Alcoholic Drinks and passport?

here you go: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/faq/restaurants/required-id-for-alcohol/

it might not be state policy, but a copy of an international passport plus a foreign drivers license is exactly what their official regulations require.
Thank you. I am travelling with a 25 and 21 year old, so I have put that link in my notes, just in case. Our driving licences are bilingual (Welsh/English) and it always confuses bar staff in the US. I was asked for three IDs for myself when I tried to buy a drink at a Red Sox game and it is a seriously long time since I saw 21 or even 30.

We simply carry our Nexus card and never had an issue with those since they are issued by the US government.

I've have been denied ordering drinks or entering bars (Jelly Rolls) for not having my passport. Multiple places would not accept my canadian driver's license, so I typically take my passport when I plan to drink.

Hi
I just want to add. You do need proper id.
I admit I was annoyed at the time but I do now use this a trip story 😁
I asked for a beer and was asked for id. I didn't have any as I didn't think I needed it.
I was 43 years old !!!!

I'm 50 and DH is 52. Will we really be ID'd to buy a drink? Or are they more lax when a person is obviously plenty old enough to drink?

Each time we’ve been asked, our drivers license has been accepted. I suppose they could ask for your passport but I wouldn’t be carrying that around either. I would do a copy to be safe.

I have been denied drinks at AK, DS and EP as I did not have my passport with me. At AK they sold it to me 6'4" son who was 22 at the time no questions asked lol. I know have a picture on my phone of my passport and my DL. Better to be safe than drinkless lol

I'm 50 and DH is 52. Will we really be ID'd to buy a drink? Or are they more lax when a person is obviously plenty old enough to drink?

Crazy isn't it?! I made a note to take a photo of our passports on my phone, and bring along our drivers' licenses. I do not appreciate having to bring those into the park.

By the way, when I turn 50 on the 31st, my husband & I will be the same age as you two. :-)

Crazy isn't it?! I made a note to take a photo of our passports on my phone, and bring along our drivers' licenses. I do not appreciate having to bring those into the park.

By the way, when I turn 50 on the 31st, my husband & I will be the same age as you two. :-)
It does seem silly! I love the idea of having everything done thru a magic band and not having to carry important ID.
And happy 50th!!! I can't believe I'm 50, not sure how that happened so quickly, lol! We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary at WDW.

It does seem silly! I love the idea of having everything done thru a magic band and not having to carry important ID.
And happy 50th!!! I can't believe I'm 50, not sure how that happened so quickly, lol! We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary at WDW.

Wait a minute.. if you have a magic band you don't need to show ID? Huh. How does it work then if you are not staying on-site but going to a couple of parks. I read that people can purchase these but I never bothered to read about magic bands. I figured since we are not staying on-site it was nothing to worry about. I think I'll read up about them this afternoon.

Nice! Happy Anniversary! (Our 24th was last month)

Since my husband got to celebrate his 50th in the Dominican Republic (a trip I won), I'm calling our August vacation my 50th birthday trip. :goodvibes And yeah, I cannot quite figure out how we ended up being 50 now. It does not feel like that much time has gone by!

Wait a minute.. if you have a magic band you don't need to show ID? Huh. How does it work then if you are not staying on-site but going to a couple of parks. I read that people can purchase these but I never bothered to read about magic bands. I figured since we are not staying on-site it was nothing to worry about. I think I'll read up about them this afternoon.

Nice! Happy Anniversary! (Our 24th was last month)

Since my husband got to celebrate his 50th in the Dominican Republic (a trip I won), I'm calling our August vacation my 50th birthday trip. :goodvibes And yeah, I cannot quite figure out how we ended up being 50 now. It does not feel like that much time has gone by!
I just meant that I like the magic band because it eliminates the need to carry around money or credit cards, room key etc. If I don't need to bring that stuff with me then I don't want to bring my passport and drivers license but if I want an adult beverage, which I definitely do, then I have to bring a purse to carry that stuff anyway and worry about losing it. You would think the magic band could store proof of your age if it can store other info.
Lucky you winning a trip, that is pretty awesome!

I don't know but I wish they would figure something out. Finger scanner? It's not the end of the world, just inconvenient.

So if one has a passport, but not a drivers license, one cannot order a beer? My son has no drivers license, has no interest in driving, wants to keep his carbon footprint low. (ahem, not above accepting a ride from big carbon footprint mom, though). ;)

So if one has a passport, but not a drivers license, one cannot order a beer? My son has no drivers license, has no interest in driving, wants to keep his carbon footprint low. (ahem, not above accepting a ride from big carbon footprint mom, though). ;)

his options:
1. carry his passport
2. get a provincial ID card and carry it + a photo of his passport
3. take his chances! order a beer, but be prepared to be declined

My husband is 40 and had his driver's license but was denied a drink because they wanted to see his passport or a copy of his passport, at La Cava del Tequila. Neither of us were asked for ID anywhere else. Similar to other's we did not want to carry our passport around with us. We plan to bring a photocopy this trip to cover our bases :)

Okay, so my son is 25, he doesn't have a drivers license. We are going next Feb and I'm not comfortable with him carrying his passport. He's been on a job in San Diego for 2 years, but hasn't got a U.S. official I.D. He is not an american citizen. His Canadian govt issued i.d. has expired. The dining plan just isn't worth it without the alcoholic beverage.

So I gather he'll just have to be carrying his original passport? This will be the first trip he's been with me since he became of age.

If I were your son, I would get a ID card renewed. It's relatively inexpensive, and he will need it. They will accept it in lieu of the drivers license.

If I were your son, I would get a ID card renewed. It's relatively inexpensive, and he will need it. They will accept it in lieu of the drivers license.
He's currently living in California on a work visa so he doesn't come back to Ontario often. Next time he comes back I'll ask him to do the renewal. I think that's safer than carrying his passport. He isn't a big drinker, so no big deal, but with the cost of the dining plan I'd like him to have the option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts