You might be charged the difference between what you paid for the Gold AP under the previous pricing and the Platinum AP at today's pricing.

There is no prorating of AP pricing, so you'd still pay full price, even if you only had a few months left in your AP year.

But, considering that you will be upgrading "last year's AP," it can't hurt to "ask nicely" for the least expensive upgrade price (as in, "last year's" Platinum AP price to upgrade.)

yeah, I wasn't expecting a prorate - but was hoping maybe for the least expensive upgrade thing..will have to ask when I go!
thank you so much for your help!

If it is still allowed, and I have not yet seen that it IS still allowed
(at least not farther than TWO days before the check-in date...
which WOULD work out in your case...)
Just take a photo ID and your MagicBand with you (your check-in confirmation number can help)
to any Guest Relations on WDW property and ask.

(I hope that they have not completely curtailed the early ticket activation.
It USED to be up to 10 days before check-in, but I have only seen
one posting that says they will now only allow that up to 2 days before check-in.)

AND (there are SO MANY new rules to consider)
If you are allowed to activate your package tickets 2 days earlier than check-in...
THAT will alter the start-date (obviously) of your tickets, and THAT can affect the COST
of your tickets... due to the "date-specific" ticket prices.

Thank you. I am trying to decide whether or not to book a candlelight processional dinner package, but I guess I better hold off.

"*Only a ticket’s owner may assign it to another Guest. Tickets that are expired, partially used or were purchased in a package cannot be reassigned."

That statement is at the bottom of ticket information on MDE. If you do not use a ticket that is part of a package (I have an AP) will the unused package ticket become transferrable AFTER the package date has passed?

Plan on upgrading my 8 day park hopper tickets to Annual Pass (tickets purchased with "Free" Dining Bounce Back package). Do I need to enter a park before I do the upgrade? Plan was to check into resort and head to Disney Springs before heading to a park later that night.

I know that I can buy a discounted ticket and apply the full gate price to an AP renewal without using the ticket to enter a park. I have done this in person before. Am I able to do this over the phone?

I know that I can buy a discounted ticket and apply the full gate price to an AP renewal without using the ticket to enter a park. I have done this in person before. Am I able to do this over the phone?

Not yet (at least.)

Plan on upgrading my 8 day park hopper tickets to Annual Pass (tickets purchased with "Free" Dining Bounce Back package).
1. Do I need to enter a park before I do the upgrade?
2. Plan was to check into resort and head to Disney Springs before heading to a park later that night.
1. Nope.
2. That'll work.

If you do not use a ticket that is part of a package (I have an AP) will the unused package ticket become transferrable AFTER the package date has passed?
Anytime after arrival, on or after the check-in date.

Do we know that, for sure?
For greater than TWO days early?
Regarding early activation for TWO DAYS early for the “old” MYW tickets:
Just got back today from our Thanksgiving trip. The short answer is that yes! If you booked tickets prior to the October 16th change to specific date tickets they can be activated early. If you purchase "variable" date tickets after October 16th as part of a package they can also be activated early - I guess these are tickets that could be used anytime and not date specific. You really need to go to guest services to do this.

@DisFox has also confirmed the CM stated a 10-day early activation for MYW Package tickets.

TA is reporting “early activation” of package tickets is NOT in the TA training manuals.

OK, here's my situation. Not exactly sure how it will be handled due to old tickets/new tickets. I have an adult 7-day base ticket that I am going to purchase via Airmiles. This ticket is from Feb-Oct 2018. I'm going to need to add at least 1 day to this ticket, plus park hopper. I'm figuring I need to price bridge to a 7-day from that time, which would make the price of the ticket $441.98. Now, what happens when I have them add a day + park hopper? We plan on using this ticket starting Dec. 27. Will the new pricing structure come into play, or do they add based on the original date of the ticket? Any help would be appreciated.

@bgula - you will need to “upgrade” to new tickets. An new 8-day hopper starting 12/27 is $593.94 (including tax), good through 1/7/19. The difference will be your upgrade cost.

Enjoy your vacation!

TA is reporting “early activation” of package tickets is NOT in the TA training manuals.
Sounds like if there is ANY chance that you would want to arrive early, a “package” is a poor choice for tickets!

Sounds like if there is ANY chance that you would want to arrive early, a “package” is a poor choice for tickets!
Correct - it’s looking like only “flexible” Theme Park Tickets in a package can be activated early. Adding the “flexible” option to package tickets seems odd and costly.

I'm mad as hell. This turned out to be too good to be true. Just got the tickets. They're the old 4 day tickets. The confirmation printouts with the tickets are from 10/1 and 10/2. So instead of saving $90+ per ticket by bridging now it's only $20. They don't accept returns. Nowhere do they identify the tickets on the website as the old pricing. From the website:

I guess I'm screwed now. There were so many better options to upgrade. Stay away from Visit Orlando, they're selling the old tickets.
Thanks for the warning!

@bgula - you will need to “upgrade” to new tickets. An new 8-day hopper starting 12/27 is $593.94 (including tax), good through 1/7/19. The difference will be your upgrade cost.

Enjoy your vacation!

I should be able to price bridge first though, correct?

I should be able to price bridge first though, correct?

I have an adult 7-day base ticket that I am going to purchase via Airmiles. This ticket is from Feb-Oct 2018.

That 7-day base ticket from Feb-Oct 2018 (bought from a discounter) will be worth $441.98 w/tax.
That number INCLUDES the process of "price bridging."

Subtract that amount from the current cost of the ticket that you WANT (the upgraded ticket) and that will be your final upgrade cost.

Regarding early activation for TWO DAYS early for the “old” MYW tickets:

@DisFox has also confirmed the CM stated a 10-day early activation for MYW Package tickets.

Am I the only one confused by this?
If you booked tickets prior to the October 16th change to specific date tickets they can be activated early. If you purchase "variable" date tickets after October 16th as part of a package they can also be activated early
What then, is the difference between the tickets pre date specific and post date specific?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter