Alamo - Later Pick Up

wee-haggis

DIS Veteran
My flight times arriving have changed a bit (arriving one hour later than my booked.Alamo pick up time).
At one time with Alamo I was able to modify the time online. It appears I cannot do this now (it does have a link for Modification and Cancellation but as far as I can see the only modifying you can now do is to your profile).
Is it better just to leave things as is (because rebooking cost is substantially higher) ?
Am I correct in saying that a late arrival is not a big deal with Alamo ?
Thanks

My flight times arriving have changed a bit (arriving one hour later than my booked.Alamo pick up time).
At one time with Alamo I was able to modify the time online. It appears I cannot do this now (it does have a link for Modification and Cancellation but as far as I can see the only modifying you can now do is to your profile).
Is it better just to leave things as is (because rebooking cost is substantially higher) ?
Am I correct in saying that a late arrival is not a big deal with Alamo ?
Thanks

Don't change your reservation because it may increase your rates. Keep checking your rates with your new flight time and you may luck up on a better deal anyway. Then just make a new reservation with the lower rate and cancel your old one, If the rates don't go down, don't worry about it at all. Alamo told me they give you a window of a couple of hours without an issue. They told me that themselves, not something I made up or heard.

Here is a little more re-assurance for you with my experience: Last year I was flying from Philadelphia to Orlando on Frontier airline. The flight was scheduled to leave PHL @ 840pm. As I was leaving work at 3pm I got a text message notice that my flight was going to be delayed due to pending weather. It changed my flight from 840 to 930. I called Alamo and they assured me I would be fine and no need to modify the reservation. Well, when we arrived at the airport the new departure time was closer to midnite due to weather. We were supposed to arrive in Orlando before 10pm and we wouldn't even be departing Philadelphia until after 11pm. I called Alamo again to inform of the new estimated time of arrival to MCO. I anticipated problems because my "new pickup time" would be after midnite which meant it would technically be the "next day". The representative assured me they give a window of a couple of hours. BUT to reassure me, he changed my pickup time to 11:59pm . We arrived at 2am and the price stayed the same. Believe me, I double and triple checked it. Even when I returned the car, the receipt was the same as the reservation quote. So relax...if they can do all of that for me, I am sure you will be fine. Besides, between now and then, keep checking your rates with your new flight times. You may get a better deal anyway and none of it will matter!!! Good luck!!!

For rental car pick-ups, the only time you really need to worry about a delay of a few hours is at a non-airport location. Those locations have smaller inventory and limited hours.

At airport locations, having a customer arrive later due to flight delays is a daily occurrence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter