Alamo aisles?

Jajone

DIS Veteran
Where can I find which aisles Alamo has at MCO? I keep reading that they do not have certain categories. We have rented a mid size suv hoping to find something a little bigger for luggage space. Also, we will be arriving at 1:30am. Do you think, I will have more or less choices at that time in my category?

the only cat they combine is economy and compact. At that time you should have a good selection to pick from. If you don't find what you want to you can walk to the other side of the airport. The car rental companies are located on both the A & B side of the airport. We did that once when they were out of our mid size cars.

Alamo does not have a standard aisle at MCO so you would get a full size. I highly recommend holding two reservations. One for the mid size SUV and one for standard or full size. There is a lot of times that a mini van will be available in that aisle. Sometimes even in the mid size aisle. I recommend going to the parking garage and see what aisle looks best for you. Then do online check in and skip the counter while you sit in your vehicle you choose. Show your phone, ID, and credit card at the gate and your all set to go. You might be able to save your self some money.

Mid SUV lately has been a lot of Jeeps. A couple of different models. In January, my daughter begged to take a bright red Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. Pretty hilarious to drive that around. In April I had a standard SUV, and took a Ford Edge, it had LOADS of luggage space. A couple of weeks ago I took a Nissan Rogue (not lots of luggage space).

I usually book the mid SUVs. Sometimes I see minivans on that aisle.

How do you make the reservation Alamo "aisle"?
You will need to be an “Alamo Insider”. Registration is free at the Alamo website. Make your reservation however you normally would (I use Costcotravel.com since we have a Costco membership). Then go to the Alamo website (if not already there) and associate your Insider account with the reservation. That will allow you to do on-line check-in followed by skip-the-counter (which requires credit card information in addition to the on-line check-in information). Print the skip-the-counter form or save the bar code to your phone. Go directly to your the appropriate aisle to choose your car. Not as simple as the National Emerald Club, but Alamo rates are generally better for leisure travelers.

You will need to be an “Alamo Insider”. Registration is free at the Alamo website. Make your reservation however you normally would (I use Costcotravel.com since we have a Costco membership). Then go to the Alamo website (if not already there) and associate your Insider account with the reservation. That will allow you to do on-line check-in followed by skip-the-counter (which requires credit card information in addition to the on-line check-in information). Print the skip-the-counter form or save the bar code to your phone. Go directly to your the appropriate aisle to choose your car. Not as simple as the National Emerald Club, but Alamo rates are generally better for leisure travelers.

Thank you. I have an Insider account. The option came up once I was willing to check-in. I was afraid that 'checking in' would take away the no fee cancellation. IT DIDN'T!

I was going to try and do skip the counter this year but we have free gps as part of our booking, would we have to go to the counter to collect this?

we had an Alamo "drive happy deal" for July 4th week and got to choose from the midsize aisle. They had a Toyota Rav which fit 5 people, 5 big suitcases and 5 small carryons. We were really happy with it.

I was going to try and do skip the counter this year but we have free gps as part of our booking, would we have to go to the counter to collect this?

I believe that there is a help desk in the garage that you can pick it up from. That's where we grabbed our car seat from and I think I saw them there also.

You sometimes see minivans in aisles other than minivan.

And yes, there is a small stand in the garage to help you, although the lines get pretty long at peak times.

We rented a luxury elite SUV, which they were out of at arrival. When the car they subbed turned out to be smaller than we thought would work they gladly offered to bring another SUV out. My teen was okay with having a suitcase on her lap for the short trip to the condo so we were in good shape.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter