Alaskan Family dines at Disney day 3 & 4

DawnAK

Mouseketeer
Who we are:
Me aka Pooh-30 year old female, I love to eat and try new things. Planner of trip and PS's.
DH aka Tigger. 6'4 31 year old male, wears Tigger ears for the entire trip. Loves good food (aka "normal food"), the more the better! Not as adventurous as me, but is getting a little more daring.
DMom aka Piglet. Loves to eat, likes to be adventurous with her eating. Can pack away lots of food without showing a weight gain. She follows the plan and doesn't complain.
Dsis aka Eyeore 12 year old little sister. A little on the picky side but does find something to eat without too much complaining.

None of us is particularly hard to please since where we live doesn't have a lot of great restaurants. Dining truly is one of the most important part of our vacations.

We are all staying together off property, and have a kitchen in our room. Most breakfast is eaten on the way out the door to the parks. We arrive in the parks together, sometimes splitting up during the day and meeting back up later. Most meals are together but sometimes it will be just Tigger and I.

Day 3 January 5
Magic kingdom Day

PS at Cinderella's Table at 8:30 am. The park opened at 9am, and I was so excited to think of us walking up mainstreet, taking our time enjoying the atmosphere as we strolled toward the castle. Reality: We were running late getting to Magic kingdom they were doing the opening preshow as we got there and as we were let in through the side turnstiles, we could hear the crowd counting down to park opening. We had to run to keep ahead of the crowd, forget leisurely strolling, this was like the running of the bulls!! We got to the castle 30 minutes late for our PS but they still showed us right into the lobby. We got in line to see the FGM and right as we got to the front of the line, our name was called. What great timing! We were seated immediately and Denise was our server. I think we had her last year too. To start we were given the basket of rolls and pastries, including croissants. We were also given a bowl of mixed fruit with a smaller bowl of yogurt topped with granola to dip the fruit in. We all loved the fruit, I especially like the yogurt dip. Our glasses were kept full of water, OJ and coffee. Breakfast was served on huge plates and included bacon, 2 sausage links, a large serving of scrambled eggs, cheesy potatos, and blueberry stuffed french toast. We all cleaned our plates and didn't have room to ask for more. The pricesses this day were Aurora, Snow White, Cinderella, Belle and Mary Poppins. I was a bit disappointed to not see Prince Charming... :) Character interaction was good except Snow White who was a little brisk, she made us laugh since she kind of ordered us around to get the pic and autograph and be on her way.

I had a snack later in the afternoon from Pecos Bills. I ordered french fries and a diet coke. The fries were awesome and just how I like them, hot, crispy and salty! Wonderful!

Dinner-tonight we had a PS at O'hanas for 8pm. The park closed at 7pm and I thought that would give us plenty of time. I was wrong, by the time we watched Wishes and exited the park it was just after 7:30, we got a little lost finding the Poly (since we were driving) and got there about 30 minutes late (do you see a pattern here? lol). We were still seated very quickly. The service was great and the food started coming as soon as we were seated. Something funny happened while we were here. Eyeore opened up her napkin to get to her silverware and realized she didn't have a spoon, she had 2 forks and a knife. We asked our server for a spoon for her, and he forgot. So, when he came back we again asked for a spoon. He was very nice and efficient and grabbed a napkin with silverware in it from another table setting. She opened that one and had the same problem, 2 knives and a fork!! We all thought this was humorous, including our waiter. He kindly brought out not one, but 4 spoons for her! As far as the food goes: I loved the wontons, fresh green beans and yummy salad. All the meats were good, I especially like the beef. Tigger ate his weight in shrimp. This meal was enjoyed by all of us! I think I could just eat off the lazy susan and get plenty full. We all shared the pineapple with caramel and Eyeore ordered her own chocolate mousse which she said was very good! We heard the activity going on with the kids but we were in an area where we could not see what was going on. We did get to see the water parade outside the window. We will eat here again!

Day 4, Tues 1/6

Today is a relax day, Eyeore and Piglet have tickets to see LaNouba at 9pm.
Breakfast and lunch were both in the room today. We went to Wolfgang Pucks for dinner. Tigger and I were really looking forward to this meal since we had enjoyed ourselves here so much in the past. We got there at 6:30 and didn't have to wait at all for a seat, which was a nice suprise. We noticed immediately that the menu had changed, Tigger and I liked the assorted eggrolls that used to be available as an appetizer. Anyway, I was having a hard time deciding what I wanted. I wasn't feeling very well (a little queasy) and nothing sounded that good to me. We ordered an order of calamari and the quesadilla to share for appetizer. I liked the quesadilla and Tigger liked the calamari. Piglet ordered the Fettucine Wolf-fredo, Eyeore had the cheese ravioli, Tigger ordered the bacon wrapped meatloaf with garlic mashed potatoes, and I ordered the special fish of the day. I can't recall what kind of fish it was and I am not much of a fish expert. I didn't really care for my dish. It was the fish(a mild white fish) served on top of some sort of plantian bacon patty that was fried. I found the whole thing to be overwhelmingly salty! I enjoyed the first few bites but couldn't eat much of it. No worries though, left me room for a dessert. I had enjoyed a dessert so much here before, I was hoping they still had it. I had been thinking of this dessert for the past year! I was thrilled to see it offered still. It is a chocolate cake with a warm, gooey center, it is served with chocolate ice cream but I requested vanilla and they happily made the change. The dessert redeemed my meal and we all left here happy. We will be back to WGP, I just will order something different. And will definitely order my dessert again.

Sorry I am so long winded! :) Will post more later. Dawn

Yum! Thanks for the reviews; I really enjoyed reading about your dining experiences. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter