Alcohol when on dining plan at buffets

garnwr32229

Mouseketeer
we are planning/hoping on doing many character dinners(crystal palace, chef Mickey, garden grill maybe 1900). So my question is do you still get an alcoholic beverage when on the dining plan if you dine at a buffet. I guess I’m confused bc when I look up the prices it just shows 1 price and it states the food and a list of non alcoholic beverages. So I’m just wondering how it all works at those type of restaurants

we are planning/hoping on doing many character dinners(crystal palace, chef Mickey, garden grill maybe 1900). So my question is do you still get an alcoholic beverage when on the dining plan if you dine at a buffet. I guess I’m confused bc when I look up the prices it just shows 1 price and it states the food and a list of non alcoholic beverages. So I’m just wondering how it all works at those type of restaurants

If they have alcoholic beverages for purchase, then you will get ONE for free.

If they have alcoholic beverages for purchase, then you will get ONE for free.

Thanks, my husband wants his 1 alcoholic beverage and the kids are looking forward to dining with characters. I was hoping they would both be happy

We went to 1900 on Monday. Our server gave me an alcoholic drink and a soft drink with my dining credit. I asked ahead of time to make sure. It’s probably server dependent because technically I should have only been given 1 drink.

We went to 1900 on Monday. Our server gave me an alcoholic drink and a soft drink with my dining credit. I asked ahead of time to make sure. It’s probably server dependent because technically I should have only been given 1 drink.

This was my same experience at 1900 PF last month.

Pretty sure at every buffet we went to on the dining plan told us we got whatever soda/juice/etc that was included with the buffet, plus our alcoholic beverage. We don't drink soda so really only got the jungle juice at tusker house breakfast.

Just when I think I am the only person out there who has this same question, I am reminded of my Disboard friends. This is so helpful. Thanks y'all! :)

I think someone posted a Disney dining video that said double drinks were one of the hidden benefits of the dining plan- but it is server dependent. Basically, the buffet includes the drink so that is included in the entree part of the credit and then you get the alcoholic drink as the drink part of your credit. From that explanation, I would not expect to get an alcohol and a soft drink from a more standard restaurant (like Sanaa or prime time) but it could be server dependent even at those.

I came back from a 2 week trip a few weeks ago and was on the DxDDP. We ate at 25 TS restaurants and the theme seemed to be, from the waitstaff, push push push those ***free*** alcoholic drinks!

You can have both (1) alcohol and soda/lemonade. On the DP, your receipt will show what you "would have paid" if paying OOP, and your tip suggestion is based off of that....hence the waitstaff wanting you to maximize your plan. Still a big bargain, but basically the drinks will cost you about $3 per drink in tips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts