"Aladdin" being extended for the time being

Monkey Monkey

DIS Veteran
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...nted-genies-run-extended-at-hyperion-theater/

Contrary to earlier reports, the Hyperion Theater won’t be setting the genie free just yet. By popular demand, “Disney’s Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular” will remain at Disney’s California Adventure park.

We received a lot of comments on the Blog asking for Aladdin to continue its run. It’s almost as if the Genie granted your wish!

Although “Toy Story – The Musical” was scheduled to move into Hyperion Theater following Genie’s last bow, Buzz, Woody and their pals will stay focused on the new additions in Toy Story Mania…for now.

Construction has been scheduled near the Hyperion Theater for August 15. Although that may still impact some performances, we’re doing everything we can to keep the show up and running. Stay tuned to the Blog for updates, and we’ll share details when we have them (or, you can always check disneyland.com for showtimes.

That's great news! :thumbsup2 We have a trip planned for August so one of my DSs can see it :). I was wondering if announcing an end date was a great idea? Just had me thinking people might descend upon the theatre to catch it one last time? :confused3 wonder if they'll announce it's demise again or let it go quietly? Lol
thanks for the info :goodvibes

I wonder how long they'll keep it. I'm guessing that December is too much to hope for, lol! I would LOVE to bring my girls to see this again before they do away with it.

I'm sure it's only sticking around because they fell behind with other stuff. But hey...I'm not complaining! Maybe it will still be there in September!! I haven't seen it in years and I miss it. :woohoo:

I was sad to hear that Aladdin was being cancelled. :sad2:

We saw it last summer for the 1st time and loved it so much, we went a second time. A truly great show! :thumbsup2

I am ssooo happy!!! I was sad when I went in march and knew I was going in end of aug that I would not see it again :( but now I can do a happy dance!!:dance3:

That is fantastic news!! It is hands down the best Disney park show I have ever seen, and they have some great ones! I guess we didn't have to give up our summer trip to WDW so that we could come to DL so DD(4) could see it before it was gone! Oh well, I'm still excited about getting out to DL again!

I love this show! What great news! Even if it's presumably only temporary.

Sigh, personally I wish they'd just forget about the whole Toy Story Musical idea altogether! From what I've heard about the Toy Story Musical on Disney Cruise Line, it leaves a lot to be desired. :rolleyes1 Besides, enough Pixar at DCA already!! :rolleyes:

Aladdin is a superb and highly popular show. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Good because I'm not interested in any Toy Story Musical. I like Aladdin! It's great and I'm happy it going to stay for a while longer. Keep Toy Story where it's at!

Yeah! I love Aladdin. We've seen it about 10 times so far and I'm glad to hear we'll be able to see it a few times more. :goodvibes

I have yet to see the show, perhaps I should finally go before they do decide to tear it down for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter