All About Pixar October 2019 Exercise Challenge

sophy1996

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the October 2019 exercise challenge! This month we'll be focusing on Disney's Pixar Animation Studios.

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! Here’s how it works:

Each person chooses a time goal, and posts minutes towards that goal as they exercise. (You can post daily or just catch up when you can.) You decide what movement counts towards your goal - which can be a nice round total for the month, a specific number that means something to you, or a calculation based on a target number of minutes per day.

Since October has 31 days, here are some common conversions:

15 minutes/day = 465
20 minutes/day = 620
30 minutes/day = 930
45 minutes/day = 1395
1 hour/day = 1860

One of the special motivations of our Disney exercise challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress.

10% - Kevin Blue
25% - Nemo Orange
50% - Violet Parr Violet
75% - Lots-o-Huggin Bear Pink
90% - Lightning McQueen Red

100% - Mike Wasowski Green

We’re officially starting this challenge on October 1st, but if you don’t find this thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join!! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and to check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Team:

BonnieF 1365/1800
ljcrochet 516/450
MikeNamez 440/900
PollyannaMom 375/500
softball chick 293/450
sophy1996 1400/1400
Twilight Sparkle 2550/1860

Total: 7389/7360 100%

Last edited:
I'm in. I'm going to aim for 450. I'm heading to Long Island to clean out my old house. We closed on Friday and have a week to get it emptied and broomsweeper. I'm thinking the new buyers are going to be A-holes about the 5 grand that is in escrow. I'm not sure how much time we are going to have to work out even though we are going to be very active packing up crap, throwing crap out and figure out what to do with crap.

Thanks for hosting, sophy1996.
This is a vacation month for me (16 days!) so I’m not sure where to set my goal. I know I’ll be doing lots of walking every day but not at an exercise level. I think I’ll aim for 1800 minutes walking - I’m sure we’ll do at least that much. This’ll include a few gym days too.
Ljcrochet, good luck with the house!

Last edited:

To help get ready to kick off the month and get us thinking Pixar, here are a couple of trivia questions:

1. To date, how many feature films has Pixar released?

2. How many of them can you name?

Toy Story (1995), A Bug's Life (1998), Toy Story 2 (1999), Monsters, Inc. (2001), Finding Nemo (2003), The Incredibles (2004), Cars (2006), Ratatouille (2007), WALL-E (2008), Up (2009), Toy Story 3 (2010), Cars 2 (2011), Brave (2012), Monsters University (2013), Inside Out (2015), The Good Dinosaur (2015), Finding Dory (2016), Cars 3 (2017), Coco (2017), Incredibles 2 (2018), Toy Story 4 (2019)

I'm increasing to 1860 this month since we expect to do a lot of walking on vacation. Hopefully the rain will stay away while we are in London.

Thanks for hosting, sophy1996. Already stumped by the trivia questions.

Good luck on the house clean out, @ljcrochet .

Congratulations to Twilight Sparkle and PollyannaMom for being first on the board!

Pixar has its roots in a computer graphics lab that morphed to become the computer graphics division of Lucasfilm. The division's first release was the short The Adventures of André and Wally B. in 1984. Years later, it was shown before Cars 2. It was John Lasseter's first computer-animated project at Lucasfilm and was considered groundbreaking at the time.

Here's the trailer:

Pixar was spun off into a separate company in 1986. That same year, the company released the short Luxo Jr., which was the first computer animated film to be nominated for an Academy Award. Luxo Jr. is, of course, the hopping lamp from Pixar's logo.

Here's the trailer:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!