Alamo Inn and Suites Reviews?

lalasmama

DIS Veteran
I don't trust what I read on Trip Advisor, and searching here didn't get me any easy-to-find results because so much of it was about the Alamo car rental locations.

Thoughts on this hotel? It's $100/night, which makes me worry! I'm finding wishy-washy reviews. It looks like it's next door to Stovall's maybe?

Needs: (1 tie) Safe, (1 tie) Clean, (3) Cheap (shooting for under $120), (4) Close-ish, (5) Bed isn't rock hard.

Couldn't care less: Pool, Fridge, Microwave, etc.

Bonus points if you can compare it with other budget places (the former Super 8 on Katella is the other one we have experience with).

Thanks in advance!

Just my two cents. I stayed here back when it was the Alamo Motor Lodge in the last 70s it was a dump then. I stayed here again in the late 80s on a Road Trip with a college friend, it was a huge dump then. I've seen this place over the years as used to have APs for Disneyland and for our family its sort of a running joke.

Yelp reviews don't paint a pretty picture of it. Trip Advisor gives it a 2.5, Yelp a 2. From reading the reviews it seems very hit or miss, but once you get past the stock photos and you see the ones people post, well I've been in room like this and there is a reason they have such poor reviews.

Would I stay here? Not a chance.

When are you going? I got a killer rate at the Sheraton that was in your price range, but timing is everything.

I stayed there over the 4th of July Weekend. It was pretty bare bones. The walk to the parks going through Downtown Disney was pretty far. My room was clean but real bare bones. They do charge you $5.00 if you don't give them back your room keys. I wouldn't stay here again there's much better places. Oh the pool was tiny and crowded. Oh the bed was fine and the A/C was good. I paid less than $100.00 a night.

When are you going? I got a killer rate at the Sheraton that was in your price range, but timing is everything.

Feb 20-24, 2019... I'm having a heck of a time finding anything cheap! I'm booked at Castle Inn for $157 or so, which was about $30 less than Tropicana (our typical place).

That's right around President's Day so it's a busy time, for that price range that might be a decent place. If you can bump your $ up a bit you've got the Red Lion, and a few others show up around $145. You might consider Priceline, but again President's day is whats causing the prices to go up.

I stayed there as a solo female traveler in June for 2 nights. It was an easy 10-15 minute walk to the DTD gates. I paid $190 for 2 nights (taxes included).

The room was quiet (I ran the A/C fan all night, though - I run the fan no matter where I stay to buffer noise), clean and convenient. The bathroom was clean and the shower had good pressure. There was a microwave and mini-fridge. I did not drive, so I don't know if they charge for parking

We have also stayed at: Tropicana, Motel 6, Kings Inn, HoJo and Candlewood Inn & Suites.

I would absolutely stay here again, and have it booked for my January trip!

@DharmaLou fact that you stayed there and liked it says a lot. Have they recently done an upgrade or do you have any thoughts why some of the rooms looked pretty trashed in the Yelp reviews?

I have no idea why the rooms look that way. Was it upscale? Nope, but it was clean with decent bedding. Obviously I can't speak to every room, only the one I stayed in, but I'd definitely rate it better than Motel 6 and on par with Kings Inn.

My friend stayed there a month ago and said it was fine. It's not super close but the room was clean and she liked the price, which was $80/night at the time she was there. We usually travel together but I couldn't go so she wanted to stay somewhere cheaper since she had to pay it all herself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter