AKV reservation requests - Help Needed!

Ciyra

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are staying at AKV for 2 weeks next May.

The first week will be a Jambo value studio.
The 2nd week will be a Jambo Savannah View Studio.

What room requests should I make?

High floor, specific savannah, etc. etc.

It's our first visit. Any tips are VERY appreciated!!!

MS will not take a view request for the Value studios. As for 'High Floor', all of the non Concierge Level DVC rooms at Jambo House are on the 5th Floor. Below is a link to the 5th floor of Jambo House. The Values will be along the Giraffe and Ostrich Trails. The Savanna Views will be the others except those facing the Uzima Pool.

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.php

We've stayed AKV Jambo house twice now in value studios. Both time requested a room on the ostrich trail, both times ended up with a savannah view.

They don't take view requests for value rooms. About 40% are pool view, 40% savanna and 20% parking lot. They might take a request for a dedicated studio (not attached to a 1BR); if so and you can get one of those you will avoid parking lot view because the dedicated studios face either the savanna or the pool.

As to savanna view, you can make requests. All are on 5th floor (the top floor for everywhere at Jambo except for a 6th floor directly above the lobby where the concierge rooms are), so requesting high or low floor is a waste of a request. Members have their different preferences. When staying at Jambo we usually request Arusha savanna view (the one in the middle of the U-shaped building) along Zebra trail (the right side of that U) where views are good but also the rooms face west and you do not get binding sun on the balcony and into the room in the morning.

Thank you all for your input!

Question -- Is there any benefit to requesting a dedicated studio other than possibly increasing my chances for a Savannah view in the value studio? Does the connecting door in the lock-off units let sound through or anything like that?

Thank you all for your input!

Question -- Is there any benefit to requesting a dedicated studio other than possibly increasing my chances for a Savannah view in the value studio? Does the connecting door in the lock-off units let sound through or anything like that?

There are 8 dedicated value studios. 4 overlook the Uzima Pool, the other 4 overlook the Sunset Savanna. If MS will take the request for a dedicated and it's granted, the only thing it will do is eliminate the chance of a parking lot view since the dedicated studios are split between pool and savanna view.

As for the connecting door on the lock-offs, I think it lets in sound so a dedicated should be quieter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter