We have two day park passes (non hopper) however based on hours changes during our visit we may want to upgrade but won't know for sure until we are there. If after our second park pass day can we upgrade and hit another park? I was told that's how it works but seems odd. If someone can confirm that would be great - thanks!

As long as you do it before the end of the second day - you can't go to the parks on Monday and Tuesday and then decide on Wednesday that you want to upgrade.

As long as you do it before the end of the second day - you can't go to the parks on Monday and Tuesday and then decide on Wednesday that you want to upgrade.
Right. We don't have three day tickets to upgrade on the third day. Just trying to confirm we could upgrade on the second day. Thanks for the info!

We have two day park passes (non hopper) however based on hours changes during our visit we may want to upgrade but won't know for sure until we are there. If after our second park pass day can we upgrade and hit another park? I was told that's how it works but seems odd. If someone can confirm that would be great - thanks!

From the Upgrading Tickets Post (HERE) at of the top of this thread:
Upgrading Tickets said:
A ticket can be upgraded while at WDW:
Before the guest uses that ticket to enter a park -or-
After
that ticket has been used to enter a park (or parks.)
No later than on the same day that the last asset of the ticket has been used.

Help please - We are planning to purchase MYW tickets from a mousesavers or official ticket center. If we decide that someone needs hopping during this trip and there is a price increase between now and April, what should we expect to pay? Is hopping a flat fee upgrade or will they need to convert and pay the difference of the price increase?

Help please - We are planning to purchase MYW tickets from a mousesavers or official ticket center. If we decide that someone needs hopping during this trip and there is a price increase between now and April, what should we expect to pay? Is hopping a flat fee upgrade or will they need to convert and pay the difference of the price increase?

If there is a price increase, I'd expect that there would be an increase in the cost of adding (upgrading to) the Hopper.
But, we don't know how much.

If there is a price increase, I'd expect that there would be an increase in the cost of adding (upgrading to) the Hopper.
But, we don't know for sure.

But if cel_disney buys from UT (I assume that's what s/he meant by mousesavers), s/he wouldn't pay the price increase on just the base ticket itself, right (since UT is a discounted seller)? Wouldn't s/he just pay the hopper add-on price?

But if cel_disney buys from UT (I assume that's what s/he meant by mousesavers), s/he wouldn't pay the price increase on just the base ticket itself, right (since UT is a discounted seller)? Wouldn't s/he just pay the hopper add-on price?

We don't know.
That was not the case after the last upgrade.
(Remember the "Feb. 12, 2017" change-over date?)

While this is what the current rules suggest - I just don't know if it will work that way. I suspect they might require us to bridge to the current (new/increased) price - similar to tickets purchased before last years price increase. I feel like this is definitely what will happen if we add days - but wasn't sure if Hopper updates would just be able to be added without the base ticket bridge...

While this is what the current rules suggest - I just don't know if it will work that way. I suspect they might require us to bridge to the current (new/increased) price - similar to tickets purchased before last years price increase. I feel like this is definitely what will happen if we add days - but wasn't sure if Hopper updates would just be able to be added without the base ticket bridge...

The way it works is that you pay the difference between (example) a current "6-day Base" and a current "6-day Hopper."

However, if they decide to DIFFERENTIATE between the cost a "6-day ticket" printed as late as the day BEFORE the next price increase (as in, a ticket purchased NOW) and the cost a "6-day Hopper" sold AFTER the price increase...
then the cost COULD BE higher than just the cost difference of the Hopper option, alone.

Last edited:
Hi,

Traveling with friends who each have a 2-day ticket no PH and 2-day ticket with PH for a total of 4 days. We want to plan days as follows:

Sunday: MK/AK
Monday: EP
Tues: AK/HS
Thurs: MK

Is this possible with their tickets? If so, how do we do it? Thanks!

Hi,

Traveling with friends who each have a 2-day ticket no PH and 2-day ticket with PH for a total of 4 days. We want to plan days as follows:

Sunday: MK/AK
Monday: EP
Tues: AK/HS
Thurs: MK

Is this possible with their tickets? If so, how do we do it? Thanks!
They will need to stop at either a Ticket Window or Guest Relations Location EACH morning (before entering a park) and have the tickets prioritized based on the intended usage for that day.

Hello, and thank you Robo for compiling all this amazing ticket information. I am currently an AP holder and am considering renewing. I've read all the information on the first page and think I understand how this will (should) work, but would appreciate confirmation that my math is correct. I have an unused MYW 5D PH with WPF&M that I would like to use for my upgrade/ renewal.

According to the link on the first page:
Current price to renew AP is $676.28
5D PH WPF&M sold for $463.28
I would owe $213 + 6.5% tax, or $226.85

Am planning on doing the upgrade on January 30, so hopefully will beat this year's price increases.
I purchased my 5D pass from Undercover Tourist. Will this make my transaction more difficult?
Thanks!

Hello, and thank you Robo for compiling all this amazing ticket information. I am currently an AP holder and am considering renewing. I've read all the information on the first page and think I understand how this will (should) work, but would appreciate confirmation that my math is correct. I have an unused MYW 5D PH with WPF&M that I would like to use for my upgrade/ renewal.

Current price to renew AP is $676.28
5D PH WPF&M sold for $463.28
I would owe $213 + 6.5% tax, or $226.85

Am planning on doing the upgrade on January 30, so hopefully will beat this year's price increases.
I purchased my 5D pass from Undercover Tourist. Will this make my transaction more difficult?
Thanks!
When did you buy your original UT ticket?

A. Current price to renew AP is $676.28
B. 5D PH WPF&M sold for $463.28
C. I would owe $213 + 6.5% tax, or $226.85

Thanks!

A. Does that price include tax?
B. That $463.28 already includes the tax.
C. So (if A. includes tax) your upgrade price would be $213.00

I think I got the AP renewal rate off of the Disney website, so I don't think that included tax. Will probably go to Guest Services at Disney Springs, hopefully they will know how to correctly do this transaction!

I think I got the AP renewal rate off of the Disney website, so I don't think that included tax. Will probably go to Guest Services at Disney Springs, hopefully they will know how to correctly do this transaction!

The Disney site does often provide the price with tax on many tickets ("bottom of page" price.)
You just have to check the listing to make sure.

Otherwise, if that AP renewal is before tax, add 6.5% to the renewal number and do the math.

I added some days to my Canadian Resident park tickets last week and MDE on my laptop has been really acting up ever since. The CM had to delete my old tickets and relink my new ones. Now I keep getting red error messages and the site keeps refreshing repeatedly when I try to go to the 'view my tickets' and I get the screen with headless Olaf when I try to go into the FP booking screen. My FP day is next week so I'm getting worried that the tickets may not be linked properly, preventing me from being able to book my FP. They are showing up in the app but with a message prompting me to 'call Disney if I'm experiencing difficulty linking my tickets', which didn't show before I added the days. I'm able to go into the FP booking in the MDE app and on the website on my phone or iPad but not on the computer so I'm thinking they must be linked or it wouldn't let me do that, right? Would it be worth unlinking and relinking my tickets to see if it fixes this? Or is that even an option? Or should I just leave it alone and hope that the iphone and ipad will be sufficient in booking my FP next week? I just don't want to get up at 3:45am (on the west coast :guilty:) and not be able to book anything because the tickets aren't linked properly. :scared: Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter