I have a question about tickets that my dad bought at MWR (Military office on base). He was supposed to get a 4 day ticket, but was confused and bought a 3 day ticket. He took them back out to see if he could get 4 day tickets instead and they told him that he would have to add the day once at the parks. This is throwing me for a loop with fastpasses, but oh well. How much will it cost him to add the day. Looking at the price sheet that he had sent me it looks like a 4 day hopper with military discount is 205.50 at MWR. It appears that he bought a Florida Resident 3 day non hopper for the $195.50. I am hoping that he is not going to have to pay more than that $10 difference. We don't plan on hopping, so that is not really an issue. Does he need to use the ticket the first day and then add the day?

Looking at the Disney website, the difference between a 3 day fl res nonhopper and 4 day fl res nonhopper is $20.

Thanks so much for any insight in this situation!

I have a question about tickets that my dad bought at MWR (Military office on base). He was supposed to get a 4 day ticket, but was confused and bought a 3 day ticket. He took them back out to see if he could get 4 day tickets instead and they told him that he would have to add the day once at the parks. This is throwing me for a loop with fastpasses, but oh well. How much will it cost him to add the day.
1. Looking at the price sheet that he had sent me it looks like a 4 day hopper with military discount is 205.50 at MWR.
It appears that he bought a Florida Resident 3 day non hopper for the $195.50. I am hoping that he is not going to have to pay more than that $10 difference. We don't plan on hopping, so that is not really an issue.
3. Does he need to use the ticket the first day and then add the day?

Thanks so much for any insight in this situation!
1. Sounds reasonable.
2. Sorry, I don't know how the military tickets work.
3. Nope. (That, I do know.)

I just posted this question on a different spot, but think this might be the correct place. I have an annual pass which I am saving until next year to use. I have a multi day ticket which I want to use on this next trip in December. How do I tell the system which ticket to activate at the tap style? I do not want my annual pass activated on this trip. Also, does it matter which ticket is recognized when making my FP+?

Thanks so much for the help!

I just posted this question on a different spot, but think this might be the correct place. I have an annual pass which I am saving until next year to use. I have a multi day ticket which I want to use on this next trip in December. How do I tell the system which ticket to activate at the tap style? I do not want my annual pass activated on this trip. Also, does it matter which ticket is recognized when making my FP+?

Thanks so much for the help!

In general, create a "fake person" (make up a name) in your MDX account and put/transfer your new, used ticket under that name.

HOWEVER... In YOUR current case, there is no way that you can accidentally use a newly-purchased AP,
as it must be ACTIVATED IN PERSON (with a legal photo ID) at a WDW Guest Relations before it will work for park admission.

I have a ticket question that I need some clarification on

My parents have a trip at the end of the month with 10 day park hoppers.

My mom is joining me in Jan, we have a package with 5 day park hoppers.

Family trip again in June with Military room only NO tickets.

Since we need tickets for June, I'm trying to convince parents to upgrade to AP before they leave in Nov which solves the ticket problem for June.

However, now that mom has an AP, what will that do to her 5 day park hopper in Jan? I "think" we can prioritize to use her AP when we arrive in Jan and that leaves the 5 day park hopper just sitting in MDE correct? Is it possible to re-assign it for the trip in June to another person?

My parents have a trip at the end of the month with 10 day park hoppers
My mom is joining me in Jan, we have a package with 5 day park hoppers.
Family trip again in June with Military room only NO tickets.
1. Since we need tickets for June, I'm trying to convince parents to upgrade to AP before they leave in Nov which solves the ticket problem for June.
However, now that mom has an AP, what will that do to her 5 day park hopper in Jan?
2. I "think" we can prioritize to use her AP when we arrive in Jan and that leaves the 5 day park hopper just sitting in MDE correct?
3. Is it possible to re-assign it for the trip in June to another person?
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes, transfer to a "real" other person so that (s)he can use those new tickets.
OR... create a "fake person" (make up a name) in the MDX account and transfer the new unused 5-day ticket under that name.

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes, transfer to a "real" other person so that (s)he can use those new tickets.
OR... create a "fake person" (make up a name) in the MDX account and transfer the new unused 5-day ticket under that name.

