I've always done it in person. But I think if it's an unused ticket bought directly from Disney , or authorized direct purchase, it can be done over the phone.Tickets from Underover Tourist or AAA, though authorized resellers, are not upgradable over the phone.
..And they have to be unused to upgrade. Meaning if you used any days of these tickets, the other days expired 14 days after first use. I think I read, you bought these in 2017, so they aren't the really old no expire days type tickets where leftover days could be used anytime until depleted. But if unused and purchased in 2017 they expire Dec 2018.

Last edited:
Checking into All Star Movies on March 3rd, but staying offsite on March 2nd. I'm Canadian so our Magic Bands have to be picked up at resort. Am I able to pick up our Magic Bands on the 2nd in order to use a ticket for a park on the 2nd? Thanks for any help.

Checking into All Star Movies on March 3rd, but staying offsite on March 2nd. I'm Canadian so our Magic Bands have to be picked up at resort. Am I able to pick up our Magic Bands on the 2nd in order to use a ticket for a park on the 2nd? Thanks for any help.
Don’t know.
But, you don’t actually need a MB to go to a park if you stop by a ticket booth and pick up plastic RFID tickets .

Hello Robo :)

I am buying tickets from the "old" stock and intend on upgrading the tickets to annual passes. At the very least the value of the ticket will be what I paid for the ticket from the "old" stock beyond that is still questionable at this point? What we do know is we can still upgrade tickets from third party sellers? So I have nothing to lose by buying from a third party? Lastly do tickets still have to be used once to be able to bridge? Thanks in advance! :)

1. I am buying tickets from the "old" stock and intend on upgrading the tickets to annual passes.
2. At the very least the value of the ticket will be what I paid for the ticket from the "old" stock beyond that is still questionable at this point?
3. What we do know is we can still upgrade tickets from third party sellers?
4. So I have nothing to lose by buying from a third party?
5. Lastly do tickets still have to be used once to be able to bridge? Thanks in advance! :)
1. OK.
2. The value would be the DISNEY price of the same kind of ticket on the date the ticket was minted.
3. Correct.
4. Best value is to actually USE the ticket, "as-is."
5. No. (But, you CAN do so, without detriment to the value.)

Upgrade Procedure (as it looks to be, now)-

Ticket bought from an Authorized Reseller/Discounter:
Created BETWEEN Feb.12,2017 - Feb.11,2018
---
Find the full Disney 2017 price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the 2017 Price list HERE.
Subtract that 2017 price from the current 2018 full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT. 2018 Price list HERE.
Pay that difference price for the upgrade.

I may have missed this, but does anyone recommend an authorized reseller besides UT? I am looking to buy tickets that still have the old price and it appears that UT is now sold out of them. I have seen a couple of websites that are still showing the old price, but I am nervous especially since I have only ever purchased tickets direct from Disney. Thank you for your help!

I may have missed this, but does anyone recommend an authorized reseller besides UT? I am looking to buy tickets that still have the old price and it appears that UT is now sold out of them. I have seen a couple of websites that are still showing the old price, but I am nervous especially since I have only ever purchased tickets direct from Disney. Thank you for your help!

The resellers are authorized by Disney.
Disney sells these resellers/discounters real WDW tickets at at discount,
and the resellers sell those tickets to the public.

There are many authorized resellers of WDW tickets.
Example:

Parksavers.com
MapleLeafTickets.com
BoardwalkTicketing.com

I recently purchased our 6 day (non-PH) tickets to get ion before the price increase. I work for a Disney "sponsor" so I receive a discount on tickets directly though Disney so I only paid $343 per ticket (+ tax).

Now I am being relocated to Jacksonville in March, and I will be a Florida resident soon (yayyyyyy!!!!!). We will want to purchase Gold APs, and would prefer to do it ASAP so that I can book FP at 60 days for our Memorial Day trip, booked well before we knew about the relo.

Can I call and upgrade over the phone? Do I need to prove FL residency to do that (I won't have my new license, etc for another month or so)? Will I see any benefit to having purchased at a discount or before the price change?

I recently purchased our 6 day (non-PH) tickets to get ion before the price increase. I work for a Disney "sponsor" so I receive a discount on tickets directly though Disney so I only paid $343 per ticket (+ tax).

Now I am being relocated to Jacksonville in March, and I will be a Florida resident soon (yayyyyyy!!!!!). We will want to purchase Gold APs, and would prefer to do it ASAP so that I can book FP at 60 days for our Memorial Day trip, booked well before we knew about the relo.

Can I call and upgrade over the phone? Do I need to prove FL residency to do that (I won't have my new license, etc for another month or so)? Will I see any benefit to having purchased at a discount or before the price change?

How many days will you be spending at WDW parks on your upcoming trip?

Only spending 6 park days on this trip.

Then, I would not bother to try to change your ticket to an AP until your trip to WDW.
(Which was the reason I asked about your number of days this trip.)

Just use your current ticket to book your advance FPs and you'll be fine.
After you arrive, you can upgrade to AP, and your FPs will remain intact.

I recently purchased our 6 day (non-PH) tickets to get ion before the price increase. I work for a Disney "sponsor" so I receive a discount on tickets directly though Disney so I only paid $343 per ticket (+ tax)...

Will I see any benefit to having purchased at a discount or before the price change?

I don't know what kind of "deal" they will offer on your tickets, as if they are discounted by working for a "sponsor,"
I'll assume that you did buy "directly from Disney," and tickets bought from Disney are not price-bridged.

If that's the case, you would likely need to pay the difference between what you PAID for your current tickets,
and the current cost of a new AP of the type you will be choosing.

(If your employer keeps a supply of tickets on-hand for the purpose of selling to
the employees, that could be a different matter.)

Last edited:
I am so confused about the whole price-bridging thing, can someone please help? Here is my situation. I bought 2-day PH tickets in 2013 as part of a Disney package for free dining. I had already purchased 7-day tickets from UT so we used those instead of the 2-day tickets (had CM at Disney Springs remove the 2-day tickets from our reservation so they would not be used). Now I'd like to do a room-only reservation and use the 2-day tickets but add more days. Do I need to enter the park before I upgrade the tickets in order to keep the pricing from 2013 or is that no longer an option? Thanks for your help!

I am so confused about the whole price-bridging thing, can someone please help? Here is my situation.

1. I bought 2-day PH tickets in 2013 as part of a Disney package for free dining. I had already purchased 7-day tickets from UT so we used those instead of the 2-day tickets
2. (had CM at Disney Springs remove the 2-day tickets from our reservation so they would not be used).
3. Now I'd like to do a room-only reservation and use the 2-day tickets but add more days.
4. Do I need to enter the park before I upgrade the tickets in order to keep the pricing from 2013 or is that no longer an option?

1. OK.
2. I'm not sure what that means, but you should still be OK.
Where are your 2013 tickets right now?
3. OK.
4. Nope. Won't matter if you do or don't.

Do you need help in determining how much the upgrade should cost?
If so, can you tell me how many more days you want to add to the 2-day ticket?

I have the plastic tickets at home and am looking to add 3 days - so I will have 5 days total on the tickets.

I have the plastic tickets at home and am looking to add 3 days - so I will have 5 days total on the tickets.

Ticket obtained as part of a
WDW Resort Package: Room booked BEFORE Feb.12,2017.

Find the full Disney 2016 price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the 2016 Price list HERE.
Subtract that 2016 price from the current 2018 full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT. 2018 Price list HERE.
Pay that difference price for the upgrade.

So: Resort Package ticket, booked BEFORE Feb.12,2017.
2-day Hopper from 2013 (2016 prices) $273.71
5-day Hopper -Current- (2018 prices) $500.55

Difference Price (cost to upgrade) $226.84
(All prices include tax.)

No guarantees, but that is the best info I've found, to date.

Last edited:
Just curious if it makes a difference if his tickets were purchased directly from Disney or from a broker (UT)? Just still hoping my tickets purchased from UT at 2016 prices might be bridged to 2017 prices? Thanks!

Just curious if it makes a difference if his tickets were purchased directly from Disney or from a broker (UT)? Just still hoping my tickets purchased from UT at 2016 prices might be bridged to 2017 prices? Thanks!

About what post/poster are you asking?

For the upgrade cost, it does make a difference if tickets were purchased directly from Disney or from an authorized reseller/discounter.

Tickets bought via a WDW Resort Package are NOT considered purchased "directly from Disney."
(Resort Package tickets are considered to be "third party discounted" tickets.)

UT tickets will be price-bridged.
If they are 2016 tickets, they will be brought up to the full "2016 Disney Price"
for the kind of ticket that was bought in 2016.
Then, that value subtracted from the CURRENT 2018 price.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!