Alien Encounter and a little brother

ritzbuddy

Mouseketeer
I figured you "guys" could help me. We are going to WDW for the first time in April. I know my 14 year old son will love Alien Encounters, but I am not sure about our "rough and tumble", loves roller coasters, still has monster nighmares, hates X-Files, 8 year old boy. Would you take a little brother on it?
Thanks in advance for the advice.

hi ritzbuddy! my 2 boys, now ages 13 and 20, have been doing alien encounter since it opened. it will depend if your little one is afraid of the dark. if he still has monster nightmares, you may want to skip this. a great deal of the time the whole attraction is in the dark. you can "feel" the alien breathing on the back of your neck courtesy of the seat restraints. if he can understand that this is just make believe and not get too upset, he may want to try it. when i took my sister-in-law on it a couple years ago (she was early forties at the time), i thought she was going to put her fingernails through my arm! we will be going back in may & june and this is on her "MUST DO" list. let him decide if this attraction is for him, and if he decides to give it a "miss" don't let his older brother rag on him too much. hope this helped. enjoy your trip.

NO NO NO!!! I'm 14 and have a 9 yr. old brother who is pretty much the same as ur 8 yr old. When we went on we barely got past the PRE-SHOW when he started to cry. I was EXTREMELY EMBARRASED(Hope I spelled right) and Guiltful because It's now my fault he has nightmare's every other night. PLEASE try other rides first. The BEST thing to do is start small, the Haunted Mansion, go Medium, Space Mountain, and then go Big, Alien Encounter. Everyone should try this method with little ones.

What's the Alien Encounter like? I've never been on it but I'm interested. Is it a ride or a show?

tink05.gif

NO NO NO NO NO!!!! I went on it our 1st trip-which is MArch 1996. I was 9 at the time,and i have promised my self as long as i live i wont ride it. it was just 2 real 4 me. Dont get me worng i have thrill rides but i didnt like that. What it does is that sometimes it feels like the alien is rite behind u and also u can "hear" it eat people. i think that it is 2 intense 4 him but maybe not.I agree with MouseInsiderTeen that is the best way 2 do it.
2 answer ur quesiton Tinkerbell1 its a show where u sit n a theater and a lot of stuff happens. They mite have updated it though because i rode it n 19996.

For Tinkerbell 1 Alien EC is a show with EXTREMELY GREAT STATE-OF-THE-ART TECHNOLOGY AND SPECIAL EFFECTS BUT EXTREMELY SCARY. Now to give u an idea of what it's like if the sound effects had Tinkerbell flying around the room instead of a ferocious blood thirsty beast it probably would have sounded like a fly in your ear and at the end climax she would throw Pixie Dust in your face instead of Alien GOO!!!

hi im 12 but when i went towdw i was 9 my dad took me on the ride because he tried it once and said it was not scary. i went in and they put those headlock kind of seats on so you can not leave the ride. i came out crying it felt like the animal was above and breathing on my neck in the darkness . not my idea of fun. it might not be bad now but my brother is 8 and i think he would be scared. :eek:

i am also going in april im going april 12 till the 18 i dont think he would like the ride i went in third grade at nine years old and thought tower of terror was less freaky.

i went on it when i was pretty young, i was fine.A lot of older kids were screaming but not me!

Sincerely,
Princess Ariel

monorail.gif

I found it extremely scary and had to close my eyes through a lot of it. Even though I knew it was fake I still got really scared. My little brother didn't like it either. I'd say don't take him on it. :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter