First time AP holder here
1. (Thanks Robo - upgraded this past Thursday, and calculations matched to the exact penny thanks to all of your help). During the upgrade, the CAM asked if I wanted to opt into communications from WDW regarding AP news, promotions, etc. I responded Yes, and he confirmed my email address.

2. I have not received any email from WDW confirming that I am now an AP. I didn't know if this was standard procedure or anything, and the CM didn't offer up much other information and also didn't reference any websites or pamphlets with pertinent info. It shows up correctly within my MDE. Is there somewhere I should look regarding the AP Magicband I will be receiving, or does it just get sent to my home automatically? Sorry about the newbie questions, I just thought there would be more communications forthcoming...

Thanks everyone!
1. Great news!
2. Don't sweat the lack of eMail at this time.
If and when they add an "offer" you should get a notification at that time.

Probably a stupid question. We have 8 days in September booked. We were planning on one park a day tickets, but there is one day we might want to hop.
Could be buy a 9-day ticket and use 2 of those days for 2 parks on one day? It would be cheaper than upgrading to a hopper.

Probably a stupid question. We have 8 days in September booked. We were planning on one park a day tickets, but there is one day we might want to hop.
Could be buy a 9-day ticket and use 2 of those days for 2 parks on one day? It would be cheaper than upgrading to a hopper.

No, sorry. Disney’s knows it’s cheaper, and their admission system will not allow it.

1. A completely personal decision.
I, myself, like to spend as many days in the parks, per trip, as I can.

2.3. 4. (The below assumes that there is no ticket price increase between the time that you buy your original tickets and when you make your trip to WDW.)
It will cost the same amount to add another day to a 5-day ticket (making it into a 6-day ticket) at any point during your trip,
as it will to buy the 6-day ticket to begin-with. So, no "savings" or "loss," money-wise.
But, what you will lose is the ability to make any advance FP+ for that 6th day until you do
add that extra day.
You can ADD the Hopper option at any time during the trip (if you decide you want it) for the same cost as buying it before the trip.

Thanks for the reply.
Decisions....Decisions!!!

We purchased 5-day tickets back in 2010, saving for a future trip, but ended up buying additional 2-day MYW tickets so we could have free dining. Never activated the 2-day tickets. So now we want to upgrade them from 2 to 6 days. They would be worth $215.13 each, according to the chart you linked. A new 6-day ticket right now is $390 plus tax, which would be $415.35. So, we pay a difference of about $200 per ticket? Did I do that right???

We purchased 5-day tickets back in 2010, saving for a future trip, but ended up buying additional 2-day MYW tickets so we could have free dining. Never activated the 2-day tickets. So now we want to upgrade them from 2 to 6 days.
1. They would be worth $215.13 each, according to the chart you linked.
2. A new 6-day ticket right now is $390 plus tax, which would be $415.35.
3. So, we pay a difference of about $200 per ticket? Did I do that right???
1. Yes (if they are BASE tickets) $215.13, including tax.
2. Yes. That's $415.35, including tax
3. Correct!

Base tickets, as in not Hopper or AP? They're good for one park per day, came with dining plan and room package.

Base tickets, as in not Hopper or AP? They're good for one park per day, came with dining plan and room package.

"Base" means no "Hopper" or "plus" features (Water Parks and more.)

The "minimum tickets" required for the purchase of some Resort Packages have changed over time.
But, you likely have "base" tickets.

First time AP holder here (Thanks Robo - upgraded this past Thursday, and calculations matched to the exact penny thanks to all of your help). During the upgrade, the CAM asked if I wanted to opt into communications from WDW regarding AP news, promotions, etc. I responded Yes, and he confirmed my email address.

I have not received any email from WDW confirming that I am now an AP. I didn't know if this was standard procedure or anything, and the CM didn't offer up much other information and also didn't reference any websites or pamphlets with pertinent info. It shows up correctly within my MDE. Is there somewhere I should look regarding the AP Magicband I will be receiving, or does it just get sent to my home automatically? Sorry about the newbie questions, I just thought there would be more communications forthcoming...

Thanks everyone!

What happened with your MM? I remember we'd discussed that briefly earlier. Was it refunded outright or was the "refund" rolled into the price against the AP? (I've figured my amounts both ways assuming the price doesn't go up before my trip, so I just want to be prepared.)

"Base" means no "Hopper" or "plus" features (Water Parks and more.)

The "minimum tickets" required for the purchase of some Resort Packages have changed over time.
But, you likely have "base" tickets.
Thanks for your help. I feel better having a ballpark figure to go with after reading some previous posts. Now I can update my budget!

Hi,

I just bought tickets at undercover tourists and linked to my magic band no problem! My sis n law has never been to Disney and doesn't have nor wants a magic band (we are staying at the Swan) she too bought the eticket at undercover tourist and linked them in her MDE account so we can do our FP's. My question is this....does she bring her eticket with her and go up to Guest Services to get a hard ticket for the duration of our trip??? I have never done this before so I am clueless as I always stay on property with magic bands. Thanks!

Hi,

I just bought tickets at undercover tourists and linked to my magic band no problem! My sis n law has never been to Disney and doesn't have nor wants a magic band (we are staying at the Swan) she too bought the eticket at undercover tourist and linked them in her MDE account so we can do our FP's. My question is this....does she bring her eticket with her and go up to Guest Services to get a hard ticket for the duration of our trip???

Yes.
Very easy.

Question about Florida Residence Tickets: Last year, I stayed at All-Star Resort and they verified my florida residency at the hotel so that I could get the discounted hotel rate. However, for the tickets, I had to take my proof of residency to the theme park and activate the tickets at the gate. Is this common?

It seemed very unusual to me that I would have to show proof of residency twice. (Also, it was annoying to have to wait in line at the theme park).

Question about Florida Residence Tickets: Last year, I stayed at All-Star Resort and they verified my florida residency at the hotel so that I could get the discounted hotel rate. However, for the tickets, I had to take my proof of residency to the theme park and activate the tickets at the gate.
Is this common?

Yes.

Any rumors yet about the usual upcoming ticket price increases? Just looked on Undercover Tourist's site and at the top of their homepage it says buy now and lock in our lowest prices and that the undercover tourist annual price increase is coming soon.

Any rumors yet about the usual upcoming ticket price increases? Just looked on Undercover Tourist's site and at the top of their homepage it says buy now and lock in our lowest prices and that the undercover tourist annual price increase is coming soon.

Only the one you mentioned.

BYW, "buying ahead" (and upgrading those tickets) did not turn out to be such a good plan last year.
So, if you want to "buy ahead" now, it may be best to buy exactly the tickets you know you will want to use in the next 20 months, or so.

I am soooooooooooooooooo excited....I think we are going to AP's for the first time soon!!!!! So here is my question. My DH and I will be traveling to Disney in April with 2 other couples to go to the Eagles/Jimmy Buffet concert :rockband:. We are going to be onsite as one of the other couples has vacation club that we are going to all be staying at. We are also traveling down in Nov. with my family to celebrate our DS's 21st bday. If I have it figured out correctly we would be saving money or at least not spending more if we got an AP [figured 3 day ticket in April and at least 5 days in Nov.].....
So my question then is this. How will this work when we bring the kids in Nov as we are not planning on getting them an AP [bad parents]. Can we purchase discounted tickets for things like the MVMCP for all of us if only the 2 of us have AP's? Are there discounted park tickets that AP's can purchase for quests traveling with them? I have been trying to read and figure things out but not 100% sure on everything.
Thanks for any input.
Fingers crossed this all works out!

So if my ultimate goal would have been to upgrade to an AP anyway, am I just better off buying the AP voucher now rather than buying a park hopper from UT now and do the AP upgrade on my first trip?

and just so someone with much more knowledge and experience than me can double check my logic....
Plan: purchasing 3 dy base ticket for UCT for $298. 5dy PH for Nov. would be $450
AP = $779
even though it is $31 more for the AP the benefits would be worth it in my book AND since we are saving a bit of $$ using UCT it helps to balance out [kinda hard when you are not comparing apples to apples]

So if we pre-purchase our 3dy from UCT for $298 and then upgrade when we get there we would pay the difference based on the the Disney price of the 3 day... [$307.79]
Subtract that from $779 which would be $471.21 then add 6.25% in tax..

So based on that...is it worth it to do the AP?
We may actually do more days in Nov depending on if we decide to purchase points and fly down prior to the whole family arriving on the 20th.

How will this work when we bring the kids in Nov as we are not planning on getting them an AP [bad parents].
1. Can we purchase discounted tickets for things like the MVMCP for all of us if only the 2 of us have AP's?
2. Are there discounted park tickets that AP's can purchase for quests traveling with them
1. Yes, if the party night that you choose offers AP discounted tickets.
2. Sorry, no.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter