Make Nov. FP+ by having the 7-day ticket linked to MDE.
If you upgrade to an AP certificate during the Nov. trip,
you can make FP+ for the Dec. trip just by having the AP certificate in your MDE.

But, you said your husband won't be with you in Nov.

My husband won't be with me in October. Here are 2 scenarios....which is best?

1. Link husband's 7 day hopper and make our Nov FP 60 days out, when I'm at WDW in Oct go to guest services and upgrade his 7 day hopper ticket to an AP certificate and link it in MDE, come home & make Dec FP at the 60 day mark, and then when we're there in Nov, turn in his AP certificate for his actual AP. Would this mess-up the FP that I made?

2. Link my son's 7 day hopper to my husband (it's not currently stored in MDE and son won't be going in Nov) so I can make my husband's Nov FP at 60 days out. Turn my husband's 7 day hopper in at WDW in Oct for AP certificate (husband won't be with me...can I still get AP certificate for him or does he have to be there?). Go home and link the AP certificate to my husband and reassign my son's 7 day hopper back to him. At that point, both my son's 7 day hopper and husband's AP certificate would be able to reserve FP for our Dec. trip at 60 days out.

Or scrap it all and just buy the AP outright? This seems like it's asking for something to go wrong somewhere.

My husband won't be with me in October. Here are 2 scenarios....which is best?

1. Link husband's 7 day hopper and make our Nov FP 60 days out, when I'm at WDW in Oct go to guest services and upgrade his 7 day hopper ticket to an AP certificate and link it in MDE, come home & make Dec FP at the 60 day mark, and then when we're there in Nov, turn in his AP certificate for his actual AP. Would this mess-up the FP that I made?

2. Link my son's 7 day hopper to my husband (it's not currently stored in MDE and son won't be going in Nov) so I can make my husband's Nov FP at 60 days out. Turn my husband's 7 day hopper in at WDW in Oct for AP certificate (husband won't be with me...can I still get AP certificate for him or does he have to be there?). Go home and link the AP certificate to my husband and reassign my son's 7 day hopper back to him. At that point, both my son's 7 day hopper and husband's AP certificate would be able to reserve FP for our Dec. trip at 60 days out.

Or scrap it all and just buy the AP outright? This seems like it's asking for something to go wrong somewhere.

Why will YOU go to Guest Relations to upgrade your HUSBAND'S ticket to AP certificate?
Why can't HE do that?
If he is using FPs, he must be going to the park(s.)

Otherwise, changing the form of a ticket (upgrading) after arrival at WDW will not erase pre-booked FP+.

Last edited:
Why will YOU go to Guest Relations to upgrade your HUSBAND'S ticket to AP certificate?
Why can't HE do that?
If he is using FPs, he must be going to the park(s.)

Otherwise, changing the form of a ticket (upgrading) after arrival at WDW will not erase pre-booked FP+.

Because he won't be at WDW in Oct to do it himself. He has 1 park ticket that we need to upgrade to an AP for Nov & Dec trips but want the 60 mark for FP. If we upgrade his ticket in Nov, we miss the 60 day FP window for our Dec trip.

Because he won't be at WDW in Oct to do it himself. He has 1 park ticket that we need to upgrade to an AP for Nov & Dec trips but want the 60 mark for FP. If we upgrade his ticket in Nov, we miss the 60 day FP window for our Dec trip.

You can try to upgrade to an AP certificate in Oct. May work great. May not.

You can try to book a set of FP for the Nov. trip -and- the Dec. trip in advance with the AP certificate. May work great. May not.
APs can book only 7 days of FP in advance, EXCEPT in the case of a WDW resort stay.
However, the complication may set in because you will have TWO WDW resort stays.
May work great. May not.

You can try to upgrade to an AP certificate in Oct. May work great. May not.

You can try to book a set of FP for the Nov. trip -and- the Dec. trip in advance with the AP certificate. May work great. May not.
APs can book only 7 days of FP in advance, EXCEPT in the case of a WDW resort stay.
However, the complication may set in because you will have TWO WDW resort stays.
May work great. May not.

That's the information I was looking for. I think I'll just order the AP from Disney so that we know it'll be ok. I knew if anyone could help it was you so thank you for all of your help on this.

I'll be going on a small trip in August, which at the start of I will be upgrading my own 7 day PH to a Platinum Plus AP.

I have friends and family going in September that have 6 day park hoppers. Some are managed by me and some are managed by my brother. None of them will be with me in August.

Is there a way that I would be able to upgrade all of their 6 Day PHs to PH Plus, during my August visit when I upgrade myself to an AP? Can Guest Relations look them up via my MDE or something?

I'm interested in doing this in August if possible because I will have a lot more free time on that trip and it would make the September trip much smoother if everyone hit the ground with upgraded tickets. Especially since these are pre-Feb 12th tickets and so it remains to be seen how much the upgrades will cost.

I'll be going on a small trip in August, which at the start of I will be upgrading my own 7 day PH to a Platinum Plus AP.

I have friends and family going in September that have 6 day park hoppers. Some are managed by me and some are managed by my brother. None of them will be with me in August.

Is there a way that I would be able to upgrade all of their 6 Day PHs to PH Plus, during my August visit when I upgrade myself to an AP? Can Guest Relations look them up via my MDE or something?

I'm interested in doing this in August if possible because I will have a lot more free time on that trip and it would make the September trip much smoother if everyone hit the ground with upgraded tickets. Especially since these are pre-Feb 12th tickets and so it remains to be seen how much the upgrades will cost.
Give it a try.

Hi- not sure if my question should fall under tickets or FPs...
My sister and I are arriving at WDW on August 29 with our two daughters. The girls and I have 5 day hoppers that are attached to our MDE accounts, and my sister has an AP. My sister's AP expires August 24. Our FP window opens this Friday, on June 30. She planned to renew her AP, and the earliest she could do that online was this past weekend, 60 days before expiration date. She was going to be out of the country on vacation all this week, so she gave me her credentials to renew her AP online for her. I did that, and got a confirmation saying (in part) that her new AP would be visible in MDE when the current AP expires. Since her MDE account only currently shows her AP that expires on August 24, I'm worried that I will not be able to book her FPs with the rest of ours this Friday when our window opens, because the system does not not show her as having a valid ticket for the period we'll be booking (starting August 29). Since the system said her renewed AP will not be visible in the system until her current one expires, will the system recognize the renewal and allow the FP booking for dates after the current expiration date? Thanks for your help!

Hi- not sure if my question should fall under tickets or FPs...
My sister and I are arriving at WDW on August 29 with our two daughters. The girls and I have 5 day hoppers that are attached to our MDE accounts, and my sister has an AP. My sister's AP expires August 24. Our FP window opens this Friday, on June 30. She planned to renew her AP, and the earliest she could do that online was this past weekend, 60 days before expiration date. She was going to be out of the country on vacation all this week, so she gave me her credentials to renew her AP online for her. I did that, and got a confirmation saying (in part) that her new AP would be visible in MDE when the current AP expires. Since her MDE account only currently shows her AP that expires on August 24, I'm worried that I will not be able to book her FPs with the rest of ours this Friday when our window opens, because the system does not not show her as having a valid ticket for the period we'll be booking (starting August 29). Since the system said her renewed AP will not be visible in the system until her current one expires, will the system recognize the renewal and allow the FP booking for dates after the current expiration date? Thanks for your help!
Call about this.

Call WDW Ticketing at

(407) 566-4985 (option 5)

Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

Last edited:
I'm sure this has been asked about a zillion times, but could anyone please tell me how critical it is to have park hopper tickets if we'll be there for 7 nights? We plan to stay onsite not that I'm sure it's relevant.

We're from Australia and with the exchange rate I need to start looking at ways to make some savings!

Thanks all.

I'm sure this has been asked about a zillion times, but could anyone please tell me how critical it is to have park hopper tickets if we'll be there for 7 nights? We plan to stay onsite not that I'm sure it's relevant.

We're from Australia and with the exchange rate I need to start looking at ways to make some savings!

Thanks all.

Hoppers are always simply a choice.
Many guests go for a WDW trip and never hop.
Others hop nearly every day.
Put together your plans and see if you think you want to hop or not.
I will say that the length of a trip is not a very effective way to determine whether
Hopping will or won't be "needed."
It is a choice in terms of "style" of touring.

Still unsure...
The simplest solution is to simply not buy the Hopper unless and until you decide
(while at WDW) that you want to hop. It costs the same to buy before your trip, or while
you are at WDW.