Thanks

We have 7 day base tickets for a trip in December. This is our first trip and, no surprise to most of you, I've been bit by the Disney bug and am already thinking about future trips. We may have the opportunity to take 3 more trips in the next 365 days from our first trip. Thinking 5 days in April, 2 days before a cruise in October, and 5-6 days in late November-early December. If we go that many times, it definitely makes sense to just go ahead and upgrade to AP. However, I'm hesitant to do it on day one of our trip in December in case we realize we don't LOVE Disney like I think we will. Would hate to spend that money upfront and then decide a few days in that this isn't where we want to spend most of our vacation time over the next year.

My question is, if we have base tickets and memory maker on this trip and then decide halfway through the trip that we want to upgrade, will they apply the price of the memory maker to my AP? I know we would lose out on the added benefit of park hoppers and some merchandise/dining discounts if we don't upgrade immediately, but I'm ok with that for those days since our days are already planned without park hoppers.

if we have base tickets and memory maker on this trip and then decide halfway through the trip that we want to upgrade,
1. will they apply the price of the memory maker to my AP?
I know we would lose out on the added benefit of park hoppers and some merchandise/dining discounts if we don't upgrade immediately, but
2. I'm ok with that for those days since our days are already planned without park hoppers.
1. Yes.
2. Sounds like you've got a good handle on this.
Have fun!

So for our upcoming trip I had gotten DH a 6-day park hopper. At the time we were thinking of going to USO so I figured that was enough, but plans have now changed. I have a ticket for the Christmas party on the 10th, and I know you can get in at 4 (usually) with just a party ticket, but the more we talk the more economical we figure it would be just to add another day to his 6-day ticket and do some park hopping before the party. My question is, which is easier, to upgrade the tickets on our first day when we get to the park (before he activates it), or is it to call Disney and have them do it ahead of time? I don't really want to pay for a WHOLE one-day ticket, I just want to pay the difference that it going from to six-day to a seven day. Does that make sense? I've only upgraded a multi-day ticket to an AP, so I am thinking it works the same way but I want to make sure.

I appreciate the help!

So for our upcoming trip I had gotten DH a 6-day park hopper. At the time we were thinking of going to USO so I figured that was enough, but plans have now changed. I have a ticket for the Christmas party on the 10th, and I know you can get in at 4 (usually) with just a party ticket, but the more we talk the more economical we figure it would be just to add another day to his 6-day ticket and do some park hopping before the party. My question is,

1. which is easier, to upgrade the tickets on our first day when we get to the park (before he activates it), or
2. is it to call Disney and have them do it ahead of time?
3. I don't really want to pay for a WHOLE one-day ticket,
4. I just want to pay the difference that it going from to six-day to a seven day.
5. Does that make sense?
6. I've only upgraded a multi-day ticket to an AP, so I am thinking it works the same way but I want to make sure.
1. That would be very easy.
2. You can do that if (IF) you bought the ticket directly from Disney.
It may be more of a hassle, but some guests have done so.
It has the advantage of allowing you to pre-book FP+ for that added day.
3. You won't have to do that, no matter how you upgrade.
4, 5, 6. Yup.

It looks like I am going to upgrade my military salute ticket when I arrive next month. I know I can do that , no problem. However, I had bought an additional one day ticket to use this trip and will no longer need it if I upgrade. Am I able to trade in both the Salute and one day ticket for my AP?

Thanks!

Be sure to read my response to your #2 question.
Oh I see you added a response. I figured your answer for #2 was the same as #1, mostly because I DID buy the ticket from Disney directly, so that's why I left calling as an option.

It looks like I am going to upgrade my military salute ticket when I arrive next month. I know I can do that , no problem. However, I had bought an additional one day ticket to use this trip and will no longer need it if I upgrade.
Am I able to trade in both the Salute and one day ticket for my AP?

Sorry, but no.
Upgrades are strictly "one-to-one."

You can continue to hold onto that one-day ticket and use it to help pay for your AP renewal
(or any other ticket use) in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter