ok. Thanks. I should have typed "her tickets." Ref to Tarheel Mom's post.

OK.
When discussing or answering a post, just click on the "Reply" button at the lower right corner of the post you are discussing or answering.
Then, that post will automatically appear quoted in your new post.
Easy to see about what you are asking/discussing. ;)

:welcome: to the DISboards, Math Teacher!

OK.
When discussing or answering a post, just click on the "Reply" button at the lower right corner of the post you are discussing or answering.
Then, that post will automatically appear in your new post.
Easy to see about what you are asking/discussing. ;)

:welcome: to the Disboards, Math Teacher!
ok. I see now. Thanks!!

I'm a Gold DVC AP holder. We booked a trip the last week of March (blackout period) and plan to upgrade to Platinum passes when we arrive.

I assumed we would have to pay the full difference in cost between Gold and Platinum (no pro-rating) but a CM told me on the phone it *would* be prorated based on how many months are left on the pass. Is this true? Everything I've read here on the boards says it is not true.

I'm a Gold DVC AP holder. We booked a trip the last week of March (blackout period) and plan to upgrade to Platinum passes when we arrive.

I assumed we would have to pay the full difference in cost between Gold and Platinum (no pro-rating) but a CM told me on the phone it *would* be prorated based on how many months are left on the pass. Is this true? Everything I've read here on the boards says it is not true.

Sorry, but that is simply incorrect info.

It is a pretty sure thing that when it regards park procedures, anything that comes after the phrase "a CM told me on the phone..."
will (sadly) many times be of questionable value. ;)

It is a pretty sure thing that when it regards park procedures, anything that comes after the phrase "a CM told me on the phone..."
will (sadly) many times be of questionable value. ;)

:rolleyes: As expected!

I'd been bounced back and forth between WDW and DVC CMs by this point so i can't remember for sure who gave me the "answer", but I'm fairly sure it was a DVC CM who got the info from his manager... who probably hasn't answered a phone in years. :rotfl:

Ticket obtained as part of a
WDW Resort Package: Room booked BEFORE Feb.12,2017.

Find the full Disney 2016 price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the 2016 Price list HERE.
Subtract that 2016 price from the current 2018 full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT. 2018 Price list HERE.
Pay that difference price for the upgrade.

So: Resort Package ticket, booked BEFORE Feb.12,2017.
2-day Hopper from 2013 (2016 prices) $273.71
5-day Hopper -Current- (2018 prices) $500.55

Difference Price (cost to upgrade) $226.84
(All prices include tax.)

No guarantees, but that is the best info I've found, to date.

Thanks for the info Robo!

So we bought 5-day e-tickets from UC thinking my sister would upgrade to aP but with the price increase it’s probably not the best deal...if I buy a 3-day e-ticket for her to use this trip and want to save the 5-day until next time....do I just go to a ticket booth before we use any days and get them to remove the 5-day from her “profile”. Can I ask for that 5-day to be given back as a card? Will this affect the 3 days of Fastpasses for our trip this week?
Thanks so much!

So we bought 5-day e-tickets from UC thinking my sister would upgrade to aP but with the price increase it’s probably not the best deal...if I buy a 3-day e-ticket for her to use this trip and want to save the 5-day until next time....do I just go to a ticket booth before we use any days and get them to remove the 5-day from her “profile”. Can I ask for that 5-day to be given back as a card? Will this affect the 3 days of Fastpasses for our trip this week?
Thanks so much!

No need to do that.
After you get the new 3-day ticket put into her MDX account...
Just create a "fake name" in her MDX and transfer the 5-day ticket that she does not want to use to that other name.
Then, at a future time when she's ready to use that ticket, transfer it back to her real name.

The 3-days of booked FPs she has will "stay" under her name because she will still have a 3-day ticket
in her account.

Robo... I don't know if there is any hope for this situation but it is really sad. A dear friend and her husband were in Florida Tuesday. They live 1200 miles from Disney. They decided to visit Disney while visiting his mom. My friend had several non-expiring tickets from way back and she thought her husband had his with as well.

When they got there she found he did not have the ticket. They were going to Epcot and they weren't aware that tickets expire after 14 days now. Back when she bought you couldn't upgrade them after 14 days but they were still good for other visits.

Her husband told her to buy him the best value and she bought a four day ticket because they are going back for two days in March and one in April. She had had the CM check how many days were on her NE tickets and when purchasing the four day ticket had told the CM they were only going to be in Disney for one day.

She was happily telling me about their day and mentioned she bought her DH a four day ticket and I said, "Wait. You guys are staying multiple days?" and she said "No."

I said, "But, where are you now?" and she said "In South Carolina".

I told her the ghastly truth that the ticket would expire 14 days from first use.

She is devastated. They spent $400 for just DH's one day in Epcot. (She didn't need to buy a ticket).

I told her to keep the receipt. Maybe there is a way somehow that He could at least be upgraded to a season pass?

Is there anything she can do?

Thanks for any help/thoughts.

Robo... I don't know if there is any hope for this situation but it is really sad. A dear friend and her husband were in Florida Tuesday. They live 1200 miles from Disney. They decided to visit Disney while visiting his mom. My friend had several non-expiring tickets from way back and she thought her husband had his with as well.

When they got there she found he did not have the ticket. They were going to Epcot and they weren't aware that tickets expire after 14 days now. Back when she bought you couldn't upgrade them after 14 days but they were still good for other visits.

Her husband told her to buy him the best value and she bought a four day ticket because they are going back for two days in March and one in April. She had had the CM check how many days were on her NE tickets and when purchasing the four day ticket had told the CM they were only going to be in Disney for one day.

She was happily telling me about their day and mentioned she bought her DH a four day ticket and I said, "Wait. You guys are staying multiple days?" and she said "No."

I said, "But, where are you now?" and she said "In South Carolina".

I told her the ghastly truth that the ticket would expire 14 days from first use.

She is devastated. They spent $400 for just DH's one day in Epcot. (She didn't need to buy a ticket).

I told her to keep the receipt. Maybe there is a way somehow that He could at least be upgraded to a season pass?

Is there anything she can do?

"Officially," no.
The rules are "no ticket refunds" and "no upgrading to AP after a guest has returned home,"
but it never hurts to "ask nicely."

She should eMail or call Disney Guest Relations and carefully explain the situation (just as was done in this post.)

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

WDW Ticketing (407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

You never know what might happen on a case-by-case basis.
Please post back with the outcome.

Last edited:
"Officially," no.
The rules are "no ticket refunds" and "no upgrading to AP after a guest has returned home,"
but it never hurts to "ask nicely."

She should eMail or call Disney Guest Relations and carefully explain the situation (just as was done in this post.)

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

WDW Ticketing (407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

You never know what might happen on a case-by-case basis.
Please post back with the outcome.

Thank you so much. I will give her the information and report back. :)

For the upcoming trip, my family will have a 4 days Park Hopper Plus tix.
Does anyone know if we can visit the water park a day before we visit one of the four major theme parks??
The plan is to visit the water park only on the arrival day.
TIA!

For the upcoming trip, my family will have a 4 days Park Hopper Plus tix.
Does anyone know if we can visit the water park a day before we visit one of the four major theme parks??
The plan is to visit the water park only on the arrival day.
TIA!

You can use the ticket entitlements in any order that you choose.

The Water Park visits and the Theme Park visits do not "interact" in any way.

Is there any way to view past (used) tickets on MDE?

I just found out that a multi-day ticket (no expiration date) was used for park admission, though there was a valid Pass linked to MDE. Now, I'm concerned that other unused tickets were also used for park admission, though there was a valid Pass properly linked to MDE, at the time.

When buying/renewing the Pass at a park, I usually question the prioritizing of Pass/tickets, but am told it's okay.

Is there any way to view past (used) tickets on MDE?

I just found out that a multi-day ticket (no expiration date) was used for park admission, though there was a valid Pass linked to MDE. Now, I'm concerned that other unused tickets were also used for park admission, though there was a valid Pass properly linked to MDE, at the time.

When buying/renewing the Pass at a park, I usually question the prioritizing of Pass/tickets, but am told it's okay.

How did you "find out" that a multi-day ticket (no expiration date) was used for park admission,
instead of another ticket?

Is every ticket that was SUPPOSED to be used on that trip no longer visible in your MDX account?
Is every ticket that was NOT supposed to be used on that trip still visible in your MDX account?

How did you "find out" that a multi-day ticket (no expiration date) was used for park admission,
instead of another ticket?

Is every ticket that was SUPPOSED to be used on that trip no longer visible in your MDX account?
Is every ticket that was NOT supposed to be used on that trip still visible in your MDX account?
I called today, and a CM verified it (he spoke with Ticketing and told me it was used July 2017), the second month of my renewed AP). I think he could easily see the usage. I did not think of asking him to check other ticket usage, since my first AP was purchased. The AP was purchased right before I entered the park, and I used it immediately.

The reason I wanted to see the ticket activity was to be sure that there was no other improper ticket usage, while there was an active AP. Under the circumstances, I would prefer not to rely on my memory (or have to dig through to find records) of other unused tickets. I remembered the ten day pass as having four remaining days, as there was no way I would ever use that ticket, while having other valid tickets or passes.

The only current listing under Tickets and Passes that I can see is my AP. I've had an AP for two years.

I called today, and a CM verified it (he spoke with Ticketing and told me it was used July 2017), the second month of my renewed AP). I think he could easily see the usage. I did not think of asking him to check other ticket usage...

No reason to not call back.

You could call WDW Ticketing directly at
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat.

We bought two one day tickets a few weeks ago while at WDW. Unfortunately, due to sickness, we could not use them. Expiration date is 12/31/18. It was value day tickets for Epcot. If we return on a day that is not a value day, can we use them or can we pay a difference?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts