There are countless things to be considered regarding every aspect of WDW.
Tickets are simply one aspect, and one that is dictated by a guest’s overall plans and preferences.
Only you can decide which things are more important to you.
For us, we spend multiple days at all of the parks.

Sorry, meant outside of FP+ there is no other negative to holding the decision on the 4th day until later

Apologies if this has been addressed in the previous 316 pages. I couldn't find it. I purchased 4 day MYW tickets with 2 extra days from UT. If I decide to upgrade to parkhoppers, do I compare prices for 4 day tickets, or will I have to bridge as though they are 6 day tickets? Please save me the time on the phone with guest services!!

Apologies if this has been addressed in the previous 316 pages. I couldn't find it. I purchased 4 day MYW tickets with 2 extra days from UT. If I decide to upgrade to parkhoppers, do I compare prices for 4 day tickets, or will I have to bridge as though they are 6 day tickets? Please save me the time on the phone with guest services!!

What you bought IS simply a regular 6-day ticket.
(The "two days free" is just a clever way of marketing a 6-day ticket for the PRICE of a 4-day ticket.)

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks.

Why where you "afraid of" that?

If you are upgrading, that is GOOD news.
You only paid the cost of a 4-day ticket to buy it, but
you will get the price-value of a 6-day ticket in the upgrade transaction.

Searched but couldn't find the answer, and I just purchased a free dining package for August at POP Century including 4 day Park Hopper Plus tickets. On MDE under the tickets and memory maker tab it says tickets valid till the check out day of August 14th, but when I click on Hotel Reservation Details and Change Reservation, it shows the tickets are valid till Saturday the 17th. We are doing a split stay and staying at Boardwalk Villas until the 18th so I'm really hoping they are valid till the 17th. Does anyone know which is correct?

Please move if this isn't the right place to post:

My neighbor works for ESPN. I feel funny asking her right now b/c she just hooked me up with awesome basketball tickets, so does anyone know if ESPN employees can get discounted Disney tickets for friends/family? And on top of that, how about discounts on an AP?

Thanks!

Searched but couldn't find the answer, and I just purchased a free dining package for August at POP Century including 4 day Park Hopper Plus tickets. On MDE under the tickets and memory maker tab it says tickets valid till the check out day of August 14th, but when I click on Hotel Reservation Details and Change Reservation, it shows the tickets are valid till Saturday the 17th. We are doing a split stay and staying at Boardwalk Villas until the 18th so I'm really hoping they are valid till the 17th. Does anyone know which is correct?

Should be valid until the end of you WDW resort stay(s.)

According to the Disney terms, your tickets are good for length of stay or standard valid period based on the # of days you buy, whichever is LONGER. I ran into this same issue with a split stay we are doing in August, and my TA confirmed that in her system, it shows my tickets as valid for the entire length of time they should be based on the # of days we purchased (in our case, 10 days for 7 day PH tickets)

According to the Disney terms, your tickets are good for length of stay or standard valid period based on the # of days you buy, whichever is LONGER. I ran into this same issue with a split stay we are doing in August, and my TA confirmed that in her system, it shows my tickets as valid for the entire length of time they should be based on the # of days we purchased (in our case, 10 days for 7 day PH tickets)
Perfect thank you!

What is the easiest way to use a party ticket(Halloween or Christmas) instead of a 7 day park hopper? We will be arriving later in the day this year(September) on a Halloween party day. If we go in at 4:00 and scan our magic bands for the first time(all tickets including party tickets linked in MDE) will it use the party ticket or the 7 day park hopper?

What is the easiest way to use a party ticket(Halloween or Christmas) instead of a 7 day park hopper? We will be arriving later in the day this year(September) on a Halloween party day. If we go in at 4:00 and scan our magic bands for the first time(all tickets including party tickets linked in MDE) will it use the party ticket or the 7 day park hopper?
There are entry gates at MK set up specifically for "party entry."
Use one of those gates and (supposedly) only your party ticket will be accessed.

An "extra-safe" measure is to go to Guest Relations before you enter the party and have the party ticket
set to the highest "priority" in your MDE. Highest priority tickets are used first.

There are entry gates at MK set up specifically for "party entry."
Use one of those gates and (supposedly) only your party ticket will be accessed.

An "extra-safe" measure is to go to Guest Relations before you enter the party and have the party ticket
set to the highest "priority" in your MDE. Highest priority tickets are used first.
I guess I could also request a hard copy ticket for the party and use that instead of using my magic band for entry? Also, I cannot remember if mde shows you how many days you have left on your park hopper ticket?

1. I guess I could also request a hard copy ticket for the party and use that instead of using my magic band for entry?
2. Also, I cannot remember if mde shows you how many days you have left on your park hopper ticket?

1. If you order your party tickets via your MDX account, (or to the same name and email as your MDX account) there is virtually no tangible difference for park entry between using a plastic RFID ticket card or using a MagicBand.
Whether its the card or the MB, the system will still access the ticket
files in your MDX account.

2. Sometimes, but it is one of the aspects of MDX that is particularly unreliable.

You COULD go to Guest Relations and ask.

So if I go to guest relations outside the park, set party ticket to highest priority, then enter the park. I am guessing guest relations inside the park can check my magic band to make sure it did not use my park hopper tickets?

So if I go to guest relations outside the park, set party ticket to highest priority, then enter the park. I am guessing guest relations inside the park can check my magic band to make sure it did not use my park hopper tickets?

Bingo!

(BTW, I've not seen any "recent" reports of a party entry deducting a regular ticket.)

You would think that, but running the actual numbers with the new ticketing structure, it's much more pricey for me to upgrade 6 day hoppers than 4 day hoppers. I know I still saved in the beginning but the difference in upgrade costs is prohibitive.

You would think that, but running the actual numbers with the new ticketing structure, it's much more pricey for me to upgrade 6 day hoppers than 4 day hoppers. I know I still saved in the beginning but the difference in upgrade costs is prohibitive.

I think you misunderstood.

You bought 6 day hoppers, just got a promotional 4 day price on them
When the CM looks up the cost to upgrade, they are going to pull up the value of a 6 day parkhopper because that's what you have. They can't pull up what you paid for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!