Aladdin on Hold?

BelloFam

Working to pay for my Disney addiction
Hi DIS-ers,

Someone in our cruise facebook group posted the following, "Just read that Aladdin won’t be one of the shows while we’re sailing! They’re on hiatus for a bit—reworking the show and some performers contracts ended ☹️ i wish we could find out what will be shown in its place!"

Can any of you confirm or add more info on this? It seems like DCL would send out some sort of communication either globally or to specific cruise passengers on upcoming cruises if they were halting a show. We are set to sail on April 6th.

Thanks!

It's confirmed. we were on the fantasy last week and many of our FB cruise group spoke to CM. Lots of contracts ended and apparently the Genie is in NYC doing auditions or something. Someone in our cruise group has friends onboard this week and the replacement is a broadway type show (don't know specifics)

Thank you! That's disappointing. Hopefully they'll have it back up and running by the time we sail.

Oh what a bummer. Was looking forward to this show. The movie is my DH's favorite.

Scott from DCL Blog is on the current western Fantasy sailing. No Aladdin, they have 'Stars set sail: Disney on Broadway star Josh Strickland' this week. Usually they have the 'Stars set sail' programs on long cruises. I assume it'll be a different Disney singer each week.

Day 1 Lynn Trefzger
day 2 Wishes
day 3 Nick Paul
day 4 Josh Strickland
day 5 Captain Marvel
day 6 Marcus Monroe
day 7 Believe

Hopefully they'll announce soon what they will be replacing it with. Seems like fantasy would get the shortend of the stick if Dream has Beauty and the Beast, Wonder has frozen and magic has tangeled, all awesome shows. that's half of the reason I booked a cruise on the dream to see beauty and the beast. I hope by October they have something real replace it. I know when they were announcing beauty and the beast for disney dream though it was like back in june of 2017 and then it premiered in march or something of 2018 so it's doubtful I'll see a new show when we sail in october of this year on fantasy.

It sounded like it was going to be a 10 week hiatus. Can't remember where I read that. Will affect my upcoming in that case. I had been looking forward to seeing it.

Oh man this really stinks. We are going at the beginning of May and was really looking forward to Aladdin. I just say Disney on Broadway the last day of the festival of the arts so I have zero interest in this. Really upsetting that they didn’t plan better. This might be our only Disney Cruise so probably would’ve picked a different sailing if we would’ve known it would have less shows than the other ships.

Hopefully they'll rework it to align to the new Aladdin movie. That makes the most sense if they can keep the same AV set up, minimize changes to costumes and sets.

Hmm, that was the only show we were planning to see for a second time on our Fantasy sailing next week. The Genie has a big part in Believe, I wonder how they are reworking that one.

Does anyone know when this started. We are on the last week of May...if it is only 10 weeks...maybe it will be back for our sailing?

Whoa that is cutting it close...if it is exactly 10 weeks...we should be the first cruise when it returns!

Whoa that is cutting it close...if it is exactly 10 weeks...we should be the first cruise when it returns!
May 24 is the release date for Aladdin (the movie), so it is likely that they are targeting the same week for re-launch of the show as well.

Well...guess I will just have to book a second trip on the Fantasy, since it looks like we will be missing this when we sail next month.

Personally, I'm a little bummed that we will not get a chance to see the original production, which so many folks raved about. I'm sure that the newly refreshed show will be as good or better etc., but given recent history of Disney remakes and Robin Williams' performance as Genie, the classics are just that... the classics.

I'm kinda bummed... Early may is my first time on the Fantasy and I was excited to see it. Oh well :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter