Ale & Compass Breakfast

Scarlet_J

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me about breakfast at this restaurant? The menu shows a buffet price that says it includes an entree. The entrees also have prices next to it. Can you order an entree without the buffet? Can you just do the buffet without getting an entree? Also, there are kids entrees listed. I assume they can also take from the buffet?

I'm looking for a non-character sit down meal near the Beach Club. This seems to be the only one. I want something quick and easy, but better than a quick service breakfast.

im of no help on the Ale & Compass part, but I heard you can go to Trattoria and ask for the non-character side dining. And IMO the food is really different and our family loved it.

Can anyone tell me about breakfast at this restaurant? The menu shows a buffet price that says it includes an entree. The entrees also have prices next to it. Can you order an entree without the buffet? Can you just do the buffet without getting an entree? Also, there are kids entrees listed. I assume they can also take from the buffet?

I'm looking for a non-character sit down meal near the Beach Club. This seems to be the only one. I want something quick and easy, but better than a quick service breakfast.

From reviews I've read, you can order an entree a la carte at that price or you can order the buffet which is a smaller buffet but includes choice of an entree but also beverage (coffee, juice) for a fixed price.

There is no "just buffet, no entree" option... just an "entree only" and "buffet with entree and non-specialty beverages" option. For many of the entrees, if you are going to get any beverage at all, the buffet is only marginally more.

I would assume like every other Disney restaurant they have a kid menu with a kid buffet price, but I can't find it online - you may or may not be able to order the kid menu a la carte as an adult, but you definitely would not be able to pay the kid price for buffet even if you wanted a kid entree if you are over 9. If you have kids under 9 I would have to assume that it would not jump from like $7-9 to $23 for them to partake of the buffet but I would not assume it is included in the entree price.

Last edited:
My husband and I tried this on a whim in December and it was our favorite breakfast! It was so good--our server was amazing and not at all judgmental when we returned for breakfast on the day we were checking out! I highly recommend it :)

I think calling it a buffet is a tad misleading; it's not at all comparable to a buffet like the one at The Wave as it does not have eggs, meat, waffles, etc. It's small, with fruit, some sliced cheeses and meats, a few pastries, biscuits and gravy, fish dip... maybe oatmeal? Definitely more of an accompaniment to a breakfast entree.

My DH opted for it and ordered bacon, eggs, and potatoes as his entree. I am not a huge eater, but do want protein (cough *bacon* cough) for breakfast so I just ordered an entree. They did not list a buffet only option on the menu but it never hurts to ask! Esp if you're content with fruit and a pastry for breakfast.

Breakfast there was very good!

We love this place! On our last trip we ate two breakfasts, one lunch and one dinner there. All of the food and service was very good! For most people it will make more financial sense to get the buffet since it includes an entrée and drink.

Haven't been to Ale & Compass, but if you are looking for a non-character buffet near BC, you can go to Fresh Mediterranean Market in the Dolphin. The buffet there has many choices including Mickey pancakes and waffles, made to order eggs and omelets, bacon, sausage, potatoes, breads, oatmeal, cereals, etc. We haven't been there in a few years, but when we went in the past it was always a good meal. They do also offer a la carte for breakfast as well if you don't want to do the buffet.

im of no help on the Ale & Compass part, but I heard you can go to Trattoria and ask for the non-character side dining. And IMO the food is really different and our family loved it.
This information about Trattoria al Forno is misleading. We had read this same thing about being able to sit in a non character area from several posters here on this forum. We made a reservation and at check in asked to be seated in the non character room. We were told it would be at least an additional 90 minute wait. We had a plane to catch so that wasn't an option. We ended up having a character meal that we were not in the mood for. The characters here are extremely enthusiastic and in your face. The food is fabulous but we were not in the mood for the hoopla. I'd advise people not to count on being seated in the non character area for the Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno.

To the topic of Ale and Compass- as others have said, the buffet is nice but it's more like an addition to an entree. That's why a made to order plate is included. It's nice though because you can help yourself to a starter while you wait for your entree to arrive. As noted, there's the option to skip the buffet and order off a regular entree menu that includes both basic breakfast entrees as well as some more interesting choices. The situation is similar for children 9 and under (they can have buffet plus basic made to order breakfast, or just entree). The kid's options are appropriately lower priced.

The buffet had fruit, cold meats, cheese, yogurt. So more of an addition to your entree rather than an entire meal. I thought it was very good especially with the full entree.

Thanks so much for the replies! it is very helpful. Actually, the buffet does sound like a perfect breakfast for me, so maybe I can ask nicely or just order something. I guess it depends how hungry I am.

Thanks so much for the replies! it is very helpful. Actually, the buffet does sound like a perfect breakfast for me, so maybe I can ask nicely or just order something. I guess it depends how hungry I am.
They don't have any price for just the buffet. Just as an add on. But with the buffet added on it was only $22. Not bad for a good Disney meal.

I’m a big fan of the Ale & Compass breakfast. You may order the entrees a la carte but if you also want 2 beverages (e.g. coffee & OJ) and a side of fruit or something it makes sense to do the buffet option for $22. Lots of delicious things on the buffet but most notably their delicious Parker House rolls. As someone mentioned, these are “sides” - fruit, yogurt parfaits, cheese, charcuterie, etc.

Trattoria al Forno does have a non-character option where you order a la carte, but it is walk-up only.

I’ve not tried it but have heard good things about the Fresh Mediterranean Market over at the Swan. Believe they have both a la carte and full buffet options.

This information about Trattoria al Forno is misleading. We had read this same thing about being able to sit in a non character area from several posters here on this forum. We made a reservation and at check in asked to be seated in the non character room. We were told it would be at least an additional 90 minute wait. We had a plane to catch so that wasn't an option. We ended up having a character meal that we were not in the mood for. The characters here are extremely enthusiastic and in your face. The food is fabulous but we were not in the mood for the hoopla. I'd advise people not to count on being seated in the non character area for the Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno.

I did the non-character option as a walk-up last year and only had to wait about 10 minutes. The breakfast was delicious! The room you sit in is closed off from all of the festivities, so it is possible to get away from the characters.

I did the non-character option as a walk-up last year and only had to wait about 10 minutes. The breakfast was delicious! The room you sit in is closed off from all of the festivities, so it is possible to get away from the characters.
I don't doubt that it's possible to get away from the characters, but from my experience it isn't always a walk up option, nor is it even always possible with a reservation.

this looks sooooo good, we are totally doing this the morning before our cruise (staying at the boardwalk)

We have eaten here for breakfast several times in the last couple of years and it’s close to our favorite. In fact, we just switched over to the Contemporary for our next trip, having been booked at Beach Club. When talking it over with DH, his most adamant point was, “well, we will still go have breakfast at Ale & Compass, right!?!?” FWIW, I have specifically asked about a “buffet” only option multiple times and have always been denied. As others have said, it’s like a quasi-buffet, but could be plenty if you like most of the options - cheeses, cold meats, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, English muffins, fruit. Maybe if enough ask, they’ll eventually allow it. Here are a few food pics, because that always makes things better!

E242D63B-D85E-4238-AFCA-9FDE4F38A348.jpeg 280F8E89-40B8-4A2F-B743-F77CE1DBC7ED.jpeg 06286547-4ABC-40DC-AA9B-998C25D13FB1.jpeg FB9820A9-4FD0-415E-82AC-D37F097C3792.jpeg

We used to love the buffet when it was Captain's Grill. We went in February (or December? can't remember now when it was) and the entree with buffet seemed like waaay too much food for us so we just ordered an entree which was plenty. I'm a little disappointed with what they did to the buffet but the food is still just as good and it will remain on our list of breakfast places especially when we are staying close. September we're at the Yacht Club so we'll probably end up there 1-2 times during that visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!