I currently have a AP that expires END of NOV. but I plan to get a new AP for our trip this DEC.

Will I be able to make FP for DEC. in OCT. under the current AP, or will I have to buy the second one prior to OCT. FP time to cover FP's for the DEC. trip?

Hope I'm not tooo confusing.

I currently have a AP that expires END of NOV. but I plan to get a new AP for our trip this DEC.

1. Will I be able to make FP for DEC. in OCT. under the current AP,
2. or will I have to buy the second one prior to OCT. FP time to cover FP's for the DEC. trip?

Hope I'm not tooo confusing.
1. Nope.
2. Yes.
You’ll want to RENEW your current AP up to 60 days before your
current APs expiration date. Then, your FP booking will be fine.

Last edited:
We booked a stay through David's for 11/25-11/30. They didn't have any other availability for 11/30-12/1, so I booked through Disneyworld.com and bought 5 day park tickets with that reservation. Both reservations are in MDE. Will I be able to book FP+ for 11/25 60 days out?

We booked a stay through David's for 11/25-11/30. They didn't have any other availability for 11/30-12/1, so I booked through Disneyworld.com and bought 5 day park tickets with that reservation. Both reservations are in MDE.

Will I be able to book FP+ for 11/25 60 days out?

Nope.

If by "David's," you mean a DVC points broker...

What you should do is call back and cancel the TICKETS that go with your WDW resort,
and just book "room-only." (You don't save any money by booking tickets along with a room, anyway.)
Then, purchase tickets (from Disney... or BETTER, from a ticket discounter,) and put those new tickets into your MDX account. Then, you can book advance FP starting from 60 days in advance.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been answered - but we are at EPCOT on the last/second day of my moms two day ticket. Do we need to get to GR before park close to add a day or can we go after Illiminations?

I received 4 complementary park tickets from guest services. Some questions as everything I google turns up employee tickets

1) there is no way to upgrade these for a longer duration or add park hopper?

2) can these be used in any combination of people days? 4 people for 1 day, or 4 days for a single person?

3) Staying at a Disney resort, still magic hours compatible?

4) same fast pass rules as regular tickets?

I received 4 complementary park tickets from guest services. Some questions as everything I google turns up employee tickets

1) there is no way to upgrade these for a longer duration or add park hopper?

2) can these be used in any combination of people days? 4 people for 1 day, or 4 days for a single person?

3) Staying at a Disney resort, still magic hours compatible?

4) same fast pass rules as regular tickets?
1) No.
2) Yes.
3) Yes.
4) Yes.
They are (basically) “regular” tickets EXCEPT that they are “complimentary” and so have no “price” to start with, and that’s why they have no “monetary value” from which to start “upgrading.”

I am back with another question....

I am staying at POR Sept 29-Oct 1 hotel only. Then POP Oct 1-6 (hotel plus 6 day MYW + 1 fun travel agency/convention tickets). I want to use 1 day of the tickets on Sept 30.
1. Can I activate these at the hotel (POR)?
2. If not, can I activate at Disney Springs on September 29?
3. If not can I activate them before 8 am EMH at DHS I’m Sept 30.

Hope to be near front of rope drop crowd but worried about how much trouble activating these tickets will be.

I am back with another question....

I am staying at POR Sept 29-Oct 1 hotel only. Then POP Oct 1-6 (hotel plus 6 day MYW + 1 fun travel agency/convention tickets). I want to use 1 day of the tickets on Sept 30.
1. Can I activate these at the hotel (POR)?
2. If not, can I activate at Disney Springs on September 29?
3. If not can I activate them before 8 am EMH at DHS I’m Sept 30.

Hope to be near front of rope drop crowd but worried about how much trouble activating these tickets will be.

You don't need to "activate" regular (non-AP) tickets at all.
Add them to your MDX account so you can make advance-booked FP+.
Then, you can use your MagicBands to enter the parks.

You don't need to "activate" regular (non-AP) tickets at all.
Add them to your MDX account so you can make advance-booked FP+.
Then, you can use your MagicBands to enter the parks.
These tickets were purchased with the room. I can only make fast passes for after check in to the 2nd stay. That made me think they needed to be activated.

These tickets were purchased with the room. I can only make fast passes for after check in to the 2nd stay. That made me think they needed to be activated.

In that case, you DO need to go to any Guest Relations and have the tickets "activated"
early.

can I activate at Disney Springs on September 29?
Yes. The Guest Relations at DS is called the "Welcome Center."

This brings up the question of why you booked a package for the later dates and not for the earlier dates.

Have fun.

Last edited:
This may have been asked but not finding it with search..... If I purchased a 4 day hopper with extra day from a ticket vendor (not directly from Disney) and decided to upgrade to an Annual Pass on an upcoming trip then what amount should be credited for the original ticket? The cost of a 4 or 5 day hopper.... also, would the start day for the Annual Pass be the first day we used the original ticket or the day of upgrade?

This may have been asked but not finding it with search..... If I purchased a 4 day hopper with extra day from a ticket vendor (not directly from Disney) and decided to upgrade to an Annual Pass on an upcoming trip then what amount should be credited for the original ticket?
1. The cost of a 4 or 5 day hopper.... also,
2. would the start day for the Annual Pass be the first day we used the original ticket or the day of upgrade?

1. That kind of ticket is a standard 5-day ticket.
(The "one day free" is just advertising puffery.)
2. First use of the original ticket.

We had 1 leftover 3 day park hopper from our Free DDP visit last November. DD has an AP & didn't use her ticket. She just reassigned the unused ticket to me (excuse to visit!!!) but it is showing an expiration date of 1/15/19? I though unused tickets didn't expire? Do I have to plan a trip soon???

We had 1 leftover 3 day park hopper from our Free DDP visit last November. DD has an AP & didn't use her ticket. She just reassigned the unused ticket to me (excuse to visit!!!) but it is showing an expiration date of 1/15/19? I though unused tickets didn't expire? Do I have to plan a trip soon???

Tickets issued within the past few years DO have expiration dates.

If you don't begin using a ticket before it's expiration date, you can't use it for admission, but you can receive its original purchase value toward the purchase of a NEW ticket
at such time as you are ready to buy one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter