553 if I remember correctly
So, it looks like you were given the Disney pre-arrival price from October 15th. You still retained your UT discount. So, it’s being bridged like it has normally been done. People need to know what the price of their ticket with tax was valued at before ticket bridging so you can be sure your getting the right price.

So 6 day hopper pre Oct 16 was I think $511.20 And I want to upgrade to DVC AP. So I pay difference between. new price for DVC gold is 648.59. Now I just have to find someone who has done this.

That's strange - shouldn't it be the gate price?

Don't worry about the difference between the "pre-arrival price" and the "gate price."

The gate price extra charge for the upgraded ticket will be "nulled out" in the upgrade transaction.

1. So 6 day hopper pre Oct 16 was I think $511.20 And I want to upgrade to DVC AP.
2. So I pay difference between. new price for DVC gold is 648.59.
3. Now I just have to find someone who has done this.

1. Correct, $511.20 w/tax.
2. Yes.
3. I don't understand.
Do you mean find a CM at WDW who has done the upgrade correctly?

Don't worry about the difference between the "pre-arrival price" and the "gate price."

The gate price extra charge for the upgraded ticket will be "nulled out" in the upgrade transaction.
Yes I was definitely given value for prearrival price prior to October 16 pricing change.

1. Correct, $511.20 w/tax.
2. Yes.
3. I don't understand.
Do you mean find a CM at WDW who has done the upgrade correctly?
3 no just meant did I figure right and find someone who had upgraded after Oct 16 to confirm so I know that’s what I need to pay to upgrade. I can go to Epcot IG Guest Service and can do that . If price wrong I can say no and try again , but my math is right 648.59 - $511.20= $137.39. Thank you.

Hello,
Just bought our APs through the app for our December trip. I know they aren’t activated until the first day we use them. However, do we need to do something special on the first day we plan to visit the parks, or do we just get in line with everyone else and scan our MagicBands?
Seems like in the past when we had APs we had to actually go up to the window that sells tickets and do something. Not sure if it has changed now that you can buy APs right through the App.

I don’t want to get in the wrong line or hold up anyone else trying to enter the park so I want to do it right!
Thanks.

Hello,
Just bought our APs through the app for our December trip.
1. I know they aren’t activated until the first day we use them. However, do we need to do something special on the first day we plan to visit the parks, or do we just get in line with everyone else and scan our MagicBands?

2. Seems like in the past when we had APs we had to actually go up to the window that sells tickets and do something.

3. Not sure if it has changed now that you can buy APs right through the App.

I don’t want to get in the wrong line or hold up anyone else trying to enter the park so I want to do it right!
Thanks.
1. Correct, EXCEPT...

2. As in the past... you cannot go directly to a park gate and use the new APs.
Each adult must FIRST go to any ticket booth, or Guest Relations, or Will Call window and show a legal photo ID to
get the AP certificates "registered" to your ID.

3. The need to "register" as not changed. What HAS changed is that the "registering"
NOW does not "activate" the AP. NOW, the AP does not start "counting down" until the guest finally uses that AP to enter a park gate.

Last edited:

Can you clarify this please? I took pre-arrival price to mean advance purchase price, which is $20 less than gate price. If they give you pre-arrival value, then the difference between that and the cost of the upgraded ticket or AP will be $20 more than if they gave you gate price, correct?

Can you clarify this please? I took pre-arrival price to mean advance purchase price, which is $20 less than gate price. If they give you pre-arrival value, then the difference between that and the cost of the upgraded ticket or AP will be $20 more than if they gave you gate price, correct?

No.
There will be no "extra $20" gate price charged in the upgrade cost.
Upgrades are treated (in the pricing) as though they were "pre-ordered."

The "gate charge" (if any) will get nulled out in the upgrade calculations.

To calculate upgrade costs use only the "pre-purchased ticket price" lists
found on the various lists.

Last edited:
1. Correct, EXCEPT...

2. As in the past... you cannot go directly to a park gate and use the new APs.
Each adult must FIRST go to any ticket booth, or Guest Relations, or Will Call window and show a legal photo ID to
get the AP certificates "registered" to your ID.

3. The need to "register" as not changed. What HAS changed is that the "registering"
NOW does not "activate" the AP. NOW, the AP does not start "counting down" until the guest finally uses that AP to enter a park gate.

Thank you! That is helpful. Also, last time we got APs (which were purchased inside of MK) they gave us plastic cards that we used at restaurants, stores etc.. to get discounts. How do we get those now? Are they being mailed to us?
Thanks!

Thank you! That is helpful. Also, last time we got APs (which were purchased inside of MK) they gave us plastic cards that we used at restaurants, stores etc.. to get discounts. How do we get those now? Are they being mailed to us?
Thanks!

You will have to stop and pick them up at a GS (or I believe a ticket booth also issue them). They do not mail them out anymore.

Thanks!

When you activate your APs they will give you an orange plastic card that is your AP ticket (that you can use in place of a MB for park admission and FPs) and discount card all in one. You are supposed to show that card and photo ID when you get discounts or enter park parking lots etc.

When you activate your APs they will give you an orange plastic card that is your AP ticket (that you can use in place of a MB for park admission and FPs) and discount card all in one. You are supposed to show that card and photo ID when you get discounts or enter park parking lots etc.

Correct.
The "AP card" is SUPPOSED to be given to the guest when the AP is "registered" at the Guest Relations/Ticket booth/Will Call window.
However, sometimes the CM will forget to give the guest the AP card.
Be sure that when you register your new AP that you ASK for that card before leaving the location.

No.
There will be no "extra $20" gate price charged in the upgrade cost.
Upgrades are treated (in the pricing) as though they were "pre-ordered."

The "gate charge" (if any) will get nulled out in the upgrade calculations.

To calculate upgrade costs use only the "pre-purchased ticket price" lists
found on the various lists.
I haven't done it, but it seems like you'd come out $20 "ahead" if you upgraded your pre-purchased ticket to a gate value ticket(without having to pay the $20, since it's "nulled"). Then upgrade that gate value ticket to an AP.

I haven't done it, but it seems like you'd come out $20 "ahead" if you upgraded your pre-purchased ticket to a gate value ticket(without having to pay the $20, since it's "nulled"). Then upgrade that gate value ticket to an AP.

I'm having trouble clearly wording my explanation.

There are many explanations of ticket upgrading and price-bridging that include the phrase "gate price," (over the years, that would include some of mine.)

But, the prices now called "gate price" are different (within the past few years) than they have been for many previous years.
If you are upgrading a pre-purchased ticket it will be a good plan to simply not use the "gate price" as a number in figuring upgrading pre-purchased tickets.

There is no "extra" $20 that is figured into or used in the calculation of the upgrade cost.
The "gate price" is not used in the upgrade transaction.
The "pre-purchase price" is the figure used in the upgrade transaction for both the original ticket value (or the "bridged value") and the upgraded ticket cost.

If a guest was looking at the cost of the upgraded ticket based on the price that is POSTED AT THE GATE for a ticket
(if that listed price included the $20 extra due to it being sold "at the gate,")
THAT $20 would be "nulled out" by the CM doing the upgrade.

The "$20 gate up charge" is not paid by (nor given to) the guest who is upgrading a ticket.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter