1. Doubtful.
Does the AP show in your MDE that it expires on 30 Jan.?
If it does then, you should be able to use the AP thru that date.

2. No.

Thanks, that's what I thought.

Yes, it shows the AP expiring on 30 Jan. Which is correct. I was just curious why it would let me make FP+ reservations for a couple more days. Unsure if I'm even going to be there that week, but if I am, I will try and use it on the 31st just to see what happens. Seems like they are pretty accurate with the ticket dates and everything inside MDE.

Does anyone else with an AP see this discrepancy and/or get in after theirs expired?

Last edited:
I know many times Disney raises prices in February. We are planning on going to Disney in November 2019 and was looking to buy those tickets now before the increase. Any idea when Disney will change their website for the expiration to move from 12/31/18 to 12/31/19?

DH and I have APs and are going to WDW at the end of January. We bought UCT tickets for our children for a trip in March. I may want to add a day or two to their tickets. Can I do that when we are at WDW in January? Or do I have to wait until March?

I know many times Disney raises prices in February. We are planning on going to Disney in November 2019 and was looking to buy those tickets now before the increase. Any idea when Disney will change their website for the expiration to move from 12/31/18 to 12/31/19?
The probability is very high that they will move the expiration date.

DH and I have APs and are going to WDW at the end of January. We bought UCT tickets for our children for a trip in March.
I may want to add a day or two to their tickets.
Can I do that when we are at WDW in January?
Yes

I didn't check today before I posted. I checked now and they did move it to 12/31/19.

I didn't check today before I posted. I checked now and they did move it to 12/31/19.

Where did you check?
The WDW Tickets Page still says 12/31/18.

The 1-Day Ticket: Magic Kingdom Park is valid for one admission to Magic Kingdom park on a date that is valid for the ticket type (Peak, Regular or Value). This ticket must be used on or before December 31, 2018 and is not valid at Epcot or Disney’s Hollywood Studios or Disney’s Animal Kingdom park.

The 1-Day Ticket: Epcot or Disney’s Hollywood Studios or Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park is valid for one admission to any one of these 3 parks on a date that is valid for the ticket type (Peak, Regular or Value). This ticket must be used on or before December 31, 2018 and is not valid at Magic Kingdom park.

Multi-day tickets are valid for one theme park per day for each day of the ticket. The first use must be on or before December 31, 2018.

Multi-day tickets and any options purchased must be used within 14 days of first use, except for Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Tickets. Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Tickets expire 6 months after first use. First use must occur on or before December 31, 2018.

Where did you check?
The WDW Tickets Page still says 12/31/18.
When I go here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tickets/.

I see this:

Tickets and any options purchased must be used within 14 days of first use. The first day of use must be on or before December 31, 2019. Park Hopper and Park Hopper Plus Options include same-day admission to all 4 theme parks on each day of your ticket. In addition, the Park Hopper Plus Option includes a certain number of visits to a water park or other Walt Disney World fun. Water Parks subject to rehabilitation, season and weather closures. Tee times are required for Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course and are subject to availability. View Details

That is weird. When I click your think I get the 2018 date you show. But here is the screenshot that I get when I go to the ticket site directly.

upload_2018-1-18_13-43-30.png

That is weird. When I click your think I get the 2018 date you show. But here is the screenshot that I get when I go to the ticket site directly.
If you scroll to the bottom of the page (past the total and the 'Continue' button), there it still shows a 12/31/2018 first use by date. Looks like Disney hasn't fully updated the webpages.

Hoping for help on this one — we have unused 2day PH tickets we had to purchase for our free dining offer from last year. Since we have an AP, we didn’t need them but would like to apply the cost of those tickets to our AP renewal. They are listed on MDX. We will be at Disney in April, but leaving a couple of days before the 60-day renewal window. Will we be able to renew online or over the phone, and still apply those tickets to our renewal cost?
Would you mind reporting back on this and letting me know if you have any problems in April? I am in the same situation with 2 day tickets from a free dining trip in August. We have APs that will expire mid-August. While visiting over Christmas, I upgraded the tickets to 10 day in case we decide to go later in the summer (still within our renewal window). A guest relations CM (International Gateway) said that guests would no longer be allowed to apply MYW tickets to AP renewals and that they could only be used to purchase a new AP. He wrote something down on a white piece of paper for my "magical file" and said it would allow me to use my tickets for AP renewals in August, but that would not work for future trips. I didn't know I had a "magical file", so I was a little confused. Maybe I did something wrong by upgrading the tickets from 2 to 10 days? Just interested to hear how your experience goes to give myself a better idea of what to expect on our trip later this year. TIA.

1. A guest relations CM (International Gateway) said that guests would no longer be allowed to apply MYW tickets to AP renewals and that they could only be used to purchase a new AP.
2. He wrote something down on a white piece of paper for my "magical file" and said it would allow me to use my tickets for AP renewals in August, but that would not work for future trips. I didn't know I had a "magical file", so I was a little confused.
3. Maybe I did something wrong by upgrading the tickets from 2 to 10 days?
4. Just interested to hear how your experience goes to give myself a better idea of what to expect on our trip later this year. TIA.
1. No reason to think that Disney would suddenly rather guests NOT spend a lot more money by purchasing (and using) an AP upgrade.
2. It's just your "guest file." Everyone who has dealt with Disney (beyond just basic tickets) has a guest file in the computer.
3. Nope.
4. Always good to hear reports, magical and not so magical. (I'm not kidding.)
But, just know that reports (like your experience in this post) don't
necessarily mean that what happened on X date is what is "supposed to happen,"
or that is should be what will happen the next time a different CM is approached
to handle a similar procedure.

I'm read the information about upgrading tickets, but before I decided whether or not to add an extra day, I want to make sure I know how much it will cost. Last February, I purchased 2 7 day PH tickets from Undercover Tourist before the price increase for a total of $836 (including tax).
On the Disney site the current price for two 7 day PH is $1033.06 (including tax)
The current price for two 8 day PH is $1056.36 (including tax)
What price will I pay to add an 8th day to my 7 day PHs? I booked a later flight and trying to decide whether or not it will be worth it to add a day so we can visit a park on our departure day. I've never had to add day after buying tickets so this is all new to me.

Can someone please clarify for me? I bought 5 day PH tickets in March of '16 from UT. They were leftover tix from before the price hike that occurred around the same time. My intention was to possibly add a 6th day or the Water Park option to them when we visit the parks this summer. I called UT yesterday and they told me that the price to upgrade to either option would be the current value of the new desired ticket, less the CURRENT value of the ticket in my hand. But in reading this thread, it appears that things have changed and I will only receive the value actually paid to put towards the desired new ticket. When I asked about this, she said that since I bought the tickets before the change in policy, that my tickets would be grandfathered in. Please tell me she is right?? Otherwise the upgrades will be just too expensive:(

Thank you for all the knowledge shared on this thread!

I'm read the information about upgrading tickets, but before I decided whether or not to add an extra day, I want to make sure I know how much it will cost. Last February, I purchased 2 7 day PH tickets from Undercover Tourist before the price increase for a total of $836 (including tax).
On the Disney site the current price for two 7 day PH is $1033.06 (including tax)
The current price for two 8 day PH is $1056.36 (including tax)
What price will I pay to add an 8th day to my 7 day PHs? I booked a later flight and trying to decide whether or not it will be worth it to add a day so we can visit a park on our departure day. I've never had to add day after buying tickets so this is all new to me.
For upgrading, it doesn’t matter what you paid for the UT tickets.
Each will be worth $467.54 in the upgrade.
So, subtract 467.54 from 527.18 and that’s what upgrading to an 8-day PH will cost (unless there is a price increase before your trip.)

Last edited:
Can someone please clarify for me? I bought 5 day PH tickets in March of '16 from UT. They were leftover tix from before the price hike that occurred around the same time. My intention was to possibly add a 6th day or the Water Park option to them when we visit the parks this summer.
1. I called UT yesterday and they told me that the price to upgrade to either option would be the current value of the new desired ticket, less the CURRENT value of the ticket in my hand.
2. But in reading this thread, it appears that things have changed and I will only receive the value actually paid to put towards the desired new ticket.
3. When I asked about this, she said that since I bought the tickets before the change in policy, that my tickets would be grandfathered in. Please tell me she is right??
4. Otherwise the upgrades will be just too expensive:(

Thank you for all the knowledge shared on this thread!
1. Sorry, but no.
2. That’s not what my info says, however.
3. Nope.
Your UT tickets will be worth (in the upgrade transaction) what the DISNEY price was just prior to Feb. 12, 2017. Those prices are found at a link I provided in the “Upgrading Tickets” post in the Tickets Sticky.
4. Some upgrades can be rather costly.

1. Sorry, but no.
2. That’s not what my info says, however.
3. Nope.
Your UT tickets will be worth (in the upgrade transaction) what the DISNEY price was just prior to Feb. 12, 2017. Those prices are found at a link I provided in the “Upgrading Tickets” post in the Tickets Sticky.
4. Some upgrades can be rather costly.

I was pretty certain she was wrong! Bummer that things changed since time of purchase. Thanks for confirming....

A follow-up to my question… Just to add insult to injury…

So if I just want to add the waterpark feature to my 5 day PH, I still need to pay the price difference to the current 5 day PH pass before I pay to add the waterpark feature? Thanks again.

A follow-up to my question… Just to add insult to injury…

So if I just want to add the waterpark feature to my 5 day PH, I still need to pay the price difference to the current 5 day PH pass before I pay to add the waterpark feature? Thanks again.

Yes.

5-Day PH PLUS (with Water Parks and More) Current Price: $489.90
-Minus-
5-Day PH (Disney price prior to Feb. 12, 2017) $435.59
-Equals-
Price to upgrade (including tax) $54.31

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter