Alfred Angelo's closing

Traveliz

DIS Veteran
A bit panicked now as my daughter texted and said Alfred Angelo's is closing (or at least that appears to be the case on the web).

Her dress is still there (in alterations). They aren't answering their phones so she and her fiance are driving over to Altamonte Springs and see if anyone is there.

Her wedding is 4 months away, I feel really bad for brides with a closer date.

If anyone knows anything, please share.

Oh and this news follows the news that my husband's check isn't being deposited tomorrow because of some glitch AND we got our BEO today! I am exhaused.

Liz
mother of bride

I hope someone was at the store for them!

Sorry all the glitches happened at once but they say everything comes in 3s, at least now you aren't waiting for the other shoe to drop.

AA filed for bankruptcy. Supposedly, those dresses on order can still be picked up at the store. Any deposits on a dress may be lost. Google, there is an address you can send to try to get the dress if your daughter has not got it yet.

Yes, when it rains, it pours. I hope she gets her dress, even if she has to have it finished by another.

We had 2 retail stores in my area, was in the local news yesterday.

We had a good ending. She got to the store and the doors were locked. They had been letting girls in who had dresses in the store. She knocked on the door until someone came and through the door said she thought her dress was there. He asked why and she explained it was being altered. He said the seamstress had all those dresses at her studio. He gave her a card and I checked so our next appointment will be at the studio.

There were other brides there and a news crew. The wanted to interview her but she declined. I'm not sure how ordered dresses can be picked up at the store now. I doubt there are any employees today. They said they weren't getting paid and were leaving. We were lucky but many have a longer road ahead of them in tracking down dresses. The thing is if no one is answering the phone there is no way to truly determine when and if a dress will get mailed to you.

Liz

My dress is also in alterations in this store and couldn't get any answers at all so far is there any way you can let me have the seamstress info, I believe mine is with Miriam or Miranda, I was stuck at work trying to reach someone/anyone all day, I'm sick to my stomach, I leave for my wedding in Wales in 5 weeks and now don't have my dress, and was ment to pick it up on Friday

Yes I have her info. Mariana 407-257-7315. She answered right away when I called. I think she is the only seamstress they used and she has a studio where she takes the dresses to alter. The way it sounded she had all of those dresses. Her studio is in Lake Mary. My daughter has her card with all the information. We are on the road and I can get you more info later off of it if you need it. Please let me know how it turns out for you. They should have put her info on the door for brides having alterations.

Liz

They should have put her info on the door for brides having alterations.

This is insane!! All those poor brides!

They absolutely should post numbers on the doors. And if a bride made a deposit and isn't getting a dress, she needs to be reimbursed. This is crazy! How many Alfredo Angelos are there? How many thousands or tens of thousands or more in deposits were given for a bridal gown with no product returned?

It boggles my mind that it got to this point. Suddenly closing down doors, not answering phones, taking deposits and not providing product, leaving brides in the dark about where their gowns even are or worse!

The writing had to be on the wall for some time. They should've scaled back, stopped taking new bridal appointments, taken care of the brides who already purchased their gowns and returned the rest of their product to the designers or sold at wholesale prices, off the rack, no in store alterations.

ETA: I've been married for nearly 10 years, and have no one in the family getting married any time soon (my oldest is 8) and have no horse in this race. But I am still ANGRY for all these brides and families that have this added expense and added stress for no reason!!

This is insane!! All those poor brides!

They absolutely should post numbers on the doors. And if a bride made a deposit and isn't getting a dress, she needs to be reimbursed. This is crazy! How many Alfredo Angelos are there? How many thousands or tens of thousands or more in deposits were given for a bridal gown with no product returned?

It boggles my mind that it got to this point. Suddenly closing down doors, not answering phones, taking deposits and not providing product, leaving brides in the dark about where their gowns even are or worse!

The writing had to be on the wall for some time. They should've scaled back, stopped taking new bridal appointments, taken care of the brides who already purchased their gowns and returned the rest of their product to the designers or sold at wholesale prices, off the rack, no in store alterations.

ETA: I've been married for nearly 10 years, and have no one in the family getting married any time soon (my oldest is 8) and have no horse in this race. But I am still ANGRY for all these brides and families that have this added expense and added stress for no reason!!

There were 60 some stores across the country. So local stores could only do what they were being told to do. I am pretty sure since they filed bankruptcy those who gave deposits are out dresses. We paid for our dresses in full when we bought them. All of our bridesmaids/flower girls have their dresses in hand. Apparently the bridal gown is with the alterations woman (have an appointment with her) so I think we are ok.

As for others the lawyer for AA is saying dresses will be sent to those who are paid up but that will take time with no employees. That is a super scary spot to be in. Apparently the lawyer is asking the judge to allow orders started to be completed but again who knows if that will happen or can be trusted.

I will say it never occurred to me that this might happen. Even with all the retail closing, this never crossed my mind.

Liz

There were 60 some stores across the country. So local stores could only do what they were being told to do.

Oh absolutely! I'm not blaming the local stores or local employees. The corporate headquarters should've been more proactive and could've prevented this mess, at least in part. They chose not too, which is what upset me. There's no way they didn't know 6 months ago that things were getting bad. It should have been relayed to the local stores.

I think part of the problem is they just weren't going to close but they were going to file bankruptcy. I totally agree though there had to be a better path.

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!