I am sorry. I wasn't clear. She bought 5 - 5 day tickets. We used 3 of the 5 tickets completely. We have 2 remaining 5 days tickets never been used. We want to use them in December but will have 6 park days. Can we add a day to these tickets upon arrival?

I don't know how CM tickets are categorized.
If they are considered "complimentary" they cannot be upgraded.

If they are considered to be "highly discounted" they (generally) cannot be upgraded.

If they are considered to be "normally discounted" they likely can be upgraded,
but it would likely not be for $15-$20 per day.
Since they were bought in 2015, the "proper" upgrade cost may be $75.61 for
that added day. (But, possibly even higher than that.)

Maybe a CM can answer.

Last edited:
I don't know how CM tickets are categorized.
If they are considered "complimentary" they cannot be upgraded.
If they are considered to be "highly discounted" they (generally) cannot be upgraded.

Maybe a CM can answer.
Thank you. When she worked there she was told that she could add days on if needed but 5 day tickets were the longest number of days she could buy at Company D. But 3 years later, I’m guessing we are better off using them on a trip that is only 5 days and not trying to mess with them.

Thank you. When she worked there she was told that she could add days on if needed but 5 day tickets were the longest number of days she could buy at Company D. But 3 years later, I’m guessing we are better off using them on a trip that is only 5 days and not trying to mess with them.

If that fits within your kind of WDW trip plans, that would be the easiest way to handle these tickets.
OTOH, when you are at WDW and have some time, you could go to a Guest Relations and ask
if they can be upgraded and for how much.

Then, you might be able to decide how to use these
tickets in the future.

If that fits within your kind of WDW trip plans, that would be the easiest way to handle these tickets.
OTOH, when you are at WDW and have some time, you could go to a Guest Relations and ask
if they can be upgraded and for how much.

Then, you might be able to decide how to use these
tickets in the future.
Excellent idea. I am going to do that. We are DVC members, so I am sure we can make use of them at some point as is if I don't like the price when asking. My husband and I have been using AP's the past 5 years, but our kids don't go with us every trip so I am trying to use up older tickets on them. I still have quite a few that I bought over the years but most are either 5 or 7 days and we typically do 6 day trips lately.

I am a bit confused about AP and Magic Bands. How and when do you get your Bands when buying an AP?

Only AFTER you have returned from the first trip when you ACTIVATED your new AP.
(Yes, your first trip with the new AP, you will not have your new AP MagicBand.)

If you have any other MBs in your MDX account, your AP will work with those.
Or, you can just use the AP plastic ticket to enter the parks and scan for FP entry.

Only AFTER you have returned from the first trip when you ACTIVATED your new AP.
(Yes, your first trip with the new AP, you will not have your new AP MagicBand.)

If you have any other MBs in your MDX account, your AP will work with those.
Or, you can just use the AP plastic ticket to enter the parks and scan for FP entry.

Thank you for your reply. This is what it sounded like, but I was thinking it would be a bummer if you are only going for one long trip with your AP and you don’t get a MB! It seems like they should be able to get you one sometime during your trip or give you a voucher to buy one at at merch shop. But, oh well.

So, I do have other Bands in my MDX, but is there a way to check if the batteries are still good? How long do they usually last?

So, I do have other Bands in my MDX, but
1. is there a way to check if the batteries are still good?
2. How long do they usually last?

1. Nope.
2. Spec'ed at 2-3 years.

However, the batteries are in no way needed for the "principal" uses of MB.

Even with dead batteries, a MB will work just fine for park gate entry, FP+ scans, resort door opening
and any other "touch-point" use.
What they won't do with dead batteries is any "distance" functions such as activating (the very few) on-ride videos/photos
at the attractions that don't also offer manual touch-points after the ride.
And the (even fewer) "interactive effects" that (for instance) possibly show a guest's name
on a display as that guest's ride vehicle passes by.

Last edited:
I'm sure that this has already been answered but I couldn't find it. If a renew an annual pass now but don't use it until October, when does the clock start ticking for that pass? Does it expire in April next year or October?

I'm sure that this has already been answered but I couldn't find it. If a renew an annual pass now but don't use it until October, when does the clock start ticking for that pass? Does it expire in April next year or October?
If it’s a renewal, I’m fairly certain it starts on the day after your current one expires.

I'm sure that this has already been answered but I couldn't find it.
1. If a renew an annual pass now but don't use it until October,
when does the clock start ticking for that pass?
2. Does it expire in April next year or October?

1. You said renew an AP.
That means that you already HAVE a current AP.

a. You can renew an AP up to 60 days before your current AP's anniversary date.
b. If you renew an AP, it always retains the same anniversary date at the current one (but one year later.)

2. You didn't say, so I'll just have to guess that your current AP expires in April (this month.)
So, the renewed AP will expire in April of 2019.

1. You said renew an AP.
That means that you already HAVE a current AP.

a. You can renew an AP up to 60 days before your current AP's anniversary date.
b. If you renew an AP, it always retains the same anniversary date at the current one (but one year later.)

2. You didn't say, so I'll just have to guess that your current AP expires in April (this month.)
So, the renewed AP will expire in April of 2019.

Thanks. Yes it’s about to expire and I’m trying to do the math if the savings are worth renewing them now.

Thanks. Yes it’s about to expire and I’m trying to do the math if the savings are worth renewing them now.

Except for extraordinary circumstances,it would very likely to be a better deal to NOT renew, but wait to buy a
brand new AP for your Oct. trip (which would then be valid until some time in Oct. 2019.)

If you will be staying at a WDW resort in Oct., you could purchase the new AP a bit earlier than 60 days in advance
and pre-book FP+ 60 days in advance using only the still-unactiaved new AP.

If you will NOT be staying at a WDW resort in Oct., you could purchase the new AP a bit earlier than 30 days in advance
and pre-book FP+ 30 days in advance using only the still-unactiaved new AP.

One more question I cannot find the answer for. When purchasing a ticket through UT, the biggest savings seems to come from no tax. When I arrive and go to upgrade to an AP, I know I calculate what WDW charges for that ticket, but what about tax? Do they tax you for the entire amount of the AP, do they tax you on only the amount you have paid to upgrade, or do they not tax at all since you would have paid taxes previously?

One more question I cannot find the answer for. When purchasing a ticket through UT, the biggest savings seems to come from no tax. When I arrive and go to upgrade to an AP, I know I calculate what WDW charges for that ticket, but what about tax? Do they tax you for the entire amount of the AP, do they tax you on only the amount you have paid to upgrade, or do they not tax at all since you would have paid taxes previously?

They tax you (6.5%) on only the amount you have paid to upgrade.

BTW, I don't understand what you mean by, "Through UT, the biggest savings seems to come from no tax."
UT changes Florida tax of 6.5%, and that tax is included in the prices on their website.

Disney also shows you their ticket prices with tax added if you just go to the bottom of their
ticket page (HERE) after choosing which tickets you want.

Last edited:
They tax you (6.5%) on only the amount you have paid to upgrade.

BTW, I don't understand what you mean by, "The biggest savings seems to come from no tax."
UT changes Florida tax of 6.5%. It is a state law.
Huh, for some reason I thought their price was so much less because they didn't charge tax, maybe it's just shipping? I may have done my math incorrectly though, it's been known to happen.

Thank you for the tax info, this will help me figure out exactly what I will need for the upgrade. It sounds like If UT is only going to save me a small amount, it's almost easier to just purchase the AP before the trip and not have to deal with the upgrade.

Edit to show example:
UT 4 day hopper plus extra day(so 5 day hopper) is 458 and when I go to the cart it tells me tax is included.
5 day hopper through Disney is 470 and when I put it in the cart it adds 30 tax and the total is 500 and some change.

Last edited:
Where can I find info on gold ap? Sorry if it’s been asked but 204 pages is allot to read. Trying to see what the difference is between that and platinum. Do they have the same discounts for food and merchandise? How does FastPass work or doesn’t it? I won’t need to activate it till December but want fast passes? Will we need to bring magic bands with us or I still wI’ll be able to get the ones with hotel reservation?

1. Where can I find info on gold ap?
2. Sorry if it’s been asked but 204 pages is allot to read.
3. Trying to see what the difference is between that and platinum.
4. Do they have the same discounts for food and merchandise?
5. How does FastPass work or doesn’t it? I
6. won’t need to activate it till December but want fast passes?
7. Will we need to bring magic bands with us
8. or I still wI’ll be able to get the ones with hotel reservation?

1. & 3. Click HERE and HERE and HERE.
2. You don't need to (and nobody expects that you would) read the whole thread.
The info about the subject is in the first 6-10 posts.
The rest of the thread is further discussion.
4. Yes.
5. That info is in the Fastpass Sticky (HERE.)
Yes, it works with APs.
6. You can book advance FPs using a purchased, but not yet activated, AP.
7. For your first trip when you initially activate the new AP, yes, or...
8. If you are staying at a WDW resort, you will get new MBs that will work perfectly with you new AP.

Last edited:
Planning to buy my 4 day plus 2 extra day tickets from undercover tourist tomorrow using the mouse savers discount. Will I have any difficulties upgrading these to an annual pass when we use them in August? We have room only reservations for June and August. We should be able to use fast pass as well, with these tickets, correct?

Planning to buy my 4 day plus 2 extra day tickets from undercover tourist tomorrow using the mouse savers discount.
1. Will I have any difficulties upgrading these to an annual pass when we use them in August? We have room only reservations for June and August.
2. We should be able to use fast pass as well, with these tickets, correct?
1. My crystal ball is broken, ;)
but UT ticket can be upgraded to APs as a very standard WDW procedure.

2. Yes. That is even stated in so many words on the UT tickets page.

And, know that what UT calls "4 day plus 2 extra day tickets," are in reality
just regular 6-day WDW tickets, and will be treated as such in the upgrade transaction.

Upgrade costs and procedures are found HERE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter