Question which im sure has been answered but couldn't find it in the thread....

Is there a place on wdw.com that you see what AP Room Rates without having an AP yet. Trying to decide if its worth it to upgrade.
As far as I know there isn't a place on the WDW website to see the passholder discounts unless you are a passholder and signed into your account. But there are always people with AP's on the Disboards who are willing to look up dates for people. They usually post their requests in the resort forum, discount subforum.

https://www.disboards.com/forums/disney-discount-codes-and-rates.93/

I tired to see if my question was answered somewhere and it probably is but I couldn't find it so excuse me for repetitiveness.

I have a split stay coming up in October. I will be at Disney World Oct 8th through Oct 11th and then going on a cruise and then coming back to the world Oct 14th to Oct 20th. I bought a 7 day park hopper from UT. Our plan is to go into the park Oct 9th and 10th. Then when we return we will be going Oct 14 - Oct 15. Oct 16 we have party tickets. Then go Oct 17th through Oct 19th to the parks. If we would like to upgrade to 8 day park hopper or add water park is this possible? Is it possible to do it ahead of time to get FP+ for 8 days? Will I run into any problems doing my FP+ with such a big gap in using the 7 days? Thank you in advance

Forgot to mention that my tickets from UT were 6 day tickets with a free upgrade to 7 day tickets so do I get the value of 6 day or 7 day when trying to upgrade?

Last edited:
I tired to see if my question was answered somewhere and it probably is but I couldn't find it so excuse me for repetitiveness.

I have a split stay coming up in October. I will be at Disney World Oct 8th through Oct 11th and then going on a cruise and then coming back to the world Oct 14th to Oct 20th. I bought a 7 day park hopper from UT. Our plan is to go into the park Oct 9th and 10th. Then when we return we will be going Oct 14 - Oct 15. Oct 16 we have party tickets. Then go Oct 17th through Oct 19th to the parks.

1. If we would like to upgrade to 8 day park hopper
2. or add water park is this possible?
3. Is it possible to do it ahead of time to get FP+ for 8 days? Will I run into any problems doing my FP+ with such a big gap in using the 7 days? Thank you in advance

Forgot to mention that my tickets from UT were 6 day tickets with a free upgrade to 7 day tickets so
4. do I get the value of 6 day or 7 day when trying to upgrade?
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. If you had bought the tickets as part of your WDW resort package, you could have easily upgraded in advance by giving Disney booking a call.
But, it is currently UNCLEAR as to whether you can upgrade your UT in advance of your arrival.
As things look RIGHT NOW, you can't upgrade the UT tickets until after you arrive at WDW.
That MIGHT (or might not) change in the near future. Stay tuned.
Regardless, if you cannot upgrade until you are at WDW, just don't book FP+ on the day
that has the "easiest-to-get" FP+. (That park may or may not be the park you visit on your last day at WDW.)
THEN, the minute that you do the upgrade, book FP+ for that remaining day.
4. In spite of what UT said in their advertising, there is no such ticket as a "6-day ticket with a free 7th day upgrade."
What you bought from UT is just a normal, standard 7-day WDW ticket, and will be treated as such
in the upgrade transition.

Last edited:

If I buy a single day for a friend and they decide not to come can I apply it towards my AP renewal?

I purchased tickets through UT which were 4 day MYW with 2 extra days. If I wanted to can those be upgraded to AP and would that have to be done when I arrive on property? (Traveling 8/22)

I purchased tickets through UT which were 4 day MYW with 2 extra days. If I wanted to can those be upgraded to AP and would that have to be done when I arrive on property? (Traveling 8/22)
It is currently UNCLEAR as to whether you can upgrade your UT in advance of your arrival.
As things look RIGHT NOW, you can't upgrade the UT tickets until after you arrive at WDW.
That MIGHT (or might not) change in the near future. Stay tuned.

According to the phone CM's you can do it on the APP. I wasn't able to do it. The CM's I talked seemed like they weren't very educated on the new APP, and I was speaking to cm's that work in tech support. Give it try maybe you'll have better luck.

After a few searches I'm unable to find my answer regarding our tickets so I thought I would ask in case I was using the wrong search terms.

We were fortunate enough to have a Disney World Cast Member give us 4 Complimentary tickets. I am trying to see if there are any black out dates. We will be in Florida for the entire week of Thanksgiving and we were going to go on the Monday of Thanksgiving week. I know it's not ideal in terms of crowds but it's the best we could do. All the ticket says is, "This eTicket is valid for one (1) day of admission during regular operating hours to the theme parks at one (1) of the following sites now through: Dec 14, 2018." At the bottom it says, "1 DAY PH CAST DISTRIBUTION COMP." and "This eTicket is not valid for admission at Tokyo Disney Resort in Japan.This eTicket is not valid for admission to any Water Parks."

My husband and I took our 2 kids to WDW about 3 years ago and we had magic bands and used the app. These complimentary tickets came in an email for printing or for use on a mobile device. Can I still link them to the app? Can we make FP reservations? Do we need to go anywhere different to exchange these paper tickets before we go through the turnstiles? We didn't have park hoppers the last time so we are definitely excited.

Yes, I have the same passes. You are supposed to be able to link them in My Disney Experience, but I ran into trouble and Guest Relations did it for me. As far as I know, they work just like a purchased pass so you should be able to make FP reservations.

In addition to what Robo said about adding days to UT tickets - you cannot do it from home, you have to do it at the parks or resorts. I know because I just tried to do it in June - bought 6 day tickets - not a part of a package and added a few extra days to my trip - tried to upgrade so that I could do fast passes for the last days and after talking to Disney ticket people (not the reservation people) if the tickets were bought thru Disney you can but if bought thru a 3rd party like UT you can’t

Just planned a trip for December and to get all days that I wanted I will be switching resorts mud trip - with the 1st resort I bought a package (tickets for the entire stay). My question is - I also have on my Disney experience a couple of days left from a 10 day non-expiring ticket. Do I need to make sure that my tickets are prioritized because I am changing resorts during my stay? Or will the tickets continue to come off my stay at the first resort and not touch the non-expiring tickets when I move to the 2nd resort?

In addition to what Robo said about adding days to UT tickets - you cannot do it from home, you have to do it at the parks or resorts. I know because I just tried to do it in June - bought 6 day tickets - not a part of a package and added a few extra days to my trip - tried to upgrade so that I could do fast passes for the last days and after talking to Disney ticket people (not the reservation people) if the tickets were bought thru Disney you can but if bought thru a 3rd party like UT you can’t
However, and the reason for this most current discussion is that
Disney appears to be setting up a situation/software where guests (themselves) can upgrade their own tickets on MDX.
And UT (likely all authorized reseller) tickets are included in that guest-controlled ticket upgrading process.
As to when that might become fully functional (and if the timing at which -before and/or during the trip- the ticket can be upgraded) is still unknown.

Last edited:
Just planned a trip for December and to get all days that I wanted I will be switching resorts mud trip - with the 1st resort I bought a package (tickets for the entire stay). My question is - I also have on my Disney experience a couple of days left from a 10 day non-expiring ticket.
1. Do I need to make sure that my tickets are prioritized
2. because I am changing resorts during my stay? Or will the tickets continue to come off my stay at the first resort and not touch the non-expiring tickets when I move to the 2nd resort?

1. You DO need to have your tickets' priority set by Guest Relations BEFORE you enter ANY park, even during the first resort stay.

2. Resort stays and/or changing resorts (or not) has no affect on which tickets will or won't be used at the park gates if you have more than one valid ticket in your MDX account.

Just planned a trip for December and to get all days that I wanted I will be switching resorts mud trip - with the 1st resort I bought a package (tickets for the entire stay). My question is - I also have on my Disney experience a couple of days left from a 10 day non-expiring ticket. Do I need to make sure that my tickets are prioritized because I am changing resorts during my stay? Or will the tickets continue to come off my stay at the first resort and not touch the non-expiring tickets when I move to the 2nd resort?
Personally...I would add the extra days to your package tickets and save the no expiration tickets for a possible short trip some day. Something to think about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter