank you and end the call and try later. Hopefully you will eventually get a CM that says they will try to do the upgrade. Also maybe have the UT address ready to give them. I wasn't sure if there was another address that UT uses other than the po box one they have on the website so I called them. The woman I talked to first said that I should not have to give Disney their address so maybe the CM I had first talked to had a work around to make the upgrade possible? Or maybe the upgrade wouldn't have gone threw despite his willingness to try. Just some speculation. The UT woman didn't give me another address to give Disney.

Sorry for all these questions.......

We are heading down to WDW in November, attached to my husband's conference trip. Is it "common" to get 1 day conference tickets during a conference? If so, are there all different kinds of conference tickets and different prices? Are conference tickets upgradable? Are conference tickets offered at a discount rate or are they free?

Is it also "common" to receive conference tickets for the whole family or is it usually just for the conference attendee?

I cannot decide on 3 day or 4 day tickets because of the slight possibility of getting one day "free" or discounted. Of course hubby won't ask any questions and says we won't know anything until September (too late for our FP booking window).

Can anyone confirm if I can take an UNUSED ticket from Undercover Tourist and apply towards the cost of my AP renewal? I have current APs and a few short stay tickets purchased that will expire at the end of the year. I'm not so concerned about bridging, etc. just want to get value from them before they expire

Just want to clarify something to make sure I don't have problems when it comes time to book FP.

I bought 2 Magic Your Way tickets from UT on 10/17/18, one day after the change to date based tickets. They had these left over at the old prices before they moved to the date based tickets. They are linked to MDE and there it states that they expire 12/31/19. Our trip is this November 2019. I just want to make sure these will still be good as I had seen some people posting about tickets from UT expiring after one year and unexpectedly not being able to make FP when the time came.

Can anyone confirm if I can take an UNUSED ticket from Undercover Tourist and apply towards the cost of my AP renewal? I have current APs and a few short stay tickets purchased that will expire at the end of the year. I'm not so concerned about bridging, etc. just want to get value from them before they expire

Yes, I have done this before.

Just want to clarify something to make sure I don't have problems when it comes time to book FP.

I bought 2 Magic Your Way tickets from UT on 10/17/18, one day after the change to date based tickets. They had these left over at the old prices before they moved to the date based tickets. They are linked to MDE and there it states that they expire 12/31/19. Our trip is this November 2019. I just want to make sure these will still be good as I had seen some people posting about tickets from UT expiring after one year and unexpectedly not being able to make FP when the time came.
Moved you to the Ticket Sticky.

They will not expire until 12/31/19.

Sorry for all these questions.......

We are heading down to WDW in November, attached to my husband's conference trip. Is it "common" to get 1 day conference tickets during a conference? If so, are there all different kinds of conference tickets and different prices? Are conference tickets upgradable? Are conference tickets offered at a discount rate or are they free?

Is it also "common" to receive conference tickets for the whole family or is it usually just for the conference attendee?

I cannot decide on 3 day or 4 day tickets because of the slight possibility of getting one day "free" or discounted. Of course hubby won't ask any questions and says we won't know anything until September (too late for our FP booking window).
There should be a link on his conference website to book hotel and tickets directly from Disney with the discounted prices. The park ticket prices should be considerable cheaper than any of the discount sites.

Apologies if this has been asked up thread, but has there been any announcement of when Disney will allow ticket purchases for 2020? We're going with a big group in mid January 2020 and as the planner I try and give everyone a cost estimate as early as possible. Not knowing how much park tickets will cost is a pretty big unknown. At this point I'm just taking 2019 highest price and using that as my estimate as I'd rather revise down than up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter