alchol at DCA

ChristaMcD

Earning My Ears
I heard that DCA will be serving alchol. I do not feel that alchol has no place at a theme (amusement) park,especially a disney one. Does anyone else feel this way??

Christa

Well, Christa, many people probably do agree...but actually I have no problem with them serving alcohol at DCA. Disney has been serving alcohol at Epcot and Disney-MGM Studios for years and it hasn't detracted from the family atmosphere in either place one bit, IMHO. Disneyland will remain "dry", as the Magic Kingdom is at WDW, and that's fine too. I just think they are giving people options, and since wine-making is an integral part of the California economy, it makes sense that they have included this in the new park.

Just my two cents! :)

Michelle
Assistant Webmaster
Cruise & Inspiration Board Co-Host
Disneyland Board Co-Host

Just my two cents worth too...

At either Disneyland or Magic Kingdom I would agree as they are both youth focused, and Michelle noted they will remain dry. But like Epcot, DCA will be a draw for adults too. At the prices Disney charges I don't think you'll find anyone getting smashed.

Both trips to Epcot we went during the Food & Wine Festival, and I loved being able to sample the beers as we walked around World Showcase.

I think Epcot is a good example of the success Disney has had allowing limited alcohol to be served inside a park while sleep keeping the Disney attitude.

Good topic for discussion!

Michelle,
That is very true, wine making is a big industry in California ( I live in an area that has several winerys).
And I work for a brewery (the first brewpub, in California). Which has also become a big industry in California and accross the US.

I have never been to WDW so I have not first hand experience on how it might effect the feel. Hopefully it won't.

Christa

I have heard that all DCA cast members have to go through alcohol awareness training before they will be able to work with guest. They are being trained to recognize when a guest may have had to much and is a danger to themselves or others.

Keith ;)
Disneyland-Weekly
WDW-87 Disney Villas
99 Wilderness Lodge

I would like to add something here. I really have no problem with booze in DCA. As WebmasterMichelle mentioned before, all the other non-MK model parks stateside have offered alcohol from day one. (I believe Euro Disneyland serves alcohol because of the culture, I'm not sure of Tokyo). Because of the Disney enviroment, I would not picture DTD or DCA a place full of drunks and such. There are other opportunites in the world to get smashed. Disney wouldn't allow that type of mess.

gfqminnie.jpg

-Quentin-
"That guy who likes Minnie Mouse.*"

*Wanna know why? <A HREF="http://wdwinfo.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?q=Y&a=tpc&s=40009993&f=55009194&m=493099902" TARGET=_blank>click here for my story!
</A>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter