AKV- Jambo vs. Kidani?

chicagoshannon

DIS Veteran
I bought AKV resale points this summer. This morning I tried to book a room for next September at Kidani. The website would only let me book Jambo. I thought they were the same as far as contracts go. When I bought the points the listing just said AKV didn't specify which side of the resort. Is this a website glitch or am I out of luck for Kidani?

Also, how hard will it be to switch from Jambo 1bdr to Kidani at 7 months? We really wanted the 2 bathrooms.

Each of the resorts is listed separately for booking. Make sure that you place a check mark in both. I own at AKV and have never had a problem booking either online.

As noted above, before calling make sure you check whether you did the system reservation correctly. What happens with AKV is that the system, when you go to the starting reservation page will have only the Jambo resort checked if your points are from Jambo. You need to go to the list of other WDW resorts and also check Kidani. Then when you continue to the next page it should allow you to book at either Jambo or Kidani.

Thanks everyone. I was able to modify the Jambo reservation to Kidani. Now I just have to wait for our 7 month window to hopefully switch from Boardwalk to Beach Club for the first half of our trip. :)

Each of the resorts is listed separately for booking. Make sure that you place a check mark in both. I own at AKV and have never had a problem booking either online.
When you search for reservations, Jambo will pop up automatically, because that is where you own. However, if you go down the list of resorts and put a check mark in front of Kidani, then it will also search there, AND it will let you book at 11 months out.

Go into the DVC Members website and choose your current reservation and then choose MODIFY and search both Kidani and Jambo and see if you can't just modify it over.

Kidani ALMOST ALWAYS has more rooms available than Jambo. Not always, but usually. So, you should be able to find it.

We are staying in Jambo this trip, in 2 weeks, but I set my sister up in Kidani and, frankly, I think I prefer Kidani just a little bit.

Do make sure to ask for Sunset Savannah at Kidani. If you specify that and ask to be near the Lobby or near the Timon elevator it should work out fine.

Don't expect thousands of zebras to be migrating across your savannah, or anything like that. I know that is obvious, but we have all seen nature films. The truth is, if you go to the African Savannahs during most of the year, you will see a few animals here and there. Often you need to drive around in a safari jeep to see very much. Well, with the Sunset savannnah at AKL, you will likely see a few giraffes, a few zebras, a kudu or two, some 'wild african cattle', maybe a few antelope or something, and that is about it. But they are in a relatively naturalistic setting and it is pretty cool. AND THERE IS NOTHING ELSE LIKE IT ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, except maybe on the African savannahs.

Do make sure to ask for Sunset Savannah at Kidani. If you specify that and ask to be near the Lobby or near the Timon elevator it should work out fine.

Don't expect thousands of zebras to be migrating across your savannah, or anything like that. I know that is obvious, but we have all seen nature films. The truth is, if you go to the African Savannahs during most of the year, you will see a few animals here and there. Often you need to drive around in a safari jeep to see very much. Well, with the Sunset savannnah at AKL, you will likely see a few giraffes, a few zebras, a kudu or two, some 'wild african cattle', maybe a few antelope or something, and that is about it. But they are in a relatively naturalistic setting and it is pretty cool. AND THERE IS NOTHING ELSE LIKE IT ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, except maybe on the African savannahs.
will do thanks. I have fairly low expectations for what we'll see but it will be nice to not be looking at a dumpster for a change. Also, if we could have at least some time without rain that would be great too. ;)

The glitch is back. We've been having issues with it and reported it yesterday. It's back this morning. Trying to add a day to our previously booked Jambo House stay, but it keeps saying we have to wait until 2020 to book.

We kept trying the other day and were eventually able to book our stay for Jambo. Now all I want to do is add a day on the end as we just found out DC got that day off too. Woohoo for an extra Disney day!

If you get the message in error, please call and report it. They'll think it's an isolated blip and think it's fixed if you don't. According to the tech rep DH spoke with the other day, it's the first they've heard of it. Um, I don't think so. It's probably the first time that rep has heard of it.

The glitch is back. We've been having issues with it and reported it yesterday. It's back this morning. Trying to add a day to our previously booked Jambo House stay, but it keeps saying we have to wait until 2020 to book.

We kept trying the other day and were eventually able to book our stay for Jambo. Now all I want to do is add a day on the end as we just found out DC got that day off too. Woohoo for an extra Disney day!

If you get the message in error, please call and report it. They'll think it's an isolated blip and think it's fixed if you don't. (I'm a former tech rep for another company.) According to the tech rep DH spoke with the other day, it's the first they've heard of it. Um, I don't think so. It's probably the first time that rep has heard of it.

-------------
UPDATE: Persistence pays off. Just finished modifying our booking. Whew! Now I can relax until it's time to book dining reservations. [Sits back and rests on her laurels whilst patting herself on the back for a job well done. Please pass the zebra domes and the mimosas.]

Last edited:

If you get the message in error, please call and report it. They'll think it's an isolated blip and think it's fixed if you don't. (I'm a former tech rep for another company.) According to the tech rep DH spoke with the other day, it's the first they've heard of it. Um, I don't think so. It's probably the first time that rep has heard of it.

-------------
UPDATE: Persistence pays off. Just finished modifying our booking. Whew! Now I can relax until it's time to book dining reservations. [Sits back and rests on her laurels whilst patting herself on the back for a job well done. Please pass the zebra domes and the mimosas.]

I’m having a similar issue as you’ve described. AKV Kidani owner. However, can’t seem to book Jambo House @ 11-months. I’ve confirmed that I’m selecting both when performing my availability search.

You do anything special or does it appear to have resolved independently...?

It resolved itself. Just keep trying.

And report it, please. I don't think they realize that this is a real issue. When I reported the issue, they did transfer me to an IT person, but he didn't ask me if I rebooted or cleared cookies, both of which can sometimes resolve website issues.

I cleared my cookies, then did a cold boot. Still had the problem, but at least I took my own frequently given advice.

Thanks! Ended up being user error on my part in this case. I was attempting to book a date that was not yet available to book even though it appeared as such in the booking tool. 🤦‍♂️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts