AKV Savannah View Studios - Jambo v Kidani

bvolek86

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

Tomorrow I will be making a reservation for our first ever stay at AKV. This has lead us to a big question.... Jambo or Kidani?
We are definitely staying in a savannah view room so my question to AKV Vets is this: which do you prefer and why? They both look beautiful but we are leaning Jambo.

Thanks for your help!

Normal times or current COVID times? Jambo, though DVC rooms and the pool are currently open, is essentailly closed with no restaurants, store, or hotel rooms open and no daily events, so Kidani is currently a better choice, and it Is unknown how long that situation will last.

In normal times, I view Kidani as highly preferred if doing 1BR or 2BR, both of which have an extra bathroom and are larger and much better than their namesakes at Jambo. However, the studios are of like size at both and Jambo gets my vote because of three good restaurants, a table service, buffet and quick service to Kidani’s one table service, the much larger and impressive lobby and larger store, and an elaborate bar area that is far more impressive than the bar at Kidani.

Last edited:
Jambo is smaller but has the quick service and table restaurant. Kidani has neither. Also being smaller is more convenient of a walk to buses if you don’t have a car. The resort is shaped like horseshoes so it maximizes the safari views but makes walking the hallways long, and last time we stayed at Kidani it was a good 15 minute walk out of the room to the bus stop.

Jambo is smaller but has the quick service and table restaurant. Kidani has neither. Also being smaller is more convenient of a walk to buses if you don’t have a car. The resort is shaped like horseshoes so it maximizes the safari views but makes walking the hallways long, and last time we stayed at Kidani it was a good 15 minute walk out of the room to the bus stop.
I have read horror stories about the long walks at Kidani

Normal times or current COVID times? Jambo, though DVC rooms and the pool are currently open, is essentailly closed with no restaurants, store, or hotel rooms open and no daily events, so Kidani is currently a better choice, and it Is unknown how long that situation will last.

in normal times, I view Kidani as highly preferred if doing 1BR or 2BR, both of which have an extra bathroom and are larger and much better than their namesakes at Jambo. However, the studios are of like size at both and Jambo gets my vote because of three good restaurants, a table service, buffet and quick service to Kidani’s one table service, the much larger and impressive lobby and larger store, and an elaborate bar area that is far more impressive than the bar at Kidani.
I hadn’t realized so much was different at Jambo due to Covid. Maybe book the studio at Kidani and then watch availability and what is/isn’t open and move the reservation to Jambo

I have read horror stories about the long walks at Kidani
It was brutal. And the bus situation wasn’t great either. I don’t know if that’s any different than at jambo though because they run on the same line. We waited up to 30 min for a bus at one point. I believe it’s because AL and AKL are so far removed from the other parks. But it was enough for me to buy points at Riviera because it made the skyliner so appealing.

It was brutal. And the bus situation wasn’t great either. I don’t know if that’s any different than at jambo though because they run on the same line. We waited up to 30 min for a bus at one point. I believe it’s because AL and AKL are so far removed from the other parks. But it was enough for me to buy points at Riviera because it made the skyliner so appealing.
I can absolutely understand that. I stay at Pop Century in March right before the closures with a high school trip and that was my first experience with the skyliner. Its AWESOME! The main reason we have a stay at Riviera booked for March.

I prefer Jambo for the lobby and the atmosphere. If I was staying in a 1-BR or a 2-BR, I might pick Kidani for the extra bathroom. For a studio, it's Jambo, hands down! It has a double vanity in the bathroom area and a larger sink in the kitchenette. I've only done savanna-view one time, and I chose Kidani. It was amazing because we were on a lower floor, so we were eye-level with the giraffes. If I were booking savanna-view now, however, I would book Jambo just because it would guarantee me a savanna with giraffes and zebras. At Kidani, you could end up on the Pemba savanna which has no giraffes or zebras. I wouldn't want to take that chance.

I prefer Jambo for the lobby and the atmosphere. If I was staying in a 1-BR or a 2-BR, I might pick Kidani for the extra bathroom. For a studio, it's Jambo, hands down! It has a double vanity in the bathroom area and a larger sink in the kitchenette. I've only done savanna-view one time, and I chose Kidani. It was amazing because we were on a lower floor, so we were eye-level with the giraffes. If I were booking savanna-view now, however, I would book Jambo just because it would guarantee me a savanna with giraffes and zebras. At Kidani, you could end up on the Pemba savanna which has no giraffes or zebras. I wouldn't want to take that chance.
The wife LOVES giraffes and one thing we keep talk about is coffee w the giraffes on the balcony of our room. Looks like it’s Jambo for us.

For view. IMO, the lower the floor the better the view. Jambo DVC is mostly 5th floor so Kidani gives a better chance for a better view. Kidani has a smaller pool but better slide and better splash pad for kids. If you don't bring a car, bus picks up at Kidani first and drops off first, sometimes important when people at Jambo can't get on the bus. If you bring your own car then Kidani parking is under building and much better chance for shorter walk to room.

Jambo lobby is gorgeous and has better shop and restaurant variety, although two of them are on pricey end. Jambo feels like a really nice hotel whereas Kidani is more quiet.

For view. IMO, the lower the floor the better the view. Jambo DVC is mostly 5th floor so Kidani gives a better chance for a better view. Kidani has a smaller pool but better slide and better splash pad for kids. If you don't bring a car, bus picks up at Kidani first and drops off first, sometimes important when people at Jambo can't get on the bus. If you bring your own car then Kidani parking is under building and much better chance for shorter walk to room.

Jambo lobby is gorgeous and has better shop and restaurant variety, although two of them are on pricey end. Jambo feels like a really nice hotel whereas Kidani is more quiet.
Thanks for the feedback!

I can absolutely understand that. I stay at Pop Century in March right before the closures with a high school trip and that was my first experience with the skyliner. Its AWESOME! The main reason we have a stay at Riviera booked for March.
Lucky you!

Was at Pop this fall. Skyliner service was great, I assume since AoA was still closed. Had been @ AoA in January, wait times were much longer; especially during peak times.

Bus lines looked long this fall, probably due to less people permissable per vehicle. Did seem as though they were running more frequently.

We rent a car, don’t drive if drinking though, happy if a bus comes within 15-20 minutes. Ecstatic if I get a seat :)

Lucky you!

Was at Pop this fall. Skyliner service was great, I assume since AoA was still closed. Had been @ AoA in January, wait times were much longer; especially during peak times.

Bus lines looked long this fall, probably due to less people permissable per vehicle. Did seem as though they were running more frequently.

We rent a car, don’t drive if drinking though, happy if a bus comes within 15-20 minutes. Ecstatic if I get a seat :)
Exactly, almost always rent a car. First time we stayed at Jambo, waited 45 minutes for a bus in the morning. I was not very happy and my wife solved the problem by always renting a car there after. Now we both are happy, she stays at her favorite resort and I do not waste time on my few precious vacations I get a year. By the way, if you rent a car and stay at Kidani, you can park in the lower level close the the elevator that is closest to your room, it really cuts down on the walk time.

We were just at Kidani about a week ago. There were no horrific, brutal long walks in the corridors because every so often you can look out a window and see animals on the savanna. We had a full kitchen (one bedroom villa) and brought along stuff for breakfast and snacks. We ate a few table service dining and did Food & Wine for most of our food. We had almost no wait for buses either at the resort or at the theme parks. In one case we had just missed the bus we had wanted to take and it was about 15-20 minutes until the next one came. To Epcot, it took from 13.5 to 15 minutes from leaving Kidani, stopping at Jambo and arriving at Epcot. MK was about 15.5 minutes. AK was about 5 minutes. Disney Springs took about 20 minutes.

If you choose Kidani and get a one bedroom or larger, if you take a shower in the stand alone shower and there doesn't seem to be any water pressure, look to see if the valve was flipped to direct the water to the tub instead of the shower and in the stand alone shower, I couldn't figure out why that valve was even there since the tub is a separate faucet. That was our sole problem other than the power outage on Thursday evening for about three hours and I was using a CPAP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter