1. Sorry, but you can't upgrade a ticket after 14 days from that ticket's first use.
2. Try making FP+ for as many days as you can.
Make these "test" FPs for next week (or so) and make them for very easy-to-book attractions.
If (say) you can book 2 days' worth of FP+, then that ticket has 2 days left.
If (say) you can book 3 days' worth of FP+, then that ticket has 3 days left.
(Cancel all of the FPs you will not be using.)

Um, no. These tickets are from before they put expiration dates on tickets. These did not expire 14 days after first use. They are "non-expiring" tickets.

Um, no. These tickets are from before they put expiration dates on tickets. These did not expire 14 days after first use. They are "non-expiring" tickets.

You appear to have asked a question about tickets that have been partially used.
"How many days are left?"
Which means that you have used part of these tickets on a previous trip.
I didn't say that your tickets expired after 14 days, I said that they cannot be upgraded
after 14 days from first use.

Since it appears from your question that you first used those tickets over 14 days ago, they cannot be upgraded.

Otherwise, if you have any tickets that have never been used at all...
I can tell you how much they will be worth if you want to upgrade them.

Just to clarify, was MM a PART of your package? Or did you purchase it separately? I booked a room + tickets package and bought MM, then added on a dining package later - my confirmation from my TA shows the MM as a separate line item so it's with my overall package, but it's technically not a part.

I purchased a package with Room, Dinning, Tickets and MM all as one purchase. MM showed as a line item in the package content list but did not have its own separate cost and conf number. MK tried the package conf number and said only the hotel can access that, the hotel looked up that number and said its just the hotel and they could not see the MM purchase. I showed them the line item in the email conf that had MM listed and thats when they gave me the good will room credit since they could not figure it out. Now in MDX I saw (and still see) MM with a conf number next to it but that number does not contain any purchase info so MK could not use that for a refund either.

I purchased a package with Room, Dinning, Tickets and MM all as one purchase. MM showed as a line item in the package content list but did not have its own separate cost and conf number. MK tried the package conf number and said only the hotel can access that, the hotel looked up that number and said its just the hotel and they could not see the MM purchase. I showed them the line item in the email conf that had MM listed and thats when they gave me the good will room credit since they could not figure it out. Now in MDX I saw (and still see) MM with a conf number next to it but that number does not contain any purchase info so MK could not use that for a refund either.

Gotcha. Thanks! Since I bought the MM as an add-on, hopefully I won't have that issue. Sorry you did!

That's not necessary.

Ha! Robo just beat me!

Really? I though in reading the upgrading post on here it indicated that you got more value for your current ticket if you upgraded before tapping in for the first day - that each day used lowered the value for the upgrade making the difference greater. Did I mis-read that? Or has it changed?

Really?
1. I though in reading the upgrading post on here it indicated that you got more value for your current ticket if you upgraded before tapping in for the first day -
2. that each day used lowered the value for the upgrade making the difference greater.
3. Did I mis-read that?
4. Or has it changed?
1. Nope.
2. Nope.
3. If you read it, it wasn't in the Upgrading post in this thread.
4. Nope.
The object of a WDW ticket upgrade is to make it as though the ticket to which a guest upgrades
had been the ticket originally purchased by the guest.
So, upgrading a ticket after a guest has used it to enter the parks on, say, three days,
the upgraded ticket would be deducted by three days (in this case) but the credit
allowed for the original ticket in the upgrade transaction would still be at full value.

1. Nope.
2. Nope.
3. If you read it, it wasn't in the Upgrading post in this thread.
4. Nope.
The object of a WDW ticket upgrade is to make it as though the ticket to which a guest upgrades
had been the ticket originally purchased by the guest.
So, upgrading a ticket after a guest has used it to enter the parks on, say, three days,
the upgraded ticket would be deducted by three days (in this case) but the credit
allowed for the original ticket in the upgrade transaction would still be at full value.

Thank you for explaining that!

I’m considering upgrading my 7-day PH pass (purchased from PS) to an AP on the first day of my upcoming trip b/c I may well be returning in Sept.

1) Should I buy MM in advance anyway to make sure the beginning of the trip photos are included? Are all photos included immediately for AP holders? (Note: I was originally planning on just purchasing the best 5 photos from the trip.)

2) Is there a decent chance the cost of MM won’t be applied to the ticket upgrade by the CM at guest relations? Reading the boards I can’t tell if this is sporadically done or if there may have been a policy change at some point.

Thanks very much!

I’m considering upgrading my 7-day PH pass (purchased from PS) to an AP on the first day of my upcoming trip b/c I may well be returning in Sept.

1) Should I buy MM in advance anyway to make sure the beginning of the trip photos are included? Are all photos included immediately for AP holders? (Note: I was originally planning on just purchasing the best 5 photos from the trip.)

2) Is there a decent chance the cost of MM won’t be applied to the ticket upgrade by the CM at guest relations? Reading the boards I can’t tell if this is sporadically done or if there may have been a policy change at some point.

Thanks very much!
When I purchased my first annual pass all of my photos from the past year were available.

Thanks very much!

I'm seriously considering upgrading on my upcoming trip as well and have the same question about Memory Maker. From the responses I got, it seems like if MM was purchased separately it's easier than if it was included in the purchased package. But it is unclear if it's an actual refund or if the amount is applied to the AP purchase. It would be awesome if it can be applied since that would make the AP even less OOP for me...but I want to be prepared either way.

I purchased a DVC AP, so I have a voucher, can I activate this voucher at Guest Services in Disney Springs?

I purchased a DVC AP, so I have a voucher, can I activate this voucher at Guest Services in Disney Springs?
Guest Relations.
It’s called the “Welcome Center” at Disney Springs.

Hello! We will be celebrating my daughters 16th birthday at WDW in April 2018, we are FL Residents. We planned on buying the 4 day Discover Disney tickets and using 2 days in Feb 2018 and 2 days in April 2018. If we decide to upgrade to a FL Res Silver pass on the payment plan, would I need to do it within 14 days of our first use in Feb 2018? Or if we waited to upgrade until April, when would the expiration be (a year from the first use or from the day we upgrade)?

My wife and I are doing a split stay with our two 18+ kids. We're flying down together and staying four nights at the first resort (check-in Wednesday night - check out Sunday morning). The kids will fly home Sunday and my wife and I will switch to another resort (check-in Sunday -check out Wednesday). I've booked a RO reservation for all rooms thus far. I'm assuming that I can just purchase two 4-day PH tickets for my kids, two 7-day PH tickets for my wife and I and then link them in MDE. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't some gotcha or restriction that I'm not aware of. Thanks.

My wife and I are doing a split stay with our two 18+ kids. We're flying down together and staying four nights at the first resort (check-in Wednesday night - check out Sunday morning). The kids will fly home Sunday and my wife and I will switch to another resort (check-in Sunday -check out Wednesday). I've booked a RO reservation for all rooms thus far. I'm assuming that I can just purchase two 4-day PH tickets for my kids, two 7-day PH tickets for my wife and I and then link them in MDE. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't some gotcha or restriction that I'm not aware of. Thanks.

All that will work.
Tickets are completely separate from room-only resort reservations.

Hello! We will be celebrating my daughters 16th birthday at WDW in April 2018, we are FL Residents. We planned on buying the 4 day Discover Disney tickets and using 2 days in Feb 2018 and 2 days in April 2018.
1. If we decide to upgrade to a FL Res Silver pass on the payment plan, would I need to do it within 14 days of our first use in Feb 2018?
2. Or if we waited to upgrade until April, when would the expiration be (a year from the first use or from the day we upgrade)?
1. I know that in many cases, Fl residents have 6 months to decide to upgrade a ticket.
(But, I NO knowledge if your particular tickets will qualify. Sorry.)
2. I can tell you that whenever you decide to upgrade, the AP will be back-dated to the first use of the original ticket.
That's what makes it an "upgrade" of the original ticket.
(Otherwise, it would be a full-priced new AP.)

Hello! We will be celebrating my daughters 16th birthday at WDW in April 2018, we are FL Residents. We planned on buying the 4 day Discover Disney tickets and using 2 days in Feb 2018 and 2 days in April 2018. If we decide to upgrade to a FL Res Silver pass on the payment plan, would I need to do it within 14 days of our first use in Feb 2018? Or if we waited to upgrade until April, when would the expiration be (a year from the first use or from the day we upgrade)?
We are also curious about these tickets. We are on the fence with purchasing these vs. purchasing a silver annual pass (we only go during off peak and never in summer/christmas). From what I am understanding, these tickets do not have to be used consecutively. We plan on using 2 days next month then another 2 days in April. Is it only one park per ticket or can I use all 4 days at MK and Epcot.

We are also curious about these tickets. We are on the fence with purchasing these vs. purchasing a silver annual pass (we only go during off peak and never in summer/christmas). From what I am understanding, these tickets do not have to be used consecutively. We plan on using 2 days next month then another 2 days in April. Is it only one park per ticket or can I use all 4 days at MK and Epcot.
Also curious if we purchase these, we can upgrade them to Silver annual passes once we get to the park.

My sister lives part time in Florida but all her ID's (DL etc) is from Michigan. I believe that if she brings a bill (gas bill) with her name and Florida address on it, that it would be proof enough for a Florida resident discount. Is this correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!