If I renewed my AP online, do I need to do anything except take my magicband and head into the park? I have misplaced my AP card, where can I get a replacement?

If I renewed my AP online,
1. do I need to do anything except take my magicband and head into the park?
2. I have misplaced my AP card, where can I get a replacement?

1. You should be ready to go.
2. You can get a new one with the correct date on it.
Just stop by any ticket booth or Guest Relations at the theme parks, or water parks, or the Welcome Center in Disney Springs.

Last edited:
Do Disney World AP’s expire exactly one year later? Trying to decide if we can get back in 2019 before they expire? Need to find out before upgrading our 9-Day Park Hoppers during our May trip. :thumbsup2

Thank you!!
Carla

Do Disney World AP’s expire exactly one year later? Trying to decide if we can get back in 2019 before they expire? Need to find out before upgrading our 9-Day Park Hoppers during our May trip. :thumbsup2

Thank you!!
Carla

If you activate an AP on, say May 7, 2018, it will be valid until the end of the day on May 7, 2019.

Last edited:

I'm going to definitely word this to be more confusing than it needs to be, but here goes my question/situation.

I originally had a room, 8 day park hopper, and dining package for November 21-November 30. I was able to secure the FD deal this morning for November 24-30. I will have a separate reservation for November 21-24, dropping the dining part but I want to KEEP my 8 day original park hopper. My question is this: with the 4 day park hopper I had to purchase with Free Dining, am I able to "save" that ticket for a future use as long as it is before Dec of 2019? Because that's what I want to do, and then just use my original 8 day PH for this trip. I asked this question elsewhere on the disboards and was directed to you guys! Thanks In Advance.

I originally had a room, 8 day park hopper, and dining package for November 21-November 30. I was able to secure the FD deal this morning for November 24-30. I will have a separate reservation for November 21-24, dropping the dining part but I want to KEEP my 8 day original park hopper. My question is this: with the 4 day park hopper I had to purchase with Free Dining,
1. am I able to "save" that ticket for a future use as long as it is before Dec of 2019? Because that's what I want to do,
2. and then just use my original 8 day PH for this trip.
3. I asked this question elsewhere on the disboards and was directed to you guys! Thanks In Advance.

1. Yes. (Actually, the ticket will be valid for use THROUGH Dec. 2019.)
2. That'll be fine.
3. Happy to help. Have a great trip!

Hi! I am upgrading 4 day resident tickets to an annual pass. I know you can buy annual passes through the app now, but is there a way to get reimbursed later for the upgrade difference? The reason I want to buy the APs now and not in person is because I have a trip in June that is already scheduled and FPs already booked for. But we want to go this weekend. If we want to get FPs for this weekend now before we get the APs, we would have to trade in FPs from the June trip (basically we have 2 tickets left, so 6 FPs, but they're all booked for June right now). Anyway, I know I just made that sound overly complicated, but what I would like to do is purchase the APs now, book my FPs for this weekend without losing my June FPs, and then go talk to them when we go this weekend to get reimbursed for the price difference. Can I do this??

Oh great and powerful Robo. I humbly seek your advice, because guest relations couldn't help me. Was able to book for FD and a 5 day park hopper in September.

Do you know how much it will cost to upgrade from the 5 day PH in a package plan to an AP (Platinum, since I'm from out of state)?

Oh great and powerful Robo. I humbly seek your advice, because guest relations couldn't help me. Was able to book for FD and a 5 day park hopper in September.

Do you know how much it will cost to upgrade from the 5 day PH in a package plan to an AP (Platinum, since I'm from out of state)?

Aw shucks! ;)

Ticket bought as part of a WDW Resort Package:
Ticket bought at a Disney Store:
__ Created ON and AFTER Feb.11,2018. (2018) Price list HERE.

Find the full Disney 2018 price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the 2018 Price list HERE.
Subtract that 2018 price from the current full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT on the (same) 2018 Price list.
Pay that difference price for the upgrade.

$904.19 > Platinum Annual Pass (2018)
-500.55 > 5 Day Park Hopper (2018)
=403.64 > Cost to Upgrade

All prices include tax.

Aw shucks! ;)

Ticket bought as part of a WDW Resort Package:
Ticket bought at a Disney Store:
__ Created ON and AFTER Feb.11,2018. (2018) Price list HERE.

Find the full Disney 2018 price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the 2018 Price list HERE.
Subtract that 2018 price from the current full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT on the (same) 2018 Price list.
Pay that difference price for the upgrade.

$904.19 > Platinum Annual Pass (2018)
-500.55 > 5 Day Park Hopper (2018)
=403.64 > Cost to Upgrade

All prices include tax.
You're amazing! I asked that same amount of Guest Services and Resort billing and research and they shrugged their proverbial shoulders. Happy dance commencing...

