All About Pixar October 2019 Exercise Challenge

Got my 10,000 steps in on Monday - over 2 1/2 hours just walking around. We passed Notre-Dame. It’s so sad to see it so damaged but they are working furiously on restoring the roof. The flying buttresses are buttressed for support. ( I tried to add a picture but it goes upside down)
As much as I love Paris, I’m so ready to go home.
@Twilight Sparkle -have a great trip!
(1260/1800)

We are staying right next to Notre Dame while in Paris next year in the building to the left if you are facing the front of the cathedral. We realize it will be under construction still, but we figure it would be the chance of a lifetime to see it being rebuilt from our living room window. Plus, we'll be out during the day so the noise shouldn't be a big deal. The flying buttresses are the thing I'm most worried about. They are so impressive. I think they were able to save the Rose window glass, right? Also hoping the lead levels lower before we stay right next door! Will definitely be keeping up with that news. Wishing you a nice, relaxing rest once you get home.

Our flight leaves in about 4 hours. Next time I check in, we will be in London!!! I'll be keeping track of airport walking today since I'll be confined to a seat for hours and hours. Hoping to sleep most of that time but might be too excited! : )

80 minutes Tuesday to bid farewell to my favorite city. (1340/1800)
It’s been an amazing trip but we’re heading home this morning.
@Twilight Sparkle - hope you had a safe trip! The buttresses are completely supported and it seemed all the stained glass has been removed for safe keeping. They have an incredible job ahead. Your apartment is in a great location. The best ice cream in the world is a stroll away in the next island.
@Mike Namez - glad you’re feeling better!

Airport walking ahead - ugh! But my next post will be from my very own sofa!!🤗🤗

Last edited:
10/19 3 minutes
10/20 36 minutes
10/22 36 minutes

374/450

I had a crazy weekend. I was fostering 3 cute puppies who were 4 weeks old. Found out on wednesday that their mom had distemper. Mom was doing better. Thursday my puppies didn't want to eat. I started syringe feeding them formula. Friday morning the girl was gone. Saturday both boys died. The biggest boy died in my arms after i had fed him

Congratulations to ljcrochet and the team for turning Lotso (or Bing Bong) Pink and to Twilight Sparkle and me for turning Lightning McQueen Red. Lightning McQueen is, of course, the brash racing car who wanders into a sleepy little town in Cars.

BonnieF and MikeNamez also are *this* close to a color change!

In the early 2000s, Disney and Pixar's relationship was rocky. Their contract was anticipated to expire in 2005, when Pixar delivered the fifth film. The contract didn't count sequels, so Pixar was unhappy with the handling of Toy Story 2, but Monsters Inc. had been a big hit that smoothed the companies' relationship for a bit.

In 2002, the Wall St Journal reported that Michael Eisner and Steve Jobs disputed several issues, with Eisner specifically criticizing Apple for creating technology that allowed theft of creative works.

In 2004, the companies broke off talks to renew their contract, and their future together looked bleak.

Last edited:
Pixar trivia time!

Do you know the real first name of Boo from Monsters Inc.?

Mary. She was voiced by Mary Gibbs, the toddler daughter of a Pixar storyboard artist.

What type of dog is Dante (from Coco)?

Dante is a Xolo dog (Xoloitzcuintli), a Mexican breed. Xolo dogs often lose teeth, letting their tongues slip out of their mouths.

Speaking of Coco, the Land of the Dead is based on Guanajuato, Mexico.

And finally for today, the Cars movies featured which famous actor's last movie role?

Paul Newman, as Doc Hudson. His only role after voicing Doc Hudson was in a documentary.

Newman actually knew racing. After starring in Winning in 1969, he took up auto racing in real life.

That old saying is soooo true! There really is no place like home! Our airport walking was much more than I remembered, some of it pretty silly and annoying. In Paris, the line for Border Control had 24 switchbacks - yes, I counted! The annoying part was there about ten people in line so they could have reconfigured it to one line straight to the front, but, noooo. And, there wasn't even a good ride at the end. Then, at JFK, the 'stroll' to Border Control was forever - at least ten minutes of straight walking. So, I'll add 25 minutes total for Wednesday.
Thursday was a lost day - just didn't feel well at all. Hopefully I'll be back on track tomorrow.
1365/1800
ljcrochet - that's so sad about the puppies.

Congratulations to BonnieF for turning Lotso (or Bing Bong) Pink! (and welcome home!)

When we left Pixar and Disney in 2004, their relationship wasn't too good.

But in 2005, Bob Iger replaced Eisner as head of Disney. Iger went to the opening of Hong Kong Disneyland that year. While watching the parade there, he realized that Disney needed to buy Pixar -- because every parade character from the past 10 years was from a Pixar film. The deal, reached in January 2006, also settled the fate of Toy Story 3, which Disney had been preparing to produce without Pixar's involvement. (One amusing detail from that latter story -- Disney created its own unit for Toy Story 3. Officially named Circle 7, it was nicknamed Pixaren't.)

Sorry for not keeping up lately! It's partly that I've been busy in "real" life and not getting all my minutes in, and partly that I've been having trouble with the ads causing glitches when I use the DIS (but it seems to be working now).

Anyway:
10/17 - 15 minutes
10/18 - 23
10/19 - 12
10/20 - 0
10/21 - 0
10/22 - 30
10/23 - 15
10/24 - 0
10/25 - 0
10/26 - 15
10/27 - 0
-----------------
Total New Minutes - 110

New Running Total - 330/500

@BonnieF, the trip sounds awesome!

@ljcrochet, I'm so sorry about the puppies.

And if I missed "liking" anyone's minutes posts when I was having computer troubles, consider them liked now - go team!!

Halloween will soon be here! :hmghost::maleficen

Is there a volunteer to keep us going and host November? Pretty please?

I haven't hosted in a while, so I can do November.

Congratulations to PollyannaMom for turning Violet Parr Violet and to ljcrochet for being the first team member to reach Mike Wazowski Green!

Mike Wazowski is, of course, the one-eyed green monster in Monsters Inc. and Monsters University (and who is a yummy treat at Tokyo Disney Resort). Did you know, though, that he also features in a 2002 Pixar short, Mike's New Car?

Mike is voiced by Billy Crystal. Crystal snatched up the role after passing up which earlier Pixar opportunity?

Crystal was the frontrunner to voice Buzz Lightyear, but turned down the part. The article found here has a screen test animating an early Buzz to dialogue from When Harry Met Sally.

Quick check in from London. So much walking. I feel like we're at WDW thanks to all the walking and queues. They even know how to hide queues - just like Disney. You think you're finally in, but no. But, it has been a blast so far - except for our cancelled flight from Charlotte to London which stole a day from our trip. Today we are heading to Windsor, Stonehenge, and Bath. I'll have to report back on previous activities when I have more time. Adding 870 more minutes. 2550/1860.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!