All About Pixar October 2019 Exercise Challenge

Busy days at the parks. Will count 120 minutes per day for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
480/1400

Luckily did not get stuck on the Skyliner. We moved from Pop to Swan Saturday morning, so good timing there.

Just back from Sunday’s Halloween party. It seemed busy but we had a great time. In keeping with the October theme, Pixar was well represented. Saw costumes from Toy Story, Monsters Inc (a really great Roz!), Up, Inside Out (a whole group of emotions), The Incredibles, and Coco (or at least Day of the Dead inspired).

🎃 👻

Congratulations to PollyannaMom, Twilight Sparkle, softball chick, MikeNamez, and the team for turning Kevin Blue, and to ljcrochet and me for turning Nemo Orange.

Kevin, of course, is the bird from Up (who, despite the name, is female) and Nemo is the star of Finding Nemo.

Last edited:
Congratulations to MikeNamez for turning Nemo Orange and to me for turning Violet Parr Violet. Violet Parr is the oldest child and only daughter of the Parr family, The Incredibles. She has the powers to create energy shields and to turn invisible, in whole or in part, at will.

The yellow ball with a blue stripe and red star that Luxo Jr. plays with has become known as "the Luxo ball" or "the Pixar ball" because of its appearances in several Pixar movies, particularly the Toy Story movies. Another consistency in Pixar movies is a certain voice. Can you name the actor who has voiced a character in every Pixar movie?

John Ratzenberger (Cliff from Cheers) has voiced a character in every Pixar movie to date. Most recently, he reprised his role as Hamm in Toy Story 4.

There are a few other inside references in Pixar movies. Easter eggs to keep an eye out for include A113 (a reference to a classroom at the California Institute of the Arts, where many Pixar employees studied), a Pizza Planet truck, and a pagoda design.

Last edited:
Hello from (rainy) Basel! We arrived exhausted from the overnight flight and managed to waste the only sunshine with a much needed nap. On Wednesday we did some exploring of the Old City. It’s uphill both ways ☺️☺️ Such a pretty buildings dating back over 200 years. I just love all the beautiful windowboxes filled with cascading flowers. After a good while, the rain really picked up so we took the tram back up the hill - not that I minded at that point! Our cruise sails this afternoon- hoping for better weather for the rest of the week 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Adding 30 minutes - Monday
30 - Tuesday
60 - Wednesday
Sophy1996 - so glad you weren’t on the Skyliner!
(150/1800)

Thanks for checking in, @BonnieF! Hope your weather improves.

Before Pixar was spun off, Steve Jobs had been forced out of Apple. He ended up founding the NeXT computer company, but also investing in Pixar when it was spun off ($5 million for technology rights and $5 million in capital contributions). Over the next several years, he put a lot of money into Pixar (one estimate I saw was $50 million). The investment paid off in the end, though. When Pixar went public in 1995, Jobs went from being a millionaire to being a billionaire. And when Disney bought Pixar in a stock-trade deal in 2006, Jobs immediately became Disney's largest individual shareholder, with 7% of stock, worth billions. At the time of his death, Jobs' Disney stake apparently was worth twice the value of his Apple stake, even given his key role at Apple.

280 minutes since last check in - horses, walking, weights

650/1860

@sophy1996 , hope the snow isn't too bad. Love the info about Steve Jobs.

@BonnieF , how fun! Glad you made it there safely. So sorry about the rain. Hope it things clear up and stay that way. I thought about you earlier this week. We saw Dear Evan Hansen for the first time. Have you seen it?

@ljcrochet , your house cleaning project does not sound fun. No doubt it was a ton of work!

october 7th 4
october 9th 3
october 10th 32

164/450

So when we moved to florida, we used zippy shell. They promised our stuff in less than 2 weeks and it took closer to a month.
This time we had a baby grand piano and assorted crap we decided to move with a real mover. Stuff is supposed to be here today which is 8 days after they picked up. I'm not ready and have no clue where I'm putting stuff.

october 7th 4
october 9th 3
october 10th 32

164/450

So when we moved to florida, we used zippy shell. They promised our stuff in less than 2 weeks and it took closer to a month.
This time we had a baby grand piano and assorted crap we decided to move with a real mover. Stuff is supposed to be here today which is 8 days after they picked up. I'm not ready and have no clue where I'm putting stuff.

Uhoh. I hope there wasn't too much stress involved when your belongings arrived today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!