I skimmed through a number of responses and I think I know the answer; however, I'm not sure I understand how it will work. Here's the scenario:

• 8/27 - 9/1 staying at AS Sports (FD) and have 6-day PH tickets. Plan to be in parks 27th - 31st which leaves 1 day
    • On MDE tickets say valid through 9/1
  • 9/1 -9/8 Disney Fantasy 7-night Western
  • 9/8 -9/9 AS Movies (room-only) with an early flight 9/9
Can we use the unused day on 9/8 (it is w/in 14 from 1st use)? How will this work?

Thanks,
Chad

Can you upgrade a WDW annual pass to a premier annual passport for both WDW and Disneyland? Or a DL pass to the premier?

Is there any way to then renew to just a WDW AP?

so from my trip last week....I had some old NE tix that I had converted into one usable pass a couple of years back in my acct. I used (prioritized at gate) my newer 5 day pass and added 3 days onto it. a couple of thoughts- first, it was much less $ than I expected to add 3 days to my tix! I was expecting about $90 to add 3 days base (tix from 2016 UT) in fact it came to about $31 pp to add 3 days(nice surprise)
Second, previously in MDE ,I could see my old NE tix that had been converted as 3 separate tix in acct. Now after this weeks trip, it shows as just one 10 day pass in my name (non transferable) I'm keeping track of days left,and I know I have 6. Should I be seeing just the 10 day pass on my acct now? it seems odd,considering that's not a god way to keep track of days left to use up.

I skimmed through a number of responses and I think I know the answer; however, I'm not sure I understand how it will work. Here's the scenario:

• 8/27 - 9/1 staying at AS Sports (FD) and have 6-day PH tickets. Plan to be in parks 27th - 31st which leaves 1 day
    • On MDE tickets say valid through 9/1
  • 9/1 -9/8 Disney Fantasy 7-night Western
  • 9/8 -9/9 AS Movies (room-only) with an early flight 9/9
1. Can we use the unused day on 9/8 (it is w/in 14 from 1st use)?
2. How will this work?

1. Yes. (See my countdown of days below.)
2. Nothing at all special needs to be done.
Just go to the park on 9/08 and enter using your Magicbands at the gate.

Mo 8/27-Day 1 of 14
Tu
We
Th
Fr
Sa
Su
Mo 9/03-Day 8 of 14
Tu
We
Th
Fr
Sa 9/08-Day 13 of 14
Su 9/09-Day 14 of 14

1. Can you upgrade a WDW annual pass to a premier annual passport for both WDW and Disneyland?
2. Or a DL pass to the premier?
3. Is there any way to then renew to just a WDW AP?

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
You can renew to any level of AP from any other level of AP and still get the renewal discount.

so from my trip last week....

1. I had some old NE tix that I had converted into one usable pass a couple of years back in my acct.
2. I used (prioritized at gate) my newer 5 day pass and added 3 days onto it. a couple of thoughts- first, it was much less $ than I expected to add 3 days to my tix!
3. I was expecting about $90 to add 3 days base (tix from 2016 UT) in fact it came to about $31 pp to add 3 days(nice surprise)
4. Second, previously in MDE ,I could see my old NE tix that had been converted as 3 separate tix in acct. Now after this weeks trip, it shows as just one 10 day pass in my name (non transferable) I'm keeping track of days left,and I know I have 6.
5. Should I be seeing just the 10 day pass on my acct now? it seems odd,considering that's not a god way to keep track of days left to use up.

1. I'm not understanding. It is generally not allowed to combine multiple tickets into one different ticket.
2. Was the 5-day original ticket a never-used "new" ticket?
3. Yes. Very nice!
4. That is a concern to me, as it is generally not allowed to combine multiple tickets into one different ticket.
5. I don't know, but I would definitely call WDW Ticketing and inquire as to your current ticket status.

WDW Ticketing
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
You can renew to any level of AP from any other level of AP and still get the renewal discount.

Does any of that need to be done at a park, or can I call to do it?

I currently have a WDW AP, would like to get a Disneyland AP or Annual Passport for 2019, then get a WDW only renewal AP in 2020.

Does any of that need to be done at a park, or can I call to do it?

I currently have a WDW AP, would like to get a Disneyland AP or Annual Passport for 2019, then get a WDW only renewal AP in 2020.
All upgrades must be done by a CM at a ticket booth or Guest Relations.

New regular WDW -or- DL AP purchases and AP renewals can be done by guests on-line or over the phone.

1. I'm not understanding. It is generally not allowed to combine multiple tickets into one different ticket.
2. Was the 5-day original ticket a never-used "new" ticket?
3. Yes. Very nice!
4. That is a concern to me, as it is generally not allowed to combine multiple tickets into one different ticket.
5. I don't know, but I would definitely call WDW Ticketing and inquire as to your current ticket status.

WDW Ticketing
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat
Well, a couple of years back,I had some leftover NE days on a few tickets. I added them to MDE under my name. Up until I started this last trip, I saw on my page a list of (maybe) 4 tickets that all said '10 days ticket' but I knew that each of those had a day or two left on them. It was all combined onto one plastic RFID card. Now it simply shows '10 day ticket' left on my acct. I used all the other days up on my 5(8) day pass this past week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter