Alcohol @ grocery stores

disneygirl1972

DIS Veteran
Forgive me if this sounds like a silly question, but we are from New Orleans where we can buy any type of alcohol in any grocery store. What, if any, can be purchased at a Publix? Beer, wine? Do we need to shop at a Liquor store for hard alcohol?

TIA

Forgive me if this sounds like a silly question, but we are from New Orleans where we can buy any type of alcohol in any grocery store. What, if any, can be purchased at a Publix? Beer, wine? Do we need to shop at a Liquor store for hard alcohol?

TIA

Liquor/hard alochol is only sold at a liquor store in the state of FL. Always an adjustment for me as well because ours is sold in stores here in WA state.

Beer and wine can be sold in retail stores, supermarkets, and convenience gas stations; however, spirits must be purchased at a package store (via https://www.tripsavvy.com/florida-alcohol-laws-2346886).

Yes, as PP said, only beer and wine instore - although many Walmarts have a "beer wine spirits" store off to the side in the parking lots as well.

I think you will find a liquor store quite conveniently located nearby any grocery store in the area however. Most of our favorite supermarkets have one in the same parking lot.

Anybody know of a liquor store in Disney springs area? Prefer one in walking distance from hotel plaza Blvd or not a far Uber ride

The Publix we go to on 192 has it's own liquor store attached to the supermarket but with it's own entrance. So you can buy your liquor and then go out and grab a cart and do your shopping.

Anybody know of a liquor store in Disney springs area? Prefer one in walking distance from hotel plaza Blvd or not a far Uber ride

ABC Wine & Spirits on S Apopka Vineland Rd in Lake Buena Vista is about 3 miles from Disney Springs or a mile from the B Resort. The place has a large selection of liquor and the prices are pretty decent.

ABC Wine & Spirits on S Apopka Vineland Rd in Lake Buena Vista is about 3 miles from Disney Springs or a mile from the B Resort. The place has a large selection of liquor and the prices are pretty decent.

Agreed. Stopped here for a week stay and they had a large selection of gluten free beer for my wife. Actually had to go back later in the week because i drank all of my corona premier :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!