Alamo SUV---Premium or Luxury

Daniel Wendt

Earning My Ears
Looking for your help....I am going have 2 kids and wife and we are contemplating a Premium or Luxury SUV. We will have two strollers and about 4 suitcases.

I would prefer leather and that is why I am leaning towards the Luxury....I see this would be a Navigator while Premium is Suburban.

Anyone have experience with these?

Thank you.

I got a Premium on my last visit. Our choices was a Suburban and an Expedition. We choose the Suburban. We took a completely blacked out one that reminded us of a luxury car we see people getting driven around in. We had leather seats and everything. We were very happy with our selection and had plenty of room. There was 4 adults, 1 tween, and 1 baby. We had about 10 suitcases and 1 stroller. We loved the car but it was a bit pricey. When I got there we saw several mini vans in the mid size aisle and it would have saved us over $200 to have gotten one of those and would probably have chosen that but we were very happy with our selection overall.

We just rented a premium for our beach trip last week. It was dh and I plus our 3 kids, my mother and my sister (who lives in FL). We opted for the 8 seater since we were not sure if my BIL would be joining us and I think he did one night for dinner. Last year by Luck we got the premium and it fit us so much better so we opted just to rent it this year. Previous years we had a van which I drive at home and it fit us but beach chairs were not always fun to load (7 of them). This was just more roomy for the amount of us. I’d go smaller if I could.

If price is no object then rent it, it is nice but I think it is more room then you need. We averaged about 20mpg but we did lots of highway driving-like 1200 miles, which is why we wanted to be more comfortable with the bigger rental.

So we had 6 suitcases (the kind we can use as a carry on) and the huge LL Bean rolling duffel plus 6 carry on sized bags/back packs and that all fit in my van with the 3rd row up-dh, me, our 3 kids and my mOther to/from the airport in CT. If you only have 2 kids you can stow the seats and have a bunch of floor to ceiling room for your drive to/from the airport. The same set of luggage was in the suburban and it fit as well.

I would choose smaller SUV or a van.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter