Alaskan Cruise

Kelly&John

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I know this is the Disney Cruise page... but I was just wondering if anyone has taken an Alaskan Cruise? I gained alot of information here before taking my cruise on the Wonder last Fall.

I am trying to talk my parents into coming along.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Kelly

As wovenwonder says, cruisecritic.com is the best source of info. for non-Disney cruises. That's where we researched our Alaskan cruise. We did RCCL's Radiance of the Seas and sailed July 4th week. The scenery was outstanding, and we did the maximum amount of shore excursions possible at every destination...everything from horseback riding to rafting (to spot eagles) to canoeing to riding a floatplane, helicopter, and dog sled. But beware...the shore excursion costs are HIGH!!! You can find more info. on Royal Caribbean's website so you can decide what you want to do and save up for it (and avoid sticker shock). It was cold and rainy most of the time, but that's pretty much summer in Alaska. As for the ship, is was very pretty but poorly designed in many ways (life boats stick out so you can't see down off your verandah, unlike Disney. Also, the kids' pool was outside, where it was waaaay too cold to swim, so they were constantly in the "adult" pool. There was no enforcement of ANY of the supposedly adult areas).
Overall, we prefer the Disney cruise experience, but hubby has always wanted to see Alaska so this was definitely the best way to do it.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We did Alaska this past summer on Celebrity's Infinity with our 7 yr old son and my parents.

AMAZING!

The ship was gorgeous, to see the glacier from your own balcony was incredible.

They did have an indoor pool which was very nice, super kid's program also

We did whale watching in Juneau, the White Pass railway in Skagway and walked around Ketchikan.

We'd go back in a minute. We also did 2 nites precruise in Vancouver and 2 nites post cruise in Victoria.

Sheree,

Thanks for the information! We are looking at either Celebrity or Holland America lines. The White Pass railroad tour looks fantastic!

Thanks again for the info.

Kelly

I went on Holland America the summer of 1996 and it was FANTASTIC!!!!! That was the only cruise I've ever taken (not going on the Disney cruise till 11/16/02) and it got me hooked! The ships are beautiful, the staff wonderful, the food INCREDIBLE, and the scenery OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! I still talk about that cruise and still keep in touch with a lot of the people I met.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter