Alamo Skip the Counter

P800aul

Mouseketeer
Hi

Used this once, then I think the web workaround stopped working. I keep reading things that would suggest you can now skip the counter using a consolidator (like rentalcars) again, anyone used it lately.

Thanks

Regards

Paul

Hi

I thought I'd answer my own post as I now know the answer which is yes you can skip the counter with Alamo even if you book thought a consolidator like rentalcars.

Joy

Regards

Paul

Thats good to know :thumbsup2

Last few trips that Alamo Brits or VA were cheapest and both had no issues with skip the counter which I love :banana:

Oooh, whats the skip the line thing?

We have booked through Virgin Atlantic and don't fancy a massive queue to get our hire car.

I'm booked with Virgin Holidays and we have the option to skip the counter with Alamo. It is on the "manage my booking" page not sure about VA?

Oooh, whats the skip the line thing?

We have booked through Virgin Atlantic and don't fancy a massive queue to get our hire car.

I think there is a link on the booking email for online check in - once complete you print the page off and it tells you to go straight to the garage

I think there is a link on the booking email for online check in - once complete you print the page off and it tells you to go straight to the garage

Hi

My deal was this way I booked a car through RentalCars.com once you pay for the car they send you a Rental Voucher, I then went to alamo.com and used the online check in with the confirmation number on the Renatlcars voucher, this gets you a online check in confirmation number (xxxxxxxxxx) you then use this number to do the skip the counter deal. You need to decided a few things like extras and have your driving license ready , once done you get a Skip the Counter Ticket to print off which give you instructions on how to proceed once you are there.

From memory I think the guy in the booth at the garage exit, once you've picked up your car, needs your Skip the counter ticket, a driving licence, passport and the credit card you paid with and I think they check if you want to pay for fuel or bring back full. I don't think they hassle you for any other extras.

Then you drive off thinking how did I get away with that, with a happy DW and 2xDD :-)

Regards

Paul

Hi

My deal was this way I booked a car through RentalCars.com once you pay for the car they send you a Rental Voucher, I then went to alamo.com and used the online check in with the confirmation number on the Renatlcars voucher, this gets you a online check in confirmation number (xxxxxxxxxx) you then use this number to do the skip the counter deal. You need to decided a few things like extras and have your driving license ready , once done you get a Skip the Counter Ticket to print off which give you instructions on how to proceed once you are there.

From memory I think the guy in the booth at the garage exit, once you've picked up your car, needs your Skip the counter ticket, a driving licence, passport and the credit card you paid with and I think they check if you want to pay for fuel or bring back full. I don't think they hassle you for any other extras.

Then you drive off thinking how did I get away with that, with a happy DW and 2xDD :-)

Regards

Paul
Yeah I did it exactly this way with US Rent A Car.

With Dollar, you can ask the 3rd party to add your Dollar Express details to the booking to do the same thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts