Hello! Can my kids start the trip with their dad and use the tickets he buys and then when i join them i add on days to just the kids tickets since he will be flying home? I would buy my ticket seperate ....
thank you!

Hello! Can my kids start the trip with their dad and use the tickets he buys and then when i join them i add on days to just the kids tickets since he will be flying home? I would buy my ticket seperate ....
thank you!

Yes.

Probably a silly question, but
If you are a attending a conference at WDW and there has been no mention of "conference " tickets, you are out of luck , right? It's an arraignment the conference would have to make with Disney, not something available to attendees of any conference?

way in advance here, but here goes.

We have a package that includes 5 day park hoppers for each person in our party of 6 for our trip this December.

2 of our party will have active Annual Passes and do not need the hoppers.

Is there a way to "transfer" (what reads as a non-transferrable ticket in MDE) to hold for a later date of use after the APs expire?

way in advance here, but here goes.

We have a package that includes 5 day park hoppers for each person in our party of 6 for our trip this December.

2 of our party will have active Annual Passes and do not need the hoppers.

Is there a way to "transfer" (what reads as a non-transferrable ticket in MDE) to hold for a later date of use after the APs expire?
Not a problem.
NEW tickets CAN be transferred to anyone connected to your MDE.

If YOU just want to "hold" them for future use,
just create a "fake name" in your MDE and transfer any and all new tickets to that "fake" name to keep the tickets safe and ready.

Probably a silly question, but
If you are a attending a conference at WDW and there has been no mention of "conference " tickets, you are out of luck , right? It's an arraignment the conference would have to make with Disney, not something available to attendees of any conference?
Ask someone in authority with the conference.

How do we upgrade expired tickets? I have a 2-day PH that will expire on December 31, 2018, and I plan on using it once Ye Olde Lande of Star Warz opens. Is there any way to do so without traveling to Orlando? Are expired tickets transferrable? Can I give them to a friend in town who can upgrade them and transfer them back to me? Can I call Disney to upgrade them?

How do we upgrade expired tickets? I have a 2-day PH that will expire on December 31, 2018, and I plan on using it once Ye Olde Lande of Star Warz opens.
1. Is there any way to do so without traveling to Orlando?
2. Are expired tickets transferrable?
3. Can I give them to a friend in town who can upgrade them and transfer them back to me?
4. Can I call Disney to upgrade them?

1. That situation is too new to know anything, but I doubt that it will be possible.
2. That situation is too new to know anything, but I don't see why not.
3. That situation is too new to know anything, but I don't see why not.
4. That situation is too new to know anything, but I doubt that it will be possible.

I'd likely try to upgrade BEFORE they expire, but I don't know if that it will be possible except in-person.

1. That situation is too new to know anything, but I doubt that it will be possible.
2. That situation is too new to know anything, but I don't see why not.
3. That situation is too new to know anything, but I don't see why not.
4. That situation is too new to know anything, but I doubt that it will be possible.

I'd likely try to upgrade BEFORE they expire, but I don't know if that it will be possible except in-person.
Thank you. I don't really want to upgrade them. I want to turn 2-day park-hoppers that expire in December 2018 into 2-day park-hoppers that I can use in 2020. The last time I'll be in the parks is December, 2017. It looks like I should work with a friend in the area in 2019 to apply the cost of the current tickets to new 2-day park-hoppers. It's so annoying that this is my only solution if I want to schedule fast passes in advance.

Thank you. I don't really want to upgrade them. I want to turn 2-day park-hoppers that expire in December 2018 into 2-day park-hoppers that I can use in 2020. The last time I'll be in the parks is December, 2017. It looks like I should work with a friend in the area in 2019 to apply the cost of the current tickets to new 2-day park-hoppers. It's so annoying that this is my only solution if I want to schedule fast passes in advance.

We'll likely learn more about the ins and outs of this before Dec. 2018.
Just stay tuned to ticket info, especially after the next price increase.

Have I really gone 5 months without noticing this?? I just noticed that the expiration day of my and my dh's AP is January 4, 2018. I may be crazy, but I don't think this was the case before.

I obtained our APs by upgrading our hoppers while at Disney in January. The first day we used the tickets was January 11. Shouldn't the expiration date be January 11, 2018 (or maybe the 10th)?

ETA: I just looked back in my email and the hopper tickets were purchased on January 4, 2017 directly through Disney.

Your upgraded AP expires a year from the first day the original ticket was used, not purchased, right?

I obtained our APs by upgrading our hoppers while at Disney in January. The first day we used the tickets was January 11.
1. Shouldn't the expiration date be January 11, 2018
2. (or maybe the 10th)?

ETA: I just looked back in my email and
3. the hopper tickets were purchased on January 4, 2017 directly through Disney.
4. Your upgraded AP expires a year from the first day the original ticket was used, not purchased, right?

1. Yes.
2. If the first day of use of the original ticket was Jan. 11 (and, if that was also the date that
you activated your new AP,) one year from Jan. 11 is the date the AP should expire ("Anniversary date.")
3. Yup. That looks like the SNAFU, right there.
4. Correct.
But, don't worry. You will be able to get this error corrected on your next WDW visit.
This kind of CM error is so very, very common on APs that's is no big thing to have it fixed.
Disney will have a record of all of the pertinent dates in your files.

Last edited:
Thanks - guess I'll be on the phone tomorrow. I'm not surprised there was a glitch in the upgrade - we also were never handed physical AP cards (found out about those by reading the boards getting ready to use my discounts for the June trip). So, that was correction number one for the APs - getting the cards at guest services a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks - guess I'll be on the phone tomorrow. I'm not surprised there was a glitch in the upgrade - we also were never handed physical AP cards (found out about those by reading the boards getting ready to use my discounts for the June trip). So, that was correction number one for the APs - getting the cards at guest services a couple of weeks ago.

You can call, but it really isn't necessary.
Unless your next WDW trip is not until Jan.,
just do the correction sometime when you have some downtime during your next WDW visit.

The only time it will become "important" is near Jan. 4-11 of next year.

I hope this makes sense. Can I trade in (essentially upgrade) a 7 day park hopper at WDW for an AP voucher and not receive the actual pass then? I am going to be at WDW in Oct and want to obtain an AP voucher for my husband who won't be with me. We purchased a 7 day hopper for a trip in Dec and just added a short visit in Nov. so we want to get him an AP instead. I can't wait to get his AP in Nov or I can't make his FP for the Dec trip. I'm trying to determine if I can still apply the 7 day hopper in some way or if I should return it.

I hope this makes sense.
1. Can I trade in (essentially upgrade) a 7 day park hopper at WDW for an AP voucher and not receive the actual pass then?
I am going to be at WDW in Oct and
2. want to obtain an AP voucher for my husband who won't be with me. We purchased a 7 day hopper for a trip in Dec and just added a short visit in Nov. so we want to get him an AP instead.
3. I can't wait to get his AP in Nov or I can't make his FP for the Dec trip. I'm trying to determine if I can still apply the 7 day hopper in some way or if I should return it.

1. You want to ask to upgrade to an AP "certificate."
2. Adult guests must be present (with legal photo ID) to get an activated AP,
but you may be able to get an AP "certificate" that can then be transferred to your husband
and not activated until he is at WDW.
3. You could make 7 days worth of FP if you just keep the 7-day ticket unused and un-upgraded until
that next trip.

1. You want to ask to upgrade to an AP "certificate."
2. Adult guests must be present (with legal photo ID) to get an activated AP,
but you may be able to get an AP "certificate" that can then be transferred to your husband
and not activated until he is at WDW.
3. You could make 7 days worth of FP if you just keep the 7-day ticket unused and un-upgraded until
that next trip.

If I link the 7 day hopper to make his FP for Nov, then I wouldn't have a ticket linked to him for the Dec trip. Or would I be able to make both FP reservations because there's a 7 day hopper attached to his name? Meaning as long as 1 ticket is linked, would I be able to make both Nov and Dec. FP with it or will the system realize that there's only 1 ticket linked and only allow me to make FP for one of the trips?

If I link the 7 day hopper to make his FP for Nov, then I wouldn't have a ticket linked to him for the Dec trip. Or would I be able to make both FP reservations because there's a 7 day hopper attached to his name? Meaning as long as 1 ticket is linked, would I be able to make both Nov and Dec. FP with it or will the system realize that there's only 1 ticket linked and only allow me to make FP for one of the trips?

Make Nov. FP+ by having the 7-day ticket linked to MDE.
If you upgrade to an AP certificate during the Nov. trip,
you can make FP+ for the Dec. trip just by having the AP certificate in your MDE.

But, you said your husband won't be with you in Nov.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!