I also should add that if you intend to visit the Water Parks and/or any of the other "Water Park and More" options,
buying the Hopper option is principal of what's needed in order to add the "Hopper Plus"
upgrade for just $15 additional cost per ticket to the basic Hopper.

Last edited:
Trip booked for January 5th-14th, 2018... Our big question is whether we try to hit a water park and upgrade to the Water Parks and More ticket. Only one water park will be open during this time and the other question would be what the weather is doing.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this and has visited in January? Did you purchase a Water Parks and More ticket? And more importantly, did you use it?

Trip booked for January 5th-14th, 2018... Our big question is whether we try to hit a water park and upgrade to the Water Parks and More ticket. Only one water park will be open during this time and the other question would be what the weather is doing.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this and has visited in January? Did you purchase a Water Parks and More ticket? And more importantly, did you use it?

With the new ticket structure, if you already have the HOPPER feature on your ticket,
you can upgrade to the "Water Parks & More" (now called "Park Hopper PLUS") for only $15 per ticket.

Also, if you DON'T have the Hopper on your ticket, it can save money just to purchase a single day Water Park ticket instead of adding the option to your regular ticket.

There are MANY days at all times of year (Winter included) that guests visit the Water Park(s.)
All of the pools are heated (Water Parks and resorts) so if the temperature is even in the 50's with little wind, the sun is warm enough that guests can and do swim.

Regardless, just wait until you are at WDW to decide if you want to visit the Water Park or not.

I always have my tickets mailed to me, but today there was an error when checking out and it defaulted to emailing the tickets to me. We have magic bands. Is there any benefit to mailing the tickets as opposed to emailing them?

Apologize if this is answered in the first few posts but as much as I tried the awesome info still seemed to tell me 1 of two answers. I purchased tickets from Undercover Tourist on Feb. 11, 2017. It was buy 4 days get 3 free. So my 7 day with park hoppers cost me $419 per adult tax incl., and the child ticket was $398 also tax incl.

I am thinking I may want to upgrade to waterparks when I get there. So according to what I am reading my price will either be:

1) $15 per ticket

Or

2) The difference between the published 2016 7DPH tickets ($439 Adult, $419 Child) and the current 2017 prices ($485 Adult, $465 Child) plus the $15. So the amount I would owe is $61 per adult ticket and $61 per child ticket.

Can someone (maybe Robo ;) ) tell me which one is it? It makes a big difference since I will have 4 adult tickets and 1 kid ticket to upgrade.

Thanks a million!!!

Hello all-- I promised to report back on our upgrade. We took care of it Saturday night at the international gateway. The cast member initially quoted me more than I anticipated for the balance due. She believed my 7 day parksaver hoppers were only worth 411 when I believed them to Be worth 456. I politely mentioned the difference and she conferred with a colleague before giving me the price I anticipated. All done now!

Hello all-- I promised to report back on our upgrade. We took care of it Saturday night at the international gateway. The cast member initially quoted me more than I anticipated for the balance due. She believed my 7 day parksaver hoppers were only worth 411 when I believed them to Be worth 456. I politely mentioned the difference and she conferred with a colleague before giving me the price I anticipated. All done now!

Thank you! (And, congrats on getting the correct price!)

Last edited:
I always have my tickets mailed to me, but today there was an error when checking out and it defaulted to emailing the tickets to me. We have magic bands.

Is there any benefit to mailing the tickets as opposed to emailing them?

Nope.
Have fun!

Apologize if this is answered in the first few posts but as much as I tried the awesome info still seemed to tell me 1 of two answers. I purchased tickets from Undercover Tourist on Feb. 11, 2017. It was buy 4 days get 3 free. So my 7 day with park hoppers cost me $419 per adult tax incl., and the child ticket was $398 also tax incl.

I am thinking I may want to upgrade to waterparks when I get there. So according to what I am reading my price will either be:

1) $15 per ticket

Or

2) The difference between the published 2016 7DPH tickets ($439 Adult, $419 Child) and the current 2017 prices ($485 Adult, $465 Child) plus the $15. So the amount I would owe is $61 per adult ticket and $61 per child ticket.

Can someone (maybe Robo ;) ) tell me which one is it? It makes a big difference since I will have 4 adult tickets and 1 kid ticket to upgrade.

Thanks a million!!!

It likely should rightfully be #2.
But, it never hurts to "ask nicely" for the $15 price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!