A. Correct.
B. Correct.
C. I'll take your word for that.
D. If "C." is accurate, then that is correct.
E. If "C." is accurate, then that is correct.
F. If "C." is accurate, then that is correct.
Have fun!

Thanks Robo! You are truly the best!!

I have a 10 day canadian resident one Park per day ticket that I need to upgrade upon arrival in February. It's a very long story but the travel agent made a mistake and they were supposed to be hoppers. I have called to confirm with Disney and the cm I got on the phone that day said it would be no problem and that adding the park hopper would not be an issue. We did not talk about price. However I have read a lot of conflicting information on these boards and am looking for opinions on the following questions.

1. Will we be able to add the Park hopper to our ticket? Some people have posted that you cannot upgrade the Canadians resident tickets.
2. Using round figures we paid about $400 for these tickets, the 10 day Canadian resident park hopper is $470, a 10 day regular Park hopper is $570. The Canadian resident ticket offer will still be on when we go, will we be able to pay the $70 to add or will we have to pay the $170?

Thanks in advance, I don't mind about the difference in the money really I just want to make sure we will be ale to add them. The travel agent will be covering the cost when we get back.

I have a 10 day canadian resident one Park per day ticket that I need to upgrade upon arrival in February. It's a very long story but the travel agent made a mistake and they were supposed to be hoppers. I have called to confirm with Disney and the cm I got on the phone that day said it would be no problem and that adding the park hopper would not be an issue. We did not talk about price. However I have read a lot of conflicting information on these boards and am looking for opinions on the following questions.

1. Will we be able to add the Park hopper to our ticket? Some people have posted that you cannot upgrade the Canadians resident tickets.
2. Using round figures we paid about $400 for these tickets, the 10 day Canadian resident park hopper is $470, a 10 day regular Park hopper is $570. The Canadian resident ticket offer will still be on when we go, will we be able to pay the $70 to add or will we have to pay the $170?

The travel agent will be covering the cost when we get back.
1. Yes.
2. I don't know the answer to that one.

Our APS are expiring this month. My DD (12 years) and I are going to Universal for a long weekend in January and I think I may get us APs since we also have a trip to Orlando in March (with the rest of the famly) where we will spend at least 8 days at the parks, and also have to park at the parks some days as half the time we are off site. I figure the extra cost will be offset by the free parking and also discounts. The remainder of family will buy 8 day tickets for March.
I figure we can do one afternoon at epcot/dhs in January.
Just want to clarifiy-- if I buy the certificates now (want to make the FP+ at 30 days), but we end up not going to WDW (and therfore not activating the APs) , I can transfer the unused certificate for DD to my DH right? And If we use the APs in january it means that one of our APs is for a disney "adult" who does not carry ID -- what does she do if we want to use her card for any AP discount (if I am not around with my AP)?
I know. weird questions...

Our APS are expiring this month. My DD (12 years) and I are going to Universal for a long weekend in January and I think I may get us APs since we also have a trip to Orlando in March... I figure we can do one afternoon at epcot/dhs in January. Just want to clarifiy--
1. if I buy the certificates now (want to make the FP+ at 30 days), but we end up not going to WDW (and therfore not activating the APs) , I can transfer the unused certificate for DD to my DH right?
2. And If we use the APs in january it means that one of our APs is for a disney "adult" who does not carry ID -- what does she do if we want to use her card for any AP discount (if I am not around with my AP)?
3. I know. weird questions...
1. Right.
2. Don't worry about it. (A "school ID" is often possible to get, but again, I'd not worry about it.)
3. These are not even close to being weird questions. ;)

Last edited:
1. Right.
2. Don't worry about it. (A "school ID" is often possible to get, but again, I'd not worry about it.)
3. These are not even close to being weird questions. ;)

Thanks Robo!! I knew you would have the answers ( to my apparently not weird questions! :disrocks:)

Would it be cheaper to add a day to a 3 Day PH while in Disney than it would be to just buy a 4 Day PH before the trip? (Seems like it's cheaper to add a day while there but could be my imagination)...

Would it be cheaper to add a day to a 3 Day PH while in Disney than it would be to just buy a 4 Day PH before the trip? (Seems like it's cheaper to add a day while there but could be my imagination)...

It will be the same price.
(The cost to upgrade is determined by simply subtracting the cost of the 3-day from the cost of the 4-day. So, that means you'd be paying the same price.)

However, if you bought the 3-day from a discounter and THEN upgrade to a 4-day, you can "keep" the original discount when upgrading to the 4-day ticket.

But, it would just make sense to buy the 4-day ticket from the discounter from the beginning,
as it can be that THEN the cost of the 4-day MIGHT just be a bit cheaper than doing the upgrade.

Can anyone verify that I am understanding this correctly? I renewed annual passes over the phone because it was prior to the online renewal window (to be able to book our fastpasses). This means I now received vouchers. Since this was on the phone and not online, I do have to activate the renewal pass at guest services now. Correct?!

Today I bought 5-day Theme Park tickets with park hopper from UT for $468 per ticket. I may decide to upgrade them to annual passes in February. The UT agent told me that Disney would deduct the $468 from the price of the annual pass and charge me the difference. Is that correct? Or will I be charged the difference between the annual pass and the price that Disney charges for the ticket ($511)? I thought the latter, but I may have misunderstood.

Today I bought 5-day Theme Park tickets with park hopper from UT for $468 per ticket. I may decide to upgrade them to annual passes in February.
1. The UT agent told me that Disney would deduct the $468 from the price of the annual pass and charge me the difference. Is that correct?
2. Or will I be charged the difference between the annual pass and the price that Disney charges for the ticket ($511)?
1. Nope.
2. Correct. (Although, the $511 price I can’t directly verify, as a ticket can be priced differently based on your trip dates.)

Last edited:
Thank you for this thread! I have read through the first few posts and did not see an answer to my question so here goes....I am an AP holder and I am past my expiration date on my AP. I want to purchase a new AP for myself. I do NOT want to renew as my old expiration date does not work for all of the trips we have planned but I need to purchase my new AP so that I can make FP reservations for our first 2019 trip. Is it possible to buy new without renewing and save the start date of my AP for our first 2019 trip instead of the expiration date of my last AP? Do I have to wait until my 30 days post expiration date are done? I hope this makes sense! THANKS!

Thank you for this thread! I have read through the first few posts and did not see an answer to my question so here goes....I am an AP holder and I am past my expiration date on my AP. I want to purchase a new AP for myself. I do NOT want to renew as my old expiration date does not work for all of the trips we have planned but I need to purchase my new AP so that I can make FP reservations for our first 2019 trip.
1. Is it possible to buy new without renewing and save the start date of my AP for our first 2019 trip instead of the expiration date of my last AP?
2. Do I have to wait until my 30 days post expiration date are done?
1. Yes.
2. You don't need to, but it will be just fine (and a tiny bit simpler) to do it that way.
If you don't want to just wait it out, call WDW and order a new AP certificate.
An AP certificate will remain "new and unused" until you do go to WDW and activate
it to a new AP.
A certificate won't expire until the year 2030 (and some say even after that.)

Read through the upgrade post and would like to confirm our upgrade options to an annual pass....we are scheduled to visit May 4th-May 10th 2019 with 7 Day Park Hopper+ tickets. We are thinking of upgrading to Disney Platinum Plus Passes. Reading though the post, I could upgrade our tickets on May 3rd to annual passes at a ticket booth (Disney Springs) and activate it on May 4th when we go to the parks to start the clock. Is that correct? I want to avoid the hassle of upgrading while in the park. Also, I assume the upgrade will have zero impact on already scheduled FastPasses. Lastly, how do you "activate" your pass? Is it linked automatically to your magicbands? Thank you for any info you can provide.

I have a question, I hope it's not a repeat. Our family has purchased a package (special) for our next trip (8 day Park Hoppers). We wanted to calculate the $ to upgrade to APs having been Annual Passholders previously and loved getting to go multiple times during the year. But we purchased thru the world's best Disney agent, so Disney won't talk to us about the cost of the ticket portion of the package. And our agent can't see a break down either. Is there anyway to figure this out? I know that I could physically go down a day early and try to sort it out at Guest Services, but really wanted to start our vacay as soon as we get there.

Read through the upgrade post and would like to confirm our upgrade options to an annual pass....we are scheduled to visit May 4th-May 10th 2019 with 7 Day Park Hopper+ tickets. We are thinking of upgrading to Disney Platinum Plus Passes. Reading though the post,

1. I could upgrade our tickets on May 3rd to annual passes at a ticket booth (Disney Springs) and activate it on May 4th when we go to the parks to start the clock. Is that correct? I want to avoid the hassle of upgrading while in the park. Also,
2. I assume the upgrade will have zero impact on already scheduled FastPasses.
3. Lastly, how do you "activate" your pass? Is it linked automatically to your magicbands? Thank you for any info you can provide.
1. Correct.
2. Correct.
3. Yes.

Can anyone verify that I am understanding this correctly? I renewed annual passes over the phone because it was prior to the online renewal window (to be able to book our fastpasses). This means I now received vouchers. Since this was on the phone and not online, I do have to activate the renewal pass at guest services now. Correct?!

I have a question, I hope it's not a repeat. Our family has purchased a package (special) for our next trip (8 day Park Hoppers). We wanted to calculate the $ to upgrade to APs having been Annual Passholders previously and loved getting to go multiple times during the year. But we purchased thru the world's best Disney agent, so Disney won't talk to us about the cost of the ticket portion of the package. And our agent can't see a break down either. Is there anyway to figure this out? I know that I could physically go down a day early and try to sort it out at Guest Services, but really wanted to start our vacay as soon as we get there.

The value of your tickets, even ones purchases as part of a package, are the same as if you were to just purchase the same tickets as stand alone items